Complicated relationships

Catch That Thief

"Idiot." Kibum murmured smugly as he walked away from Kevin. He entered a small, secluded cafe nearby.

"You're late." Eli said as Kibum sat down.

"Met with a little trouble just now." Kibum explained.

"Chased by police?" Eli asked, stirring his glass of iced tea.

"No, pestered by a little boy." Kibum replied.

Eli laughed, "I see you are popular with both the ladies and gentlemen. Anyways, why did you call me here for?"

"A new project, million dollars worth. You in?" Kibum asked, earning a smile from Eli.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Aimlessly walking around, Kevin tried searching for Kibum. "Urgh, I swear that guy teleports. How can he run off so quickly?! I'm a Private Investigator, I-" Kevin suddenly remembered something he had long forgotten at the cafe.

Dongho. .
 
With eyes widened in realization, Kevin quickly made his way back to the restaurant. After a 15 minutes walk back, he peered into the windows of the restaurant to find the seats vacant. Kevin sighed in disbelief. Dongho would be safe. He isn't so sure about himself when Dongho gets back though.


Kevin saw the daggers in Dongho's eyes when he got back home that evening. Kevin tried to spare his own life by pushing a bag of sweets in front of Dongho, which he gladly took, but that wasn't sufficient for Kevin to be spared.

"Hyung! How can you leave me all alone back there?! Do you have any idea how annoying that Soohyun guy was? He made me give my phone number to him, strapped me to his car, made me go out on a date with him and insisted that he sent me home! Now he knows where I live, he is never going to leave me alone!"

The only response Kevin gave was, "So did he tell you anything?"

Dongho flicked him in the forehead.

Right on cue, Dongho's phone on the table started buzzing while both pairs of eyes looked at it.

Dongho leaned back in his seat as he grabbed his phone, ready to press the reject button when Kevin snatched it from him. "No! You have to answer it!"

Dongho tried to snatch it back while shouting, "No hyung! I am not doing-" He got interjected halfway when Kevin pressed "answer" and pressed the phone against Dongho's ear.

Giving Kevin the dirtiest look ever, he reluctantly answered, "What."

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Kevin didn't understand why he needed to tail Kiseop. Alexander had instructed Kevin to keep a close eye on Kiseop apparently because he is involved in "certain illegal activities", as suspected by their client. From the couple of days Kevin had been following him around, he didn't seem like that type. He led a pretty ordinary life despite his unordinary looks. Kevin admits that he is really good looking and that made the whole job seem much more enjoyable.

Keeping a safe distance away from Kiseop, Kevin tried to look as casual as possible, looking away at times instead of staring at Kiseop's backview all the time. While he was looking away, he accidentally lost his footing and fell backwards, falling into the arms of the stranger behind him.

"Whoa, be careful there." The stranger said as he helped Kevin regain his balance.

Kevin quickly thanked the stranger as he turned around to see who it was. "Eli?"

"Kevin! Hey, I haven't seen you for so long." Eli smiled brightly.

"Yeah, ever since I left America 3 years back." Kevin recalled, "Then, why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be in America?"

"I came back a year ago. I'm studying in University now. That one over there." Eli pointed to the University a short distance away. "You're walking the same way, are you a student there too?"

Kevin blinked, "Y-yeah... "

Eyes widening in excitement, he asked, "Oh really? What are you majoring in? I'm in Science and Technology."

"Uhm..." Kevin casted his gaze to the floor. "Marketing and Finance!" He suddenly exclaimed and nodded to himself.

Kevin and Eli then decided to walk to their school together while catching up with each other's lives. Eli mentioned that was dating someone from the same faculty and that his boyfriend was waiting for him.

As they neared the school, a voice called out Eli's name. Kevin glanced at the direction of the voice and his heart stopped for a second.

"Kiseop!" Eli went forward and hugged the other man. After talking for a brief moment, Eli then introduced Kiseop to Kevin. Kiseop greeted Kevin happily while Kevin only replied with an awkward "Hi" and wave of hand.

How was he going to follow Kiseop around when Kiseop recognizes Kevin now? Kevin gave himself a pat on the back for a job well done, perfectly well done.


Having little choice, Kevin had to report to Alexander about the fact that Kiseop had already recognised him, making his mission a tad difficult. As expected, Alexander gave him a heavy scolding, and nagged at him for another 10 minutes more on irrelevant things such as "His days when he was a private investigator".

"You are the worst PI I have here!" Alexander said then mumbled, "But tonight, Kiseop would be at pub and I'll need to you to keep a watch out for him..."

Alexander snapped his fingers as an idea struck him. "Wait here." Kevin spun himself on the swivel chair while waiting for Alexander's return.

5 minutes later, he returned with a set of clothing in his hands. Was that a bra Kevin sees?!

"Disguise yourself at the pub tonight." Alexander instructed as he threw Kevin the clothes.

Kevin stared at the attire and yelled, "What?! You want me to dress up as a girl?!"

Alexander nodded with a grin plastered on his face. "Aw, you'll make a cute girl! Are you going listen to your boss?"

Sighing, Kevin nodded and exited the office.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Sorry for bringing in Eli in such an abrupt manner, just needed to introduce everyone in keke.

Congrats to U-Kiss for ranking 5th in Music Bank!