Before the dawn

Catch That Thief

Regaining consciousness, Kevin found himself in a completely foreign environment. A grand looking house it was - high ceilings, a white rustic staircase and a spacious living room with expensive electronics scattered around.

He tried getting up but fell back to the couch due the immense weight of his head. Feeling his forehead dizzily, he realized he was having a fever.

"You're up?" A voice asked. Kibum knelt in front of Kevin, setting the first-aid kit beside him.

"Where am I?" Kevin's words barely audible.

"What does it look like? Does this place look like a hospital?" Opening the first aid-kit, Kibum took out a tube of cream and cotton wool.

"Don't move." Kibum ordered, gently dabbing the antiseptic cream on Kevin's wounds.

Wincing from the stinging pain, Kevin commented, "Your house is nice."

Kibum laughed, "Thanks."

After minutes of applying the cream on for Kevin, Kibum packed the items back into the kit while Kevin thanked him softly.

Just then, Kibum's phone rang.

"Hyung, leave now! They're coming, on their way there now. LEAVE." Eli anxiously said.

"Okay, thanks." Kibum simply replied.

Bringing out a luggage, Kibum took a black bulky pouch from his wardrobe, along with several pieces of clothing and stuffed it into his luggage.

Kibum dumped the luggage in the trunk of his car before taking quick strides towards Kevin. "I have to go, I'll send you home." Kibum easily carried Kevin while Kevin instinctively wrapped his arms around Kibum's neck, preventing himself from falling.

"What's wrong?" Kevin questioned weakly.

"Nothing, I just have to go somewhere else." Kibum said, walking to his car and gently releasing Kevin into the passenger seat.

If Kevin's driving was frightening, you haven't seen Kibum's. Driving at 240km/h, the car was practically flying pass the highway. Kevin sunk back into his seat due the high pressure. It was completely dangerous but somehow, looking at Kibum's emotionless face, Kevin felt assured, as though it would be safe as long as Kibum was here.

In no time, they were reaching Kevin's house. Kibum checked the rear mirror, noticing 2 black cars driving near him. Far too near.

Changing gears, the car zoomed past Kevin's house in an incredibly fast speed, the engines roaring loudly.

"You drove past my house..." Kevin pointed to his house that was no longer in view.

Not answering Kevin, Kibum only stepped on the gas pedal, causing Kevin to jerk back in his seat.

Kibum glanced at the rear mirror again. He ignored the traffic light that just turned red, stepped harder on the pedal (though it was no longer possible because he was driving at maximum speed limit).

Kevin screamed when he saw a car approaching and honking on his left. However, with Kibum's magical driving skills, they dodged the oncoming vehicle. Unfortunately for one of the black cars behind of him, it crashed onto the vehicle, causing the vehicle to swivel and collide into a lamp post.

"Oh my god, what are you doing!? STOP! Do you think you're a F1 racer?!" Kevin yelled, now fully conscious despite being ill due to Kibum's dangerous driving. Once again, he was ignored by Kibum, who was only concentrating on the road.

All of a sudden, Kibum made a abrupt right turn at a junction. Wheels of the car screeched and the car drifted. Tired from screaming, Kevin gave up on panicking and simply leaned back in his seat to enjoy the road show.

Kibum smiled proudly, "Lost them."

Deciding there wasn't a need to speed anymore, Kibum slackened his strength on the gas pedal and drove in a considerably acceptable speed (140km/h) while Kevin promptly fell asleep.

"We're here." Kibum announced, after an hour long journey.

Kevin's eyes fluttered open, realizing it was already dawn. Not bothering to wait for a reply, Kibum lifted Kevin up from the seat and brought him into an apartment, placing him on a couch. Returning to his car and opening the trunk, he took his luggage and a car plate. He removed his current car plate, and stuck on the new one, with a different car plate number.

"This is your house?" Kevin asked as he looked around the apartment.

Kibum nodded.

"Wow, you must be earning a lot." Kevin continued, "You didn't tell me you have a house in Jeonju. Your hometown?"

"You didn't ask." Kibum replied, drawing the curtains and opening the windows.

"Wait, main point, why did you bring me here? Didn't you say you'll bring me home?" Kevin sat up while looking at Kibum walking around the house busily.

"I forgot." Kibum blatantly lied, not bothering if Kevin saw through it.

"You're a thief, aren't you?"

Kibum stopped what he was doing and turned to look at Kevin.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: I think I might be able to update regularly from now on! ^0^

Thank you to all my commenters and subscribers! <3