chapter 30

Is this love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

double update ; go back one chapter

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunghyun peered into the mirror as she brushed through her wavy hair. She wore a grey sweater with a collar and blue shorts with leggings underneath. To top it off, she decided to put on her favorite pair of black ankle high converse. A small black bag was at her side to keep her phone and headphones along with her wallet.

As she combed her hair, she noticed her phone vibrated, indicating a new text.

Sunghyun-ah! I won't be able to go today ㅠㅠ my mom wanted me to go to this lunch thing with her friends. eotteokae?? I'm so sorry; I wanted this to be a good date for usㅠㅠ - Code name Alien

Sunghyun frowned but then got an idea. She quickly texted him back.

It's okay taetae! We can go somewhere else another time! Be sure to be on your best behavior & charm the ladies~

"Myungsoo-yah!" She yelled from her room.

"Wae?!" His voice yelled back.

"Let's go!"

"Go where?" Myungsoo's voice was showing clear confusion.

"On a date!" Sunghyun was surprised as soon as she said that. I never considered Taehyung and my get-together a date... why'd I call this a date?

"Aren't you going with your lover boy?!"

"My lover boy is meeting old ladies!" 

Hmm... my lover boy, huh? I'm saying some weird stuff today.

"Look, are you going to go or not, because I'm going to go alone if you aren't going to tag along?!"

"Sure," Myungsoo's voice came from right behind her.

Sunghyun rapidly turned around. "You scared me!"

Myungsoo plopped on her bed, "Not my fault you can't hear me."

"Get dressed!"

"I am dressed."

"You're wearing all black," Sunghyun said as a matter-of-fact.

"Fine. I'll put on something 'acceptable.'" Myungsoo said, making the quotation signs with his fingers.

After playing a few rounds of Navigating Streets, Sunghyun heard a knock at her door. (a/n: changed the name of the game to avoid any sort of issue)

"Is this acceptable?"

Myungsoo wore a blue flannel with a black shirt underneath. He wore jeans and had his hair styled in a way that made Sunghyun's heart flutter, but what really stood out to her were the pair of black ankle high converse at his side.

"Hey! Those are the shoes I was going to wear," Sunghyun whined.

"I guess we're going to be wearing the same shoes," Myungsoo replied. "Couple loooook."

Sunghyun mumbled to herself, "Hmph, can't believe I actually invited you to this you ungrateful-"

"What was that?"

"Oh nothing~" Sunghyun was about to step out of her room when Myungsoo caught her arm.

"Yah, where's your ring?"

"What ring?"

"'What ring?' Our engagment ring!" Myungsoo exclaimed.

"I don't see you wearing it!" Sunghyun argued.

"Because I'm a dude and you're a girl! Don't you girls like wearing jewelry?!" 

"Not this one!"

"Well, put it on!"

"No!"

"You have to!"

"Why??"

"Because all the boys will stare at you!" Myungsoo shouted.

Sunghyun stared at him, "What?"

"I mean, look at you! A beautiful woman going out into public full of young boys just waiting to get their hands on one! It's like a lamb going out to a field full of hungry wolves! I can't-" Myungsoo stopped himself, realizing what he was saying.

It was quiet as the two just looked at each other.

"Sunghyun-ah-"

"I didn't know you felt that way," Sunghyun said quietly.

"I-"

"Even if they were to stare at me, I won't go to them." Sunghyun placed her hand on his chest. "Because I'm with you. Have some faith in me. If it really makes you happy, I'll wear the ring."

Sunghyun walked over to her dresser and took out the ring, a silver coated gold ring with an infinity symbol lined with diamonds. 

 

She brought the ring to Myungsoo and placed it in his hand. "Put it on for me."

Sunghyun held her hand out as he slipped the piece of jewelry on her ring finger.

"Shall we g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter