Chapter 11

A Piece of Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyora was bored. She watched Yongji and Chaerin unnie singing behind the microphone and yawned. Younghyun was resting at the dorm and Soojin was out with Kai and Sehun, she was left without anything else to do. Hyora turned her phone off and looked at her right, she saw Kris and Chanyeol oppa sleeping at each other’s shoulders and she giggled at the sight, to her left Suho-ssi was looking at the floor without blinking.

She waved her hand in front of Suho and he snapped back into reality. Suho straighten up his seat and smiled at his dongsaeng.

“Hyora-ah, I was daydreaming.” Suho said and yawned.

“Heheh, I can see that.” Hyora said and looked at her two unnies who were behind the microphone.

“I’ve been wanting to ask you this, but since what happened yesterday, I’ve been forgetting to ask this.” Suho chuckled. “Did SM arrange your new dorm?”

“Uh, I don’t know. I guess they told Yongji only, but the building is quite near to here.” Hyora remembered the dorm.

“Oh, are you in the second floor then?” Suho smiled mischievously. Hyora started to back away, almost bumping into the sleeping Chanyeol.

“How did you know?” she asked.

“EXO’s dorm is on the third floor and I heard from Minho sunbaenim that SHINee had a neighbor on the second floor, but they haven’t met the new neighbor.” Suho tapped his chin and looked at Hyora who laughed at Suho.

“Hahahaha! So you know about our dorm? We’re in the same building?” Hyora asked her sunbae.

“Yeah, and SNSD asked me too if I knew about the new neighbor who just moved above them.” Suho added.

“Wah, daebak! We’re all in the same building!” Hyora claped her hands. “But, how come we didn’t run into each other when we enter the building?”

“Ah, we had to drop by to a bubble tea shop, Sehunie’s craving for some and we ended up buying groceries for D.O too.” Suho laughed and so did Hyora, but that seemed to wake Chanyeol from his sleep.

“omo! Mianhae, Chanyeol-ssi!” Hyora said but Suho just laughed.

“Go back to sleep, Chanyeol-ah. The vocal practice is still for another hour.” Suho adviced EXO’s main rapper.

“Euh, Kris hyung’s shoulder is as sharp as his knees.” Chanyeol rubbed his temple. “An hour?”

“Yeah.” Hyora sighed when Chanyeol yawned and stretched out his limbs.

“I’m gonna go and get some coffee. Do you want some?” Suho offered.

“I’ll have some hot chocolate.” Hyora answered and Chanyeol nodded at his hyung for some coffee. Suho closed the door behind him and all Hyora could hear was Yongji and Chaerin unnie’s singing.

“Woah, they’re good.” Chanyeol complimented. Hyora nodded feeling proud of her unnies. “So it looks like you’re the main rapper now, huh?”

“Yeah, gomawo for teaching me the other day.” Hyora smiled.

“Ah, no problem!” Chanyeol leaned back on his chair.

 

“Yah! I never thought we’d be stuck in a real traffic!” Sehun complained, and checked on Kai on the back seat who was still sleeping.

“Just bear with it Sehun-ssi.” Soojin sighed and closed her eyes.

“HEY! Don’t sleep!” Sehun shook Soojin with his right hand.

“Yah! Yah! I’m not sleeping!” Soojin shooed Sehun’s hand and rubbed her shoulder.

“Don’t you dare to sleep.” Sehun looked sideways to Soojin.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” Soojin rolled her eyes. They both stayed in silent again, Sehun was constantly complaining about being late to practice and tired of driving. If only Soojin could drive, Sehun wouldn’t be complaining anymore. The silence felt cold and forever, Soojin saw that they’re at the end of the traffic jam, just a few more minutes to go, then they’ll be out of the highway.

“Sehun-ssi.” Soojin called to Sehun who has his eyes fixed on the road and his left hand on the steering wheel.

“What?”

“When we met the other day on the cinema, who was that?” Soojin asked.

“Uh, a friend.” Sehun simply answered.

“Do you like her?”

“Why are you asking these things?” Sehun raised an eyebrow.

“Well, since I know about it and there’s nothing wrong talking about it.” Soojin raised her shoulders.

“It’s not wrong talking about it, but I’ll talk about it with the people I want to. I don’t need your advice or anything, I’ll manage well.” Sehun drove the car out of the traffic and stayed silent. Hearing Sehun’s harsh reply Soojin could only smile half heartedly.

“I always had a thought about being idols.” She started, but Sehun was only looking at the road. He drove to the familiar road of SM’s building. “About who they are in front of the camera and behind the camera.” Soojin hugged herself because it suddenly felt cold inside the car. “I knew a thing about you Sehun-ssi.”

She paused when Sehun was entering SM’s parking lot, Sehun parked the car and stopped its engine. He sighed and looked straight waiting for Soojin’s next sentence. “That you are definitely not the bright and funny person on the camera.” After saying that Soojin opened the car’s door and walked out.

Sehun was speechless, he remained seated on the driver’s seat when Soojin opened the back seat and woke Kai up. Not for long, her sweet voice made Kai blink his eyes, then he went out of the car after poking Sehun who didn’t even respond. Once he was alone in the car, he sighed and rested his head on the steering wheel.

“That you are not definitely the bright and funny person on the camera.” Soojin’s words kept ringing inside his head. It’s true that Sehun said a harsh reply to Soojin, and he did kind of feel sorry.

“What have I done?” Sehun squeezed his eyes shut and his knuckles turned white around the steering wheel, regretting the words he had said.

 

Chanyeol wasn’t really enjoying himself while waiting for his turn to pra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter