Chapter 16

A Piece of Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 16[/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]16th[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Hyora turned back almost immediately. With her hands on her jacket and the wind blowing her hair all over, she finally found him. “YAH YOU!” She pointed at him and walked at his direction. Chanyeol was looking at her and being confused with the situation. Hyora stopped right infront of him and put her hands on her hips. “We’ve looked everywhere for you!”                                                                                              

 

“What are you doing here?” Chanyeol asked and ignored her statement.                       

 

“Do you know it’s past dinner time?” Hyora continued long. “Do you know how worried we were?”                                                                                                                                                          

 

“Hyora-ah listen—“

 

“Do you know how worried I was?” Chanyeol gulped when he heard her say that.

 

“Stop saying this, Hyora-ah.” Chanyeol said and put his hands on her shoulder to guide her down the stairs again. “Don’t worry about me, you don’t have to do this, I—“

 

“Just let me finish talking!” she screamed and yanked his hands off her shoulder. “I never had the chance to explain to you—“ Hyora said and blinked her eyes to remove the remaining evidence that she cried. “-why I ran that night.”

 

“You don’t have to do this.” Chanyeol sadly looked into her eyes. Hyora knew how much she would love to bring back the smile he used to wear on his face, and she would love it for her to be his reasons to smile. “You were just feeling sorry for me, don’t push it on me, I don’t—“

 

“Tell me.” Hyora cut his sentence, she looked up to meet his eyes. “Tell me, do I look like lying to you?” she stared into his eyes and so did he without any of them saying a word. “Do you think my body would think twice to run up here to look for you? So now I found myself, running all the way here to find you and to make sure you’re okay.” Hyora sighed and watched Chanyeol being silent infront of her. “Tell me, why is my heart calling for you, when you left me alone in the hallway?”  

 

“Geumanhae, Hyora-ah.” Chanyeol said.

 

“You still won’t believe me?” Hyora raised her tone. “I don’t believe myself in the beginning too. I lied to myself, I lied to my friends, and I had enough of lying.” She took a deep breath. “Here I am, telling you these kind of stuff. Here I am, trying to open my heart for you, to the very first person who made me feel like the world is kind, the world is fair.”

 

“Hyo, be honest.” Chanyeol said and took her hand in his.

 

“I am being honest.” Hyora looked into their hands and felt the warmth. “Do you know why I ran away that night?”

 

“No.”

 

“So do I.” Hyora smiled plainly. “I don’t even know why I should run, when I am supposed to stand there with you and tell you that I feel the same.” Hyora could feel Chanyeol squeezing her hand.

 

“I’m glad you do too.” Chanyeol smiled. For once Hyora felt that his smile was slowly coming back to it’s usual self.

 

“Mianhae.” Hyora said and without hesitation Chanyeol pulled her into his arms and hugged her.

 

“For what?”

 

“For leaving you there.” Hyora said as she put her arms around him. “I promise I won’t leave you again.” Hyora said, and she could hear Chanyeol chuckle and he pulled away.

 

“Apology accepted.” He said as he left a peck on her forehead. For Hyora, the night was no longer cold, for once she felt that sometimes it’s okay to open up to people.

 

 

 

The remaining days before their departure for SMTown Concert went away with many progress. All artists were already well prepared and focused to do their best. It was now their last day in Korea before going to Japan for the first concert. The company gave them all a day to rest and to pack up their things. In the girl’s dorm, they were almost done packing by noon, when the doorbell rang.

 

“Who’s that?” Chaerin asked as she zipped her suitcase.

 

“I’ll get the door, unnie.” Hyora said as she put the last piece of her clothes in to her suitcase. Hyora stood up and left to open the door, suddenly Younghyun’s head jerked up.

 

“Yah! Soojin-ah! Your brother’s coming over today right?”

 

“Yeah! You’re right! It is today!” Soojin beamed.

 

“HI ALL!” a voice boomed through the living room, then they could see Chen walking in with Tao, Kris, Chanyeol and Hyora behind him.

 

“Oh!” Younghyun said. “Hey guys!”

 

“Done packing?” Tao asked as he sat next to Kris on the couch.

 

“Yep, we’re almost done.” Soojin said as she fixed her shoes inside. “What brings you here?”

 

“Just checking up.” Chanyeol said as he sat next to Hyora on the couch.

 

“Yah, you were just trying to see her, right?” Kris joked and everybody laughed.

 

“Yah, you’re so cheesy.” Hyora said to Chanyeol.

 

“But you like it.” Chanyeol teased and poked her sides.

 

“EEWW!” everybody said in unison. After the jokes and laugh died down, the girls got back into their packing.

 

“Where are the others? Are you the only ones out of the dorms?” Yongji asked.

 

“Nah.” Chen shook his head. “Sehun’s still asleep. All I know is that D.O and Xuimin hyung is still packing. Suho hyung and Bacon is walking outside I guess.

 

“Whoa!” Younghyun rounded her eyes. “It’s around 12 pm, and Sehun-ssi is still asleep?!”

 

“Don’t mind that deep sleeper!” Soojin huffed and lined up her suitcase next to Hyora’s. “I bet he hasn’t done any packing yet.”

 

“Soojin-ah, don’t be so grumpy.” Hyora said as she sat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter