the beginning

Is this love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why do we have to move back to Korea again?" Sunghyun whined on the way to the airport.

"I told you several times already, this gizebae." Mrs. Kim sighed. "It's because your father and I got new jobs at Inheritance Co."

"But I can stay in America, can't I? I'm old enough to take care of myself, mother," the daughter complained.

"Not a chance young lady! Now stay put!" boomed her father.

Sunghyun faced the window, watching the rain droplets slide down, racing each other.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Why does the plane ride have to be so long?" whined Sunghyun again.

"Aigoo daughter, you're just full of complaints today aren't you?" smiled her parents.

"It's because I don't want to go to a different school and make new friends. I had nice friends back there too!"

Her parents laughed softly. Mrs. Kim said, "Go to sleep now, the plane ride will be over in 5 hours."

Nodding, Sunghyun closed her eyes and fell into a dream.

 - - - - - - - - - -

"Ladies and gentleman, the current time is 11:30 a.m. The weather is currently sunny and is 70 degrees. Have a wonderful day and welcome to Seoul, Korea."

Sunghyun slowly opened her eyes. So it wasn't a dream. We're really in Korea. She abruptly sat up. Wait, that means I have to go to a new school! Dang it. She slumped into her chair. Why.

"Sunghyun-ah. Ireona," her mother whispered.

"Ne," Su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter