Chapter 13

A Piece of Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13

 

“Yah!” Baekhyun called. “Hey, man.” But, the person who he was calling didn’t move an inch. “Chanyeol-ah, talk to me.” He shook his friend’s shoulder. Baekhyun sighed in defeat as he watched his roommate silence. The party ended, and everybody bid goodbye and went into their own dorms. Nobodydared to speak of the scene they saw earlier, Baekhyun himself didn’t see it coming. It’s true that he pushed Chanyeol’s feelings, but he never thought Chanyeol would go that far.

Both of them are in their room, the atmosphere was also quiet outside the room. His roommate sat 

on his own bed and had his elbows resting on his knees. Hecovered his face with both of his hands 

as Baekhyun noticed how messy his black hair looked. Baekhyun knew it was unintended, but what else

can they do?

 

“I’ll just go outside, okay?” Baekhyun patted Chanyeol’s slumped shoulder. He exited his room and was greeted by Suho who was leaning on the wall infront of the door.

 

“How is he?” Suho started as he and Baekhyun walked into the living room, where the others are seated.

 

“Shocked.” Baekhyun said as he sat on the couch next to Tao. “He didn’t say a word.” Many of them sighed.

 

“That was just crazy.” Kai noted.

 

“I think it’s my fault.” Baekhyun shook his head.

 

“Yah! How can you say that?” Luhan protested and leaned forward on his seat. 

 

“I pushed him!” Baekhyun growled in frustration.

 

“Don’t blame yourself.” Chen who was always cracking jokes, this time he was serious. Sehun sighed but didn’t say any words. Baekhyun could see that Suho was making a phone call when Suho rose and left the living room with his phone on his ears. Baekhyun’s sighed.

 

“Let’s just rest. We have schedules tomorrow.” 

 

 

On the other hand, Soojin was knocking on the locked door for already 30 minutes. Younghyun was really surprised, because she wasn’t in the living room at all, while Chaerin was being weirdly silent and often zoning out on her thoughts. Yongji waited for Soojin while standing next to her. Soojin sighed, and shook her head in defeat. Soojin left to clean the place with Younghyun and Chaerin. 

 

Yongji sighed and felt really sorry for the poor kid, she must have felt shocked. She gazed on the door for a while and wishing that she’ll be okay. Yongji felt her phone vibrating on her pocket. She checked it and saw the caller ID, she found herself smiling.

 

“Ne Suho-ssi?”

 

“Yongji-ah, how’s Hyora?” Suho asked, Yongji looked back at the door.

 

“She won’t come out of her room.” Yongji sighed. “How is it going on at your place?”

 

“Nothing much.” Suho sighed. “Baek is blaming himself, Chanyeol wouldn’t talk.” Hearing Suho’s reply, Yongji frowned.

 

“Why would Baek blame himself?” 

 

“He pushed Chanyeol on his feelings, and he felt bad.” Suho replied.

 

“Ah, I’m sure it was just an accident.” Yongji said. “Both of them are shaken right now.”

 

“Yeah, I know.” Suho sighed once more. 

 

“What about your schedules tomorrow?” Yongji asked while she walked by the window and looked at the night sky.

 

“We will have Growl and Wolf’s practice in the morning, then we’ll meet you guys for the special stage in the afternoon.” Suho explained. Without Yongji noticing, Suho was also standing by his dorm’s window, just a level above her.

 

“Arra.” Yongji nodded and opened the window and she felt the cold breeze blowing. “Good luck then.” From Suho’s view, he saw a window opening on the right below him, he turned to see Yongji leaning on the frame. He smiled and watched her.

 

“Good luck to you too. Good night, Yongji.” Suho said, and he watched Yongji speaking into her phone.

 

“Good night, Suho-ssi.” Suho watched her as she hung up. He himself pocketed his phone and looked at the night sky when Yongji turned away and went inside her dorm.

 

 

The next morning, Hyora woke up form her long sleep. She sat up and squinted her eyes at the brightness. Oh yeah, I forgot to close the curtain yesterday. She rubbed her eyes and saw a note on the floor by the door. She went there and bent to take the note. Eat breakfast, okay? Please come out of your room, don’t lock yourself in like yesterday. It has been long enough. –Yongji.

 

Hyora’s eyes shot open immediately. Yesterday! She shook her head and buried herself under her pillows again. She felt really bad for herself, she realized that she worried her unnies too much. She got up from her bed and unlocked the door. She finally went out of her room. She found her unnies already awake and was in the living room watching the TV. Chaerin noticed the sound of the door opening, She looked back and saw Hyora walking at their direction.

 

“Hyoraa!” Chaerin stood up and attacked her maknae with a hug. The others jerked their heads up and went there to greet their maknae, they sat on the couch and turned off the TV.

 

“How are you?” Yongji started. Hyora smiled weakly.

 

“I don’t know.” She shook her head. I don’t know how to face him again.

 

“You must be surprised.” Younghyun patted her shoulder. Seeing Younghyun, Hyora was reminded that Younghyun didn’t get to sleep in the room they both shared because she locked it since yesterday.

 

“Younghyunah!” Hyora stood up and bowed. “Mianhae! I shouldn’t have locked the door yesterday! It was our room and you couldn’t sleep in it because of me.” Younghyun stood up and positioned Hyora to sit back again.

 

“Gwaenchanha!” she smiled.

 

“Mianhae for troubling all of you!” Hyora said to her unnies.

 

“Don’t mind it, Hyora-ah!” Soojin smiled.

 

“Yeah!” Chaerin nodded. “So are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine.” Hyora sighed.She trailed off and looked outside the window. I don’t know how I actually feel. Should I be happy?   Should I be angry?

 

“Just take your time.” Yongji said. 

 

“I’m just afraid if I hurt his feelings.” Hyora covered her face with her hands. “I can’t believe I left him standing there.” She sighed. It’s too soon to tell.

 

“He couldn’t blame you, of course you were shocked.” Soojin said. 

 

“We can’t blame anybody if you two become awkward with each other.” Yongji said. But, I don’t want that to happen! Hyora battled with her thoughts.

 

“What about you, Hyora? Do you like him too?” Chaerin asked.

 

“I d-don’t know.” Hyora took a deep breath and felt her heart pounding.

 

 

Baekhyun was confused. Why? This yoda was slowly coming back to his usual self. He woke up in the morning and said “I’m fine.” To everybody who asked about his condition. That was a quick recovery. But, Baekhyun was still curious about last night, he made a mental note to talk with him alone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter