Chapter 27

A Piece of Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 27[/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]27th[/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]

Chanyeol yawned as he closed the dance studio’s door behind him, he and Baekhyun were the last ones to get out of the place. They have just finished their daily practice for their comeback song. The next SMTOWN Concert was in 3 days and their next destination was Hong Kong. They landed from Tokyo yesterday and they were extremely tired since they had to wake up in the morning to start practice again. Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun who was looking extremely pale.

“Dude, you look awfull.” Chanyeol started as he fixed his training bag on his shoulder. Baekhyun huffed a reply as they walk to the cafeteria and noticed that it was already dark outside from the windows around. Chanyeol felt his phone vibrate inside his bag, he giddily fished it out and read the text he got from Hyora. He smiled from ear to ear, so wide, Baekhyun’s  grumpiness noticed.

“Yah, what’s with you?” he turned to the taller and asked. They reached the cafeteria and saw all EXO members there. Chanyeol didn’t look up from his phone as he punched in replies with a grin before replying Baekhyun.

“Nothiinng~” Chanyeol sang. “Just got a lovely message from—“

“From who?” Kris came over from nowhere and put his elbow on Chanyeol’s right shoulder as Baekhyun was standing on Chanyeol’s left. Chanyeol nervously chuckled and grinned. “Aish, from the look on your stupid face, I can tell it’s Hyora.” Kris shook his head as they walked to the lounge where the rest of the members are.

 

Baekhyun walked quietly beside Chanyeol and Kris who were joking and laughing along with each other. He felt Chanyeol pulling on his sleeve before going away to get some food as they got to their tables. With Lay, Xiumin and Luhan already digging in their dinner, Baekhyun cringe away with no appetite to eat. The three looked at Baekhyun with questions, but cancelled asking any questions with just one stern look from Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was really really tired. Physically and mentally. Heck, they only had like 3 hours of sleep before practicing for the whole day. He mentally wished that he was like his seniors, who don’t have any comebacks during the SMTown Concert days.

“Hey, Baek.” Lay called with noodles in his mouth.

“Huh?” Baekhyun replied as he strecthed himself and yawned. Lay waited for Baekhyun to pay attention to him, as Xiumin and Luhan slowed down their eating.

“What happened on the night before we board the plane back to Seoul from Tokyo?” Lay pointed his chopsticks at Baekhyun who froze at his place. Xiumin and Luhan stopped eating as the leaned forward anticipating answers from Baekhyun. On the other hand, Baekhyun could feel his blood being drained from his face as he felt his heart beating faster, it hurt against his ribcage.

“I uh,” Baekhyun blinked lifelessly as he looked at the ceiling. “I was just not in my right mind, just forget it.” He replied as he avoided Luhan, Xiumin and Lay’s eyes. Baekhyun could tell that the EXO-M members weren’t satisfied with his answer, before they could ask for more, Baekhyun coughed and stood up.

“I’m gonna get some drinks.” Baekhyun left his training bag behind and went to the drink counter and poured himself some coffee. He bit his lips remembering the past event and almost spill his coffee to his hands if Suho did not yell at him.

“Are you sick?” Suho asked him as Baekhyun put down the cup. Baekhyun shook his head slowly and turned to face Suho and gave the leader his best reasurring smile.

“I’m just tired today, hyung.” Baekhyun said but it didn’t quite convince Suho.

“Are you sure, Baek?” Suho folded his arm, as he raised and eyebrow at Baekhyun.

“Yeah, I’m sure.” Baekhyun nodded as he tightened his grip around the cup. “I’m staying on the music room for a while, then I’ll come back to the dorm.” He said without realizing how much he needed a time for himself. He watched the worried look on Suho’s face turn into a softer one, then Suho sighed, knowing that Baekhyun won’t change his mind afterall.

“Sure.” Suho replied. Baekhyun smiled at his leader and went to his table nodding to Luhan, Xiumin, Lay and Chanyeol who were eating before picking up his training bag and went to the door.

“Yah bacon!” Chanyeol called. Baekhyun flinched hearing the name, but he turned around in the end.

“What?” he lazily asked.

“Where are you going? You haven’t had dinner yet!” Chanyeol pointed at the cup in Baekhyun’s hands. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and waved at the rest.

“I’m going to the music room.”

 

Yongji was pacing back and forth in the living room, it was half past eight and the younger ones were already asleep, leaving her and Chaerin. The light was dimmed and Yongji could see the glow from the laptop Chaerin had on her lap.

“Well, it is the social media after all.” Chaerin said as she scrolled down the page on the internet.

“Yeah, but come on Chaerin!” Yongji sighed as she slumped on the couch beside her friend. “Even if they don’t know us yet, it’s kinda scary to read comments like those.” She sighed.

“We can’t expect full support from people, Yongji.” Chaerin sighed as she moved the laptop from her lap. “Our CEO and their CEO are going to hold a press conference tomorrow, we’re going to be fine.” She said before pointing at a picture in her phone. “This is my favorite moment.”

“They always do that, the SM family.” Yongji smiled at the photo of them singing together in the stage with all SMTown members in the ending of the concert. For her first concert, the SMTown Concert wasn’t so bad. “Wow, I never thought that we’ll end up like this, debuting with each other!”

“Yeah.” Chaerin smiled at the floor.

“Hey, what is it?” Yongji noticed Chaerin’s mood change.

“I’m just really confused.” She shook her head. Yongji frowned as she crossed her legs on the couch.

“Confused with?”

“You!” Chaerin said and looked at Yongji who was shocked and frowned even more.

“What?” Yongji replied as Chaerin sighed loudly.

“I thought you were going to help me!” Chaerin said sternly but quiet ennough to keep the others from waking up. “All I see is you failling miserably to keep your promise! All I see is Suho looking at you more than me! How does that supposed to be helping me?”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter