The beginning of trouble

Catch That Thief

Kevin slowly opened his eyes when he felt an icy sensation on his forehead. Feeling the wet towel on his forehead, he scanned around the room to find Kibum staring right at him.

"Good evening." He laughed as he gave Kevin a glass of water and a pill. "Take it."

While taking the medicine, Kevin looked groggily at the clock on the wall. He slept for 9 hours!? Realization hit him all of a sudden as he exclaimed, "OH MY GOD, I FORGOT ABOUT DONGHO." His eyes widened, grabbing Kibum's shoulder instinctively.

Patting Kevin's shoulder, Kibum replied calmly, "Don't worry, already got that covered. I got someone to take care of him."

Kevin sighed in relief while Kibum smiled and stood up. "Go take a shower and we'll go out for dinner. There's nothing in my house." With that, Kibum left the room. That's when Kevin realized he had fell asleep on the couch earlier on. Why was he in the bedroom now? Did Kibum carry him in?

 

-----------------------------------------------------------


Staring out of the balcony, Kibum leaned forward on the railing as he opened up a can of beer.

Why was he treating Kevin differently from anyone else?

When he made the promise in the hospital, he meant it as an act for Kevin's mother. Then why is it that Kibum actually has the intention of fulfilling it?

Kibum took a sip of his beer, watching the sun slowly descend to meet the ground.

Why of all people, a random girly boy he met not long ago, in the most unexpected situation? Was he in love or was it just an overwhelming sense of responsibility he had to shoulder?

His thoughts were disrupted when a voice asked, "So you have nothing in your fridge but you have beer?"

Shrugging, Kibum took another sip of beer. "Beer don't expire fast."

Joining Kibum at the balcony, Kevin gazed admiringly at the sunset. "It's beautiful."

"Like you."

Kevin cast Kibum a weird look but Kibum ignored it and continued looking at the sunset, the breeze gently messing up their hair.

"You know, my mum died 6 years ago due to grieve of my dad leaving her. I didn't want to stay with my relatives so I ran away. Then I met this man, who taught me how to steal. It was risky but being a 15 year old, what else can I do? 3 years later, he got shot and died. By who, I don't know either. Maybe the agents, maybe his enemies. One thing I know, is that I'll end up like him someday because its always how people in this line end up."

Blinking, Kevin could only look at Kibum, clueless about what to say to Kibum's sudden confession.

Seeing Kevin's dumbfounded face, Kibum chuckled, albeit a little fake one. "Let's go for dinner, I'm starving." He grabbed Kevin's wrist and led him into the house.

As the both walked along the streets, Kevin noticed a disheveled man, clothes ragged and tattered sitting at the side of the street, leaning against the wall with a puppy beside him. Kevin went over to him as he dug from his pocket 4000won, giving the money to the beggar politely.

Kibum walked over to stand beside Kevin, looking at the puppy on the beggar's lap.

"Your puppy?" Kevin asked curiously as he bent down to pat the brown fur ball. Responding to Kevin's touch, the puppy happily Kevin's finger.

"Sort of, found it wandering around with bruises all over its legs a month ago."

Kibum continued looking at the puppy now rolling around in Kevin's embrace. "You barely have enough to feed yourself, why keep another dog beside you?"

"It's still a life, isn't it?" The beggar smiled.

Letting go off the puppy, Kevin smiled back and proceeded to walk off with Kibum to have their dinner. "He's a nice man."


Dinner was at a small economic restaurant. The place was rather dark and misty but they had to be at somewhere less conspicuous.

While they were eating, a loud slam of the door was heard.

"Everyone get out." A voice commanded and the scattered customers in the shop scurried out immediately.

Kevin and Kibum stared at the man with his henchmen, Kibum recognizing the middle aged man a few seconds later.

"Kim Kibum, fancy meeting you here." Every word was drenched with sarcasm. Kevin looked at Kibum curiously, probably wondering why the man knew his name.

Kibum scoffed, "Cut the crap, what do you want, Mr Park?"

A henchmen opened up a box and and the man took out a jade sculpture that looked a familiar. Way too familiar. A shattering sound was heard when the man smashed the jade sculpture on the floor.

"You dare deceive me, little bastard?" The man said, "You dare lie to me and brought me a fake sculpture!?"

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Note: Previously, it was the cops that were chasing Kibum, not this guy.

Thank you for the slowly increasing subscribers!! Will I get 40 subscribers by the end of this fic?

And I just need to say that even I'm confused by my own storyline LMAOOOOOOOOOO. I hope I don't have loopholes in this fic.