So what are we?

Catch That Thief

"Hello?"

"Dongho, I miss you!" Kevin screamed, causing Dongho to pull his ear away from his phone. "How's everything going there?"

"Uhm, except for two weird babysitters in our house, one of them being the Kiseop guy, another named Eli, everything's fine. They're a bit annoying but still bearable." Dongho answered truthfully.

Kevin could hear a voice in the background going "Hey, I heard that!". Dongho only shrugged.

Did Dongho just say Eli and... Kiseop!? Since when did Kibum know Eli, and why is Kiseop there? Didn't he just get busted for stalking Kiseop like a creeper a few days back? The unanswered questions that revolved around Kevin was making him giddy. He'll look for an explanation later.

Kevin only snapped out of his thoughts when Dongho yelled his name through the phone.

"So hyung, what are you doing with Kibum?" Dongho asked, and Kevin could almost see the grin on his face. "When are you coming back? And why did you leave in such a hurry, so much for being a good brother."

"Uhm... we're on a trip. I don't know when we'll be back." Kevin lied, partially.

"So hyung is on a honeymoon with him now?" Dongho teased.

Kevin immediately denied, completing it with flailing arms.

"Hyung," Dongho sounded serious this time, "Are you in love?"

The question stunned Kevin for a few . How can he tell if he's in love? "I don't know, Dongho, I really don't."

Was he?

 

----------------------------------------------------------------
 


The following day, Kibum woke up to a fragrant scent of freshly-made breakfast.

"You're up?" Kevin asked, putting the plate of breakfast on the coffee table. "Breakfast is ready! I woke up early so I to the mart downstairs to get some ingredients."

Seeing Kibum struggling to get up from the couch, Kevin immediately went over to help. "Thanks."

Taking the plate of breakfast, Kibum began eating while Kevin looked at him expectantly. Kibum raised a brow at him, "Are you expecting me to say something?"

Kevin nodded enthusiastically.

"Fine, it's good."

Smiling smugly as though he won an unknown game, Kevin walked away. "I knew it!"

The raised brow remained etched on Kibum's face as he gazed at Kevin's back view. Was Kevin different today?

"Oh wait!" Kevin suddenly turned back, "How do you know Eli?"

"Work." Kibum replied.

"Work?" Kevin leaned his head to the right, "If you're.... that means Eli's also a...!?"

Kibum nodded as he continued feasting on his breakfast.

Jaws dropping, Kevin slowly said, "Wow I can't believe... Wow."

Kibum resisted the urge to pinch the confused Kevin in front of him.

Standing up to bring his empty plate to the sink, Kibum slowly stood up from the couch, letting out a small groan. The groan snapped Kevin out of his daze as he took a few steps towards Kibum, wanting to help.

"You make me feel like an old man." Kibum scowled, refusing to seek help from Kevin, walking into the kitchen.

As Kibum stepped into the kitchen, the wet slippery floor made his foot slip, causing him to fall backwards. Instinctively, Kevin ran forward to catch him and soon both ended up on the floor, in the most awkward position ever.

Kibum on top of Kevin, their faces inches apart, eyes meeting each other's. No one said anything, the both looking at the other in silence.

"So what are we?" Kibum whispered, eyes softening.

"I don't know." Kevin answered, voice genuinely sounding unsure.

Slowly, Kibum leaned forward, closing up the distance between them while Kevin slowly closed his eyes. Both lips was about to meet when the doorbell rang all of a sudden, causing the both to stop their actions and retreat.

"I'll go get it..." Kevin awkwardly said, squirming out from being under Kibum. Kibum mentally cursed at whoever that was at the door.

Returning from the door, Kevin held a box in his hand, experimentally shaking it. "What's this?"

"Something I asked Eli to send over." Kibum grabbed the box. "You'll find out the use of it soon."

"So what's the plan?" Kevin sneaked up behind Kibum, attempting to glimpse at what Kibum was doing on his laptop. "We can't stay here forever and do nothing."

"Doesn't sound like a bad idea." Kibum mused.

Looking at Kibum's laptop, Kevin saw a map with many flashing red dots on various spots and a bunch of html at the right corner of the screen. "What's this?"

"Hacked into the cop's computer system and tracking where they are now. They're coming this way." Kibum stated like it was the most normal and simplest thing in the world.

Reaching over to a drawer attached to the table, Kibum fished out a bottle and threw it at Kevin. Kevin scrutinized the bottle and glanced doubtfully at Kibum. "Black hair dye?"

Kibum nodded. "We can't go running around if you have a conspicuous hair colour that sticks out like a sore thumb."

"What!? No! I am not using that, I look awful in black hair!" Kevin protested quickly and instinctively touched his orange hair.

"Then take the money and go back to Seoul." Kibum shrugged. Now, not only did he have to worry about the cops, he also have an unhappy customer on his back. Not that it was really worrying, Kibum was already used to it anyway.

Eying Kibum with a pout, Kevin reluctantly agreed and went to the bathroom to dye his hair. Luckily for Kevin, the black dye wasn't very effective on his orange hair so it turned out dark brown instead.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Note: I'm amused at how my chapter ended so awkwardly. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry for the cliche plot but.... needed a way to pull Kemaru together, right? ^0^