Confused hearts

If You're Not the One (REMAKE)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“President?”

“Come in.” I smiled to Miss Yoo, “You need anything?”

“Someone sends a proposal.” She said politely.

               

                That was quite surprising.

 

“Let me..” Hm.. interesting. “Faith Lee?”

“I guess she’s using her international name. I heard that she’s been migrating in different countries.” She explained.

“Ah.” Weird. What I suddenly felt that I’ve known this person before?

“And President.”

“Yes?”

“She setted up a meeting. Are you free next Saturday?”

“Yeah. Sure.”

“Alright. I’ll go ahead.”

“Thanks.” Then she left.

 

                It’s been two weeks since I sold that house. After that, I never go back in Incheon anymore. I know I already told myself that I’m moving on but.. it’s still hard. Actually, it never been easy. How can I forget someone like her? Then again.. here I am, trying to forget her, trying to move on by drowning myself into loud music, friends who were always there to help me and lastly, alcohol.

 

“It’s that Bom?” Minzy suddenly said. She even stops from walking towards our direction.

“Ha? Where?” Amber asked curiously.

“There..” She was pointing on the left corner of the bar using the bottle of beer that she is holding. “..and I think she’s alone.” She added and now proceeding in our direction.

“Alone? That’s sad. Let’s invite her?” Amber asked and looks at me.

“Amm.” I’ll get it. They are waiting for my permission. “Sur-“ and before I could say anything Amber already speds up onto Bom’s direction.

 

                When was the last time I saw Bom? Hmm. I forgot, four years ago? Yeah. After that I never heard a news about her anymore.

 

“Here she is.” Amber playfully announced. And when I peeked behind her, I saw a red-haired woman. Indeed a very beautiful woman.

“Bom.” I simply said then shows her a plain but sincere smile.

Her eyes widened and If I’m not mistaken she looks surprised. But why? “Dara.. you are here.” I don’t know if it’s a question or a statement. Weird.

“Oh yeah. My friends and I used to go here. And you? Gosh! When was the last time we saw each other?” I exclaimed and offers her to seat beside me, but she refused by shooking her head twice.

“Sorry but I can’t stay longer here. I’m waiting for someone.”

“Ah. So you’re not alone?” Minzy said as she goes back with in our spot.

“Uum. Amm, sorry but.. I think I should go now.” Bom said hurriedly.

“Okay. It’s nice seeing you again Bom.” I said politely which she returned a plain smile.

“Same here Dara. I’m really sorry.. It’s just that.. someone is waiting for me outside.”

“That’s alright. There’s always a next time.” I told her giving her a quick hug before we finally let her go.

“It is just me or Bom is acting weird?” Amber butted in, her eyes were still looking on Bom.

 

                Is she? Hm. Well.. she looks nervous and when I hug her, her body is trembling. I don’t know if it’s just about the speakers but.. yeah, she was acting weird.

 

5 days later

 

                I decided to went back in Incheon this morning. Mr. Kim, the one who bought the house says that he wanted to meet me.. I wonder. Actually, he’s not really the owner of the house, I got to know about it two days later after he bought the house. So, now I’m here.. standing in front of the house, letting the fresh air hits my nostrils. I’m missed this place even if it’s only a week ago since the last time I went here. Maybe because there’s a change already, a huge change. I looked through the terrace and there I heard a voice, a voice of a woman. Maybe that’s the person that Mr. Kim is telling me. Taking a deep breath, I decided to used the doorbell instead of using my voice to call Mr. Kim. After two press, Mr. Kim’s voice could hear from the background.

 

“Hey..” A tall guy in his mid-40’s approach me. “.. please come in Miss Park, Miss Lee is already waiting for you inside.” He said and let me in.

I simply smiled and said. “Thanks.”

 

                As we are making our way moving towards the dining area, a woman with long blonde hair wearing a business suit came to the view. My steps automatically stops and as I watched Mr. Kim approach the woman, I found myself frozen from my spot. I could only see her back but her voice is already enough for me to noticed her. My hands began to tremble and my heart can’t stop from beating in a fast pace. And when she turned her head to face me, a single tear escape from my left eye.

 

“Ch-Chaerin?” I managed to say,

“Miss Park right?” She said as she stood up and prepares herself to approach me. I was just staring at her face. “I’m the one who bought the house.” She added and offers her hand for a handshake.

“Miss Park?” Mr. Kim said behind her.

 

                I did tried to say something but few minutes had passed but I’m still not saying anything. I don’t know what to say, or should I even say something? With those thoughts running through my mind, I realized that the woman in front of me is looking at me with her confused gaze. No.. she’s looking at me like, she never known me before, that she never met me. What is happening? Why is she gazing at me like that?

 

“When did you come back?” I asked before I processed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter