Can you feel my heartbeat

Catch That Thief

"Okay, I hacked the firewall system. All the alarms, censors and surveillance cameras are turned off now." Eli said through the earphone.

Kibum muttered a "thanks" before unlocking the side door and entering the gallery. The gallery showcased many artifacts, paintings and sculptures -- each of them easily weighing to ten million. Quietly walking to the center of the hall, Kibum set his eyes on the jade sculpture of a dragon enclosed in a glass box.

"Why would anyone want this ugly thing?" Kibum muttered to himself before shrugging and pulling out a knife like device from his backpack.

Kibum easily sliced the glass box apart with the god-knows-what-knife in his hand. The broken glass dropped to the violet carpeted floor with a muffled thud. Reaching into his bag, he pulled out a black box and carefully placed the sculpture in it. The box contained gelatin like substance to prevent the fragile sculpture from breaking in case of any impact.

While Kibum was about to lock the box and put it in his bag, he heard Eli shout through the earphone, ", they have a backup firewall. The alarms are returning back to normal, get out of there!"

Right on cue, the alarms blared as Kibum hastily stuffed the box into his bag and made his exit. However, he was blocked by 6 guards inching towards him. "Get out of here first, Eli." Kibum whispered, looking at the guards cautiously.

"What about you, hyung?!" Eli asked anxiously.

"I'll be fine. Just go first-" He stopped midway in his sentence when one of the guards charged towards him.

Blocking his punch, he kneed his guts before pulling him up by his collar and throwing him towards another guard. Both of them fell to the floor with heavy impact, groaning as they did. Kibum then quickly jump over the row displays in the center of the room and ran for the exit, not before knocking down some decorative flower pots to stop them.

Kicking open the door, Kibum saw one of the guards aiming his gun at him. He shut the door fast, hearing the sound of a gun shot. He ran out of the back alley as he heard footsteps behind him in a distance.

Kibum hesitated if he should use his gun that was in his back pocket. His main purpose was to steal, not hurt or kill anyone. Making a right turn, then a left, then jumping over a gate, he assumed he had lost them. He slowed down his speed but continued running when someone came in his way and called out, "You!"

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------



When Kevin stepped out from the pub to get his car, he noticed a figure running towards his direction. He stood still as he watched the figure that was somewhat familiar. As he came closer, Kevin remembered him as the guy who stole his phone. He stretched out his hands, blocking his way as he shouted, "You!"

Kibum looked at Kevin with an raised brow, "Do I know you, miss?"

"Miss?" Kevin cried out but soon remembering that he was dressed as a girl now. Talk about awkward. An idea hit Kevin suddenly. Since he wasn't himself, he could have some fun with the man. He wouldn't know who he was anyway.

"How can you not recognize me?" Kevin said in a cute and flirty voice while twirling "his" hair. "We met at that club remember? We talked and drank together." Kevin playfully punched Kibum on the shoulder.

Kibum scoffed, "I don't remember, sweetie." Hearing footsteps behind of him, he turned back slightly to see the guards running towards him.

Grabbing Kevin (or rather the girl), he pushed both of them into the alley beside them. He covered Kevin's mouth with one hand while his other hand was on Kevin's neck, pulling their faces closer so it looked like they were kissing.

Kevin's heart stopped when he got pulled into Kibum's embrace as he looked up at Kibum curiously. Kibum only looked away, panting slightly.

Since Kevin was facing the end of the alley, he could only hear voices behind him saying, "Where is he?", "Where did he go?", "That thing costs millions! We will be in deep ."

Being so close, Kevin could practically feel Kibum's heartbeat while his went dead. Just kidding, his was racing so fast, he felt like he was going to faint at this rate. Why was it pumping so fast anyway? Then another question popped up in his mind, "Could Kibum feel that his s were fake?"

Kibum pulled away after the guards went off. Looking at Kevin, he asked, "Are you okay?"

Kevin glared at Kibum, "Okay? How can I when some random guy just pulls me into a hug. I'm a girl for goodness sake, I feel ually harassed!"

"Didn't you say that you know me?" Kibum smartly replied.

Kevin remained silent, realizing his mistake. Smirking, Kibum inched his face closer to Kevin's and whispered, "Nice try, girl. But I'm into guys." He patted Kevin's cheek and winked before turning around.

"Wait," Kevin said as folded his arms, "Who were those people? Were they looking for you?"

Kibum smiled secretly, only turning his head slightly to the side, "That's for me to know, and you to find out." With that, he walked out of the alley.

"I do that for a living." Kevin uttered, staring at the retreating figure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Uhm... I don't know if its good but I hope it made up for the previous chapter? Sorry, Kibum has no interest is Kevsica kekeke.