A plan and a pet

Catch That Thief

"Your wound looks better." Kevin commented, as he changed the gauze on Kibum's back.

Smiling at the perfectly bandaged wound, Kevin returned Kibum's clothes, more like throwing it at him. Kevin took a whiff. The air in the car smelled like... Calvin Klein.

"Yah, you wear cologne while you're on the run!?" Kevin questioned.

Wearing back his top, Kibum shrugged, "I have to smell good even when I'm running, right?"

Getting out of the backseat of the car, Kevin and Kibum slid into the driver and passenger seat respectively.

"Now, to deliver a gift." Kibum said, eying the jade sculpture Kevin picked up from the passenger seat.

After a 10 minutes ride, Kibum stopped in front of an European-styled mansion, consisting of  beige bricks with gold edges, enclosed behind blinding white gates.

"Oh my gosh, it's so pretty!" Kevin squeaked, awed by how grand the place looked.

"I can build you one that looks like it." Scoffing, Kibum got out of the car.

Pressing the doorbell choppily, Kibum made sure to annoy whoever was inside the house, before carefully putting down the sculpture in front of the gates.

With expectant eyes, Kevin looked at Kibum, who just closed the car door. "Really? You can build me one like that?"

"Yes, yes, if you wish." Kibum smiled as stepped on the gas pedal.

Kevin clapped his hands excitedly before his face turned serious. Biting his lips, Kevin meekly asked, "Can we go somewhere first?"

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

Kneeling in front of the grave, Kevin gently touched the picture fixated on it.

"Mum, I miss you." Kevin spoke softly. "I miss you..."

Kibum stood beside Kevin, looking at him concernedly.

"But it's all right, I know you're watching me from above, with our maker. I should be happy for you, you're with god now. And me... I'm happy too. I have someone I can be with, someone to rely on..." Kevin stopped as tears flowed down his cheeks.

Feeling his tears gently being wiped away, he looked left, finding Kibum smiling warmly at him. Kibum looked at the picture on the grave. "Mrs Lee, I'm keeping the promise made. I will protect and care for Kevin for the rest of my life. I know I'm playing with my life having a job like this, but I assure you, I won't let anything happen to Kevin. I'll die, just to make sure that he's safe because I love your son, I really do."

Through his reddened eyes, Kevin looked at Kibum, a mixture of emotions overwhelming him. "Don't worry, I'll take care of this kid as long as I live." Kibum confirmed, caressing Kevin's hair.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Are you sure this will work?" Kevin asked doubtfully as both of them looked down at the Airport's departure hall.

"Of course." Kibum smiled reassuringly, pushing up the black shades on his nose bridge.


A man walked slowly to the custom with his head down low, dragging his luggage behind him. Suspicion was clearly shown on the face of the personnel at the custom.

"Passport, please."

'Kim Kibum' was printed neatly on the passport. She checked through the passport, scanning every page before returning the passport to the man. "Thank you." She said mechanically.

A nod, and the man left immediately.

Smirking, Kibum took Kevin's hand. "Phase 1 complete. Come on, let's get a drink." Both of them left to get some caffeine from the cafe in the airport.

Checking the time on his phone, Kibum muttered, "The plane has left."

"Now." Kibum said after dialing Eli's number.

One by one, all the screens and boards in the airport out, only showing pages of html. Gasps resonated throughout the airport, confusion and shock apparent on the faces of the airport staffs.

"I still don't get how this works." Kevin pouted, something in hand.

"I'll tell you the simplified version." Kibum explained patiently, "The crashing of the airport's computer along with the suspicious man named 'Kim Kibum' departing will lead the cops to think that I fled to another country and is now trying to erase information on me leaving. I made special arrangements for the man. He would be taking multiple transits to mess up the cop's tracking. All in all, he would be difficult to find and once he is found, because he isn't me, the cops would just leave him alone and continue their investigations somewhere else. Also, by the time the cops get to him, I estimate we would be living a peaceful life for quite some time."

Kevin nodded with reverence, finally understanding Kibum's plan. "He will be safe, right?"

"Yeah. I even bought him a house and got him a job."

A sudden and sharp bark interrupted the conversation between the two. Kevin gazed lovingly at the brown puppy in his hands, patting it. "You want to be involved in the conversation too, huh?" Kevin said cutely, "Your owner will be fine don't worry. I'll be your owner from now on."

Smiling at the adorable scene before him, Kibum asked, "Gotten a name for him yet?"

Kevin paused for a while, tilting his head as though in deep thought."Choco." He answered, kissing the brown toy poodle which was wagging its tail excitedly.

Flashing a sweet smile, he soon asked, "So where are we heading to now?"

"Home."

The smile widened into a radiant beam.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: OTL such a lame way to end the issue.  

But on a happier note, I finished writing the ending~