Mr. Park knows it better

If You're Not the One (REMAKE)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you doing?”

“Packing..” Jiyong simply answers as Chaerin furrowed her brows in confusion. “You’re going to be good.. I know that.” He sighs and continues to pack his things.

“Wait. Is this something to do with the-“

“No.” Chaerin stops from talking and from moving as she hears how Jiyong’s voice turns out. In some way it was quite cold. “I told you, I’m alright and you don’t need to worry.” He zipped his bag in a hurry and look at Chaerin.

“Then, why you need to do this? Leaving me.. alone.”

 

Chaerin’s voice almost cracked. Jiyong leaving her after of what he told her two days ago is giving her the fact that she did something wrong or a reason to blame herself. She feels like losing her friendship with Jiyong like the one that is now happening between her and Bom.

 

“No. Don’t take this in a wrong way.” Jiyong felt it in an instant. Chaerin’s loneliness is evident through her face. He sighs again, an apologetic sigh before he got up from his seat, approaching Chaerin. “There is just an emergency, I needed to go back in Japan immediately. Sorry if I didn’t tell you about this right away.”

Chaerin looks away, she’s not convinced. “Okay. You can go now.” She said and went back to her room right away.

“Chae-“

“I’m okay Ji.” Chaerin said in finality, leaving Jiyong guilty of what he just did.

 

The Next Morning

 

“Morning Mom. Amm. Dad!” Dara greeted her parents who were quietly eating their breakfast.

“Oh! You’re awake.” Mrs. Park said in a teasing tone. It’s very unusual for Dara to wake up in this particular day.

“Why? I’m used to wake up early in the morning.”Dara tries to defend herself.

“Yeah. But today is Sunday.. remember? Sandara just rolled her eyes which Mrs. Park laughed as a response.

“Honey. . stop it.” Mr. Park interrupts them which the two immediately took as a signal to stop their teasing remarks. “Dara sit down and eat your breakfast.”

“Amm. Dad, I can’t.”

Mr. Park’s gaze turned into serious one which surprises Dara. “Why? You’re going somewhere?”

Dara felt herself shivers just by the way her father looks at her.  “Amm. I’m just going out with..” Dara’s gaze turns to her mother, probably asking for a help. Mrs. Park smiles saying ‘it’s okay’.

“With who?” Mr. Park’s voice lingers all over the dining area.

“With Chaerin.” Sandara said and sighs.

 

                Mr. Park only replies a single nod for Dara. Dara then returned the same smile that her mother gave to her a while ago before she finally meets Chaerin outside their house. Chaerin smiles as she saw Dara then they’re both went in inside the Chaerin’s car. While Chaerin is starting the engine Dara saw a glimpse of sadness from her eyes, she even caught the remaining tears from her cheeks.

 

“Chae.”

“Hmm?”

“Are you okay? Is something happened?”

Chaerin quickly shook her head and just continue to drive. “I’m alright. Nothing happened.”

Dara took a quick glance behind her. “Where is Jiyong?” she asked with a hint suspicion.

“He was out of the country. He went back to Japan 13 hours ago.” Chaerin answered seriously.

 

                Dara hesitated upon hearing Chaerin’s voice, it’s just that.. it’s very unusual for Chaerin to be like this. What was the problem? She began asking herself and followed it with “Is this something to do about me? Is Jiyong.. No. It couldn’t be”. Until she couldn’t prevent herself anymore, so just after they’re both went out from the car. Dara immediately walks up to Chaerin, moving closer as she said.

 

“Why is Jiyong gonna do that? Why he went back to Japan this soon? Is there something that I didn’t know?” it made Chaerin stops from walking and turned to look at Dara who is looking back at her, waiting for any possible answers.

“No. Nothing happened between us.”

“Wait.” Dara prevented Chaerin not to move, she was holding one of Chaerin’s wrists. “Then why are you being like this all of a sudden?” Dara pissed off.  She just couldn’t believe that Chaerin is talking this way towards her.

Chaerin sighs, “I told you. It’s just nothing.. we just argue about something that’s it.” But Dara wasn’t convi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter