chapter 15

Is this love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sunghyun-ah, we changed your wedding date from two months later to three weeks later." Her mom said casually.

"WHAT?! I thought you wanted it during the summer!" Sunghyun shrieked. "WHY SO EARLY?!"

"It's because we want it as soon as school is over." Her mother simply said.

Sunghyun stared at her mother in horror.

Her mother looked up from her cooking, "What? Oh, and you're moving into Myungsoo's house. They have many rooms to spare and I heard you're not very friendly with him these days." She pointed her wooden spoon at her accusingly, but playfully. Her mother clearly seemed unaware of her daughter's current state of mind.

Sunghyun whirled around and ran to her room.

"You have to pack your stuff today dear! After you eat, you're moving outta here!" Sunghyun's mom called.

Sunghyun jumped on her bed and stuffed her face into a pillow. And I thought I had freedom for a while.

"Sunghyun! Come down and eat before you pack!"

"Coming!" she yelled. 

 She opened KakaoTalk and set a group chat for Kai, Taehyung, and all of BTS.

Guys I'm getting married in three weeks. Thought I should just let you know, she typed and clicked send.

- - - - - - - - - -

Everyone looked at their phones in a synchronized motion as soon as they felt it vibrate. Taehyung stared at his phone as if he was going to destroy it with his willpower. Bangtan looked at him uneasily.

"Hyung.." Jungkook started. 

His lip trembled slightly. That soon? Why?

V put on a smile and shook his head, "Never mind that. Let's go watch the game; L invited all of us!" He walked out of the room and Bangtan looked at him sadly.

"He's hiding his emotions again isn't he?" Suga asked worriedly.

Rap Monster shook his head, "He needs to move on and stop hanging onto Sunghyun."

"There are many other fish in the sea," J-hope added.

"Let's just go; he's probably wondering why we aren't coming," Jimin said.

- - - - - - - - - -

Sunghyun stuffed her suitcase in her new room's closet. Done. 

Now it's time to escape, Sunghyun thought. She found her bag and her car keys. Sunghyun refused to take the car that would take her to Myungsoo's house; she wanted to drive her own car.

She walked quietly down the stairs and noticed Infinite was in the living room getting ready to watch the game. She gave the 'be quiet' signal to the maids as she slipped her shoes on. She put her hand on the door handle when the door flung open. Sunghyun stumbled backwards. Bangtan?! She caught Taehyung's eye but he looked away. She looked at him apologetically.

"Eoh noona!" Jungkook said happily. 

"Y-yeah, uh, I'm gonna go..." Sunghyun tried to swerve around the group of boys.

"Hey guys!" Myungsoo came out to greet the guys. His eyes narrowed when he saw Sunghyun's desperate attempts to walk out the door. "Sunghyun where are you going?" 

"Um, I'm going to go to-" Sunghyun thought it would be best if she didn't lie. She thought wrong.

"Are you going to go to a boy's house? Why in the world would you do that? Are you in love? Are you cheating on me?" Myungsoo rambled.

Infinite came out to watch.

"First of all, you know that I did not cheat on you and second of all, I am going because I do not want to hang out with you people."

"No, I am not letting my fiance go to anywhere without me. Especially not a boy's house. And besides, I want to watch the game with you." Myungsoo slung his arm around her.

She shook him off. "You can't make me."

"Oh yeah? Well do you want me to tell everyone the time when you gave a love note to-" Myungsoo started.

"SHUT UP! I'LL STAY WITH YOU!" Sunghyun shrieked.

"Good," Myungsoo smirked. "Come in guys, you look uncomfortable."

Sunghyun caught Taehyung's arm as he passed and dragged him in one of the spare rooms. "Are you mad at me?"

"No." he said curtly.

"I know you are. Please don't. It wasn't my decision!" Even though she wanted Taehyung to move on, deep down in Sunghyun's heart, she knew that she still couldn't let him go.

"You told me not to care, so I'm not." His answers were short and brief. "I also suggest you let go of my arm." 

Sunghyun quickly dropped her hands to her sides and murmured, "I'm sorry."

It was quiet for many moments before Taehyung sighed and wrapped his arms around her. Her response was automatic as she hugged him back. They stayed like that for a few minutes.

"You know that I could never be mad at you." he whispered.

"But I know what it feels like to have your heart broken into millions of pieces." She buried her face in his chest. "I'm really sorry."

"Stop apologizing about things that you never had a say in."

"Okay. So you don't hate me right?"

"Of course not. We're best buddies after all." Inside, Taehyung winced at the term 'best buddies.' He wanted to be more than that.

Sunghyun looked up and grinned.

Taehyung let her go and said, "Your obsessive fiance is probably worrying about you." 

"He's always overreacting." she mumbled.

Taehyung laughed and playfully pushed her towards the door. "C'mon the game is going to start soon."

- - - - - - - - - -

"Where is Taehyung and Sunghyun?" Myungsoo asked aloud as he looked around.

Everyone either shrugged or looked around.

"They're probably talking about stuff." Sungyeol said.

"About what?"

"Okay, you guys all know that V has loved Sunghyun for the longest time right?" Jin asked everyone.

With a confused face, Woohyun said, "After Seohyun?"

"Before and after." Jungkook said. "That's why he dumped her and she ran to you, Myungsoo hyung. He thought if he dated Seohyun, he could get over Sunghyun. He was devastated when she left Korea." Noona is his first love, Jungkook added inwardly.

"She fed you all these lies about V and that resulted in you thinking that he was a bastard." Jimin added.

"So the only reason why Taehyung broke up with Seohyun is because..." Sungkyu trailed.

"Is because he loved Sunghyun." Rap Monster finished.

"And the reason why Seohyun lied about V is because..." Myungsoo started.

"She was jealous of Sunghyun. She still is." Suga ended.

Myungsoo's head was full of thoughts of the new information he just got. Taehyung wasn't a bad guy. I just thought like that..?

He was about to ask another question when he heard a laugh. Sunghyun and Taehyung walked out with a smile to the living room.

"May I ask where you were?" J-hope questioned.

"Resolving things." Sunghyun said, neve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter