Chapter 20

A Piece of Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 20[/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]20th[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]It was Soojin's first time visiting the backstage, and it's in Japan. Her performance was already waiting in line, all of them are already prepared, the dress, the sound, the stage even the artists.

 

Artists? Not all of them are.

 

Soojin was pacing back and forth, unlike her groupmates who are less panicked than her. It was their dance stage, then after that Soojin still had her rap stage. For her seniors, these concerts are kind of the part of their lives, going out in a big stage, watched by millions of spectators. She couldn't handle it.

 

"aishh." soojin took a deep breath as she leaned on the wall for support. Her heart was racing like crazy, her stage fear was overcoming her at this time.

 

"special stage coming up in five!" soojin heard the crew shout.

 

"Soojin-ah, i'm going to the left wing, come on." younghyun said.

 

"arraseo, i'll wait here for a while." soojin said.

 

"uh, waeyo?" younghyun raised her eyebrow. "what's wrong?"

 

"nothing!" soojin argued. "everything is fine!" she lied. "i want to use the restroom, that's all." Soojin said as she noticed a leather necklace on Younghyun, but she decided to leave it.

 

"arraseo." younghyun eyed soojin. "we'll be waiting." then she left.

 

"phew." soojin sighed. "come on, you can do this soojin-ah." she hummed to herself, she sat on the floor with her back leaning on the wall. She could tell that her seniors are running all around the place. The SM Family is all in action, it's such s great opportunity, and Soojin wouldn't ruin it just because of a stage fear. Finally she got up slowly.

 

"BOO!" 

 

"YAH!" Soojin jumped in shock. She saw Kai with makeup and the costume standing infront of her. "heck, i just got a mini heart attack."

 

"hey dance partner, let's go!" kai said and pulled her wrist. Soojin had no other choice than to go along with Kai. In the middle of walking, he stopped suddenly. 

 

"what's wrong?" soojin asked.

 

"aren't i the one who was supposed to ask that to you?" kai asked as he turned around to face her, this time his expression showed no playfullness.

 

"what do you mean?" soojin stuttered feeling more nervous. Kai sighed and let go of her wrist.

 

"you're having a stage fear right?" he asked.

 

"what? N-no!"

 

"don't lie, soojin-ah. I can feel your pulse on your wrist." he said. Soojin sighed in defeat.

 

"you got me." 

 

"yah, listen. Don't care about the audience, don't worry about making the wrong moves." he said.

 

"mm hmm." soojin said and looked at the floor.

 

"hey, look at me." kai said, and so she did. "while on that stage, just look at me, look at my eyes, nothing else." kai said as he held her shoulder. Soojin nodded in response.

           

"alright, i'll try."

 

"hey, come on." kai said as he patted her head. "don't be nervous. You can do this, i believe in you." he smiled. "you'll be okay."

 

"thank you kai." she smiled.

 

"sure, soojin-ah." kai said softly.

 

"exo and the girls' special stage, please go to the left wing!" another crew shouted. Soojin gritted her teeth.

 

"don't be afraid." kai said again. "i'm there. I'll always be there, i'm right by your side. Don't forget that."

 

"yeah, i know." she smiled.

 

"here, take my hand." kai offered his hand and soojin took it. "if i was nervous, i'd ask anybody to do this with me. So now i found you, we might as well as do this everytime." kai smiled.

 

"hahaha, the famous kai? Nervous?" soojin teased.

 

"aish." kai said and stuck out his tongue at her. "do this with me, take a deep breath and close your eyes." with their hands on each other, they closed their eyes. "we can do this." Kai said. By doing this Soojin felt like relaxing, she chuckled and opened her eyes, and found Kai already opening his.

 

"feeling better?" kai asked.

 

"yeah, thanks." soojin smiled. Kai didn't let go of her hand, instead, he dragged her with him.

 

"so now, let's rock the stage." he smiled as they arrived at the left wing. Before anybody could see their laced hands, soojin quickly pulled it away. "oops sorry." kai laughed.

 

"here you are!!" luhan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter