chapter 31

Is this love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

please excuse any sort of grammatical error; I'm half asleep

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"This is really good," Sunghyun remarked as she her cookies & cream ice cream.

"The best in Hongdae; I haven't been here in a while," Myungsoo said wistfully as he took a bite of his vanilla ice cream.

"Do you come here with Infinite alot?" Sunghyun asked.

"Eh, not so much anymore." Myungsoo replied, staring at his snack.

"Ey, what's wrong?" Sunghyun looked at Myungsoo's face. "If you don't want your ice cream... can I have it?!"

Myungsoo whipped his head up, "Yah! I'm going to eat my ice cream!"

"Well, you better hurry before it melts!" Sunghyun teased. "Or else I'll eat it all!"

"You better not," Myungsoo grumbled as he took a his ice cream.

"So," Sunghyun started. "We need to plan out that zoo date, don't you think?"

"Yes! And we can see lions and tigers and flamingos and walruses and polar bears and-"

"Whoa whoa kid, don't get ahead of yourself." Sunghyun stopped him before he could start naming every single bacteria cell on this planet.

"Okay~" Myungsoo sang. "So when do you want it?"

"It'll have to be after our end-of-the-year school field trip," Sunghyun proposed, remembering that she would have to go to Jeju Island with her class.

"Yup and then we can go see-"

"I think we've sat here long enough; wouldn't want the other customers to wait." Sunghyun quickly interrupted him.

"Good idea partner!" Myungsoo bit into his waffle cone and stood up.

"Wait for me!" Sunghyun said as she ran out after him.

The door swung open, leading the pair to the outside world. It was still bright for it was only 2 o'clock.

"What do you want to do now?" Myungsoo asked.

"Hmm..." Sunghyun scrolled through her phone. "I looked it up before we came out, and there should be a bookstore around here somewhere. It looks old and vintage."

"Gimme that," Myungsoo took Sunghyun's phone from her grasp and looked at the address. "Hey, well what do you know. It's two blocks from here."

"Really?" Sunghyun's eyes brightened as a smile appeared on her face.

"Yeah, and I still have like 2-3 hours more left for the parking so we should be safe." 

"YAY! Bookstore, here we come! C'mon, let's go already!" Sunghyun tugged on Myungsoo's sleeve.

"You like books that much?" Myungsoo asked as he was dragged along by her.

"Of course! I may not look like it, but I'm a total er for books. I could read all day long," Sunghyun said dreamily as they walked through the streets of Hongdae.

Myungsoo shook his head, "I don't see how you can enjoy that."

"Once you get into a really good-" Sunghyun stopped in mid-sentence as she tripped over an uneven sidewalk.

"Sunghyun!" Myungsoo grabbed her arm with his right hand and as she twisted around, he held her torso with his left. Sunghyun stared into his eyes with shock and Myungsoo stared back with the same feeling and relief. It was like those moments where the main character in a book saves the girl from getting a minor scratch on her knee, except Sunghyun had never experienced such a moment. Myungsoo automatically brought her on her feet, but instead of scolding her, he immediately crushed her against him, placing a hand on the back of her head. Sunghyun was even more surprised when her body responded by putting her arms around him.

"Nice reflexe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter