Admitting the pain

If You're Not the One (REMAKE)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Did you know how much it hurts to see you kissing him? I know it's not intentional but.. I can't, I can't just stood here and watch you kissing him from a distance. I need to get out of there, I'm sorry.

 

                I still couldn't believe that this is happening. Oh my gosh! this is the day that I am waiting for. The play? No.. It's not about the play. Guess what? Hmm.. Me and Chaerin were friends once again. I closed my eyes as I remember the hug that we shared together. The feeling is so amazing, I can't explain it.. it's really different that I didn't realize how much time we stayed in that position.

 

"Looks like someone is daydreaming." I hear Minzy murmured from my right side,

Yes, she caught me and I don't know how to hide it. "So what? Is it a sin to daydream?" I said to her sarcastically, not meaning it though.

She frowns as Amber went to sits beside her. "Ambs.."

Amber took a glance to her as she was about to drink her tea. "What?"

"Look at her.." Minzy nodded her head towards me.

Amber examines my face carefully. "Hmm.. what now?" she frowns and asked confusedly.

Minzy rolled her eyes annoyingly. "Can't you see? Look at her again." Amber obeys her.

Amber looks at me again, she even leans forward but then shook her head saying. "Alright. I don't get it."

I just smiled at Minzy, "It's not a big deal Min.. trust me."

"Big deal? what are you two talking about?" asks Amber as her phone rings.

"Nothing." Minzy answered quite annoyed.

"Ahh.. I see. Alright.. I'll got there now. Bye." Amber said as she stood up preparing to leave.

"Who's that?" I asked curiously,

"It's Chaerin." Dug! What was that?

 

                Who's heart is that? It's not..

 

"Chaerin?" says Minzy as she looked up to Amber.

                DUG! What the? Why my heart needs to beat that way by the mention of Chaerin's name? Aiisshh!

 

"Yeah. We we're going to talk about something." answers Amber.

"Something?" I asked but she just nods her head as a respond.

"Hey! make sure you go to the theatre hall later!" reminds Minzy when Amber was about to stepped outside the cafeteria.

"Yeah I will!" she shouted before she disappears on our sight.

 

 

Theatre Hall

 

"Okay! everyone!" I heard Bom's voice.

 

                We are preparing now for the play. I take a quick glance from the wall clock, it's only 10 minutes to go before the play starts. The place was already filled with audiences, it's almost full but I'm still not contented about it.. why? it's because.. the person that I'm expecting to see is still not here. Is she late? I don't know.. maybe. Yeah.. she is just late.


"She's gonna come Dara." I told myself.

"Hey.." a soft tap coming from my back interrupts my thoughts. It was Youngbae. "are you alright?"

I forced a smile, "Yeah."

He looks at my face carefully. "You don't look like your alright, are you.. nervous or something?" he frowns.

I shook my head and stepped back as he was about to attempt to touch my face. "I'm okay. Don't mind me." I said as I took a quick glance from the other side of the stage which where the people are sitting waiting for us to perform.

He smiled lightly. "Okay. If you say so." he said in his low voice.

"Excuse me." I told him as I quickly walks towards the other performers.

 

                I can still feel that Youngbae is eyeing me but I'm pretending that I don't notice it. Just by the way he looks at me, he is confused or mad.. I don't know. I don't know what is happening to me that I can't even look at him directly in the eyes. The whole thing is just so complicated to explain.

                One last look at myself from the mirror, I took a final huge deep breath then looks at Bom who is smiling lightly to me, nodding her head to the direction of the stage telling me that I needed to go there now.

 

"Dara.." she told me when I was to follow the others.

"What?" I faces her confused.

She smiled. "Goodluck. Do your best, someone is going to watch you." She told me before she turns around not letting me to reply.

 

                I just smiled at her. I was so excited to come out but when I was about to speak, I secretly took a quick glance from the audience only to see Amber and Minzy sitting with each other smiling when they caught me looking to them. I smiled to them but it didn't last long as I spotted the empty seat next to Amber. She is still not here yet. I felt dissapointed suddenly and the excitement that I'm feeling a while ago is gone in just a snap. Why I need to feel this? It's not that I'm already lov- what? loving.. who?

 

"Dara.." whispers Youngbae to me, I blink my eyes.

 

                He widened his eyes telling me to speak now. The play was about to end and it was only me and Youngbae left in the stage. I am going to tell my feelings to him right now, I mean the character that I'm portraying.

 

"I.. I love you.." I told him in difficulty,

He smiled to me, his eyes were shining. "I love you too.. Dara" he told me and I was surprised when he actually says my name.. my real name not the name that I am portraying at the play. But the fact is.. he says it in a whisper.

"Bae?" I frowned when I realized that he is leaning in to.. kiss me.

 

                This isn't written at the script. What is he doing? I caught her moves his eyes from the audience like he is looking for someone. I was about to turn my head to the same direction but he quickly palmed my face and leaned in for a kiss. I was frozen from my spot then I just heard the audience cheering and clapping their hands as the curtain falls down, a signal that the play already ends.

Claps and cheers filled the backstage soon after Youngbae leans back and looks at me. He smiled at me as I just stood up and left him right away, not minding the look that the other performers and productions is giving me.

 

"Dara!" I heard Youngbae calls me from behind but I pretend not to hear him.

 

                Leaving the theatre hall, I saw Amber and Minzy approach me with their worried gazes. I look away waving my hand, a signal that I don't want to talk to anyone, they just let me walk straight going outside the theatre hall. People are spreading there as I look for the nearest comfort room. As soon as I reach it, I quickly went inside and watch my face from the mirror. I was still in shock and it's written all over my face, I don't know but I feel humiliated of what he'd done. I didn't expect it.. never.  I felt disrespect.

                Few minutes later, I heard someone is knocking  at the door, it was Minzy and Amber's voice. Not wanting them to worried more about me, I cleared my face with a tissue. I was about to walk when I notice a bouquet of flowers from the trash bin inside the comfort roo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter