02. Aeryo

Not You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up with the sun rays hitting my eyes and my alarm clock ring the sweet tone of Cho Yong Pil’s Bounce. Without that song my day wouldn’t work at all and I would be grumpy the rest of the day.

 

Today I just had a hard time opening my eyes. A voice in my head kept telling me it wasn’t vacation any longer and an early bedtime would be the best; school had started a week ago but all I asked for was just one more week of relaxing.

 

“Get up Aeryo! This is the year where you’ll get straight A’s and won’t be the second anymore.” I sleeply told myself and swung my legs out of bed. As my feet touched the cold floor, a shiver ran up my spine.

 

It would be a waste of time just sitting here; I had promised Hyosung we could pick her up on our way to school today, so she didn't have to take the bus.

 

I lifted my arm and sniffed myself under the armpit. Damn I need a shower, I thought and took out my braid, brushed my hair before going to the bathroom.


 

When I came out, I heard my mom calling from the kitchen for breakfast. “Coming!” I yelled as my hand reached for an eyeliner, when I remembered; school. I dropped my hand and put my hair in a ponytail. School meant no makeup, and no makeup meant that everyone would see my tired face that day.

 

I stumbled down the stairs and dumped my body on one of the chairs and start eating. I definitely should have been born a boy. I didn’t notice my mothers intense glare, until she opened to speak.

 

“Aeryo-ah, you and I are having dinner out tonight. Please be there in time and don’t you even dare to be late.” She smiled but the way she said it, it was clear that she wasn’t going take a no.

 

I looked up at my mothers face and gulped; I had plans today but when she put on that face and tone, I knew any argument was invalid.

 

“Where do you want to meet up? It’s not that I had plans anyway with Sandeul og Hyosung”, I said with a slight sarcasm. My mother exchanged a glare with my father, and I knew she asked him to say something to me.

 

“Your tone Aeryo…”

 

I just sent my dad on of my heartbreaker smiles. I was his one and only daughter, and saying I wasn’t spoiled by him, would be an outright lie.

 

“Sorry dad~”, I pouted.

 

He just grunted and said, “I have to go now, good day to both of you. And Aeryo”, He kissed my mother on her cheek and then me. He looked me in the eyes, “You’re meeting up with your mother no matter what.”

 

I just nodded and finished my breakfast in silence.

 

It wasn’t because I didn’t love my mother; I did. She could just be really demanding and  she had a hard time understanding that I also had a life beside her perfect version of it.

 

“So what time are we meeting up?” I asked. She glared at me from above her glasses.

 

“Let’s say seven o’clock; then you have time to get home and change out of your uniform”, She smiled, knowing I wouldn’t argue.

 

“Deal. I have to go now; Hyosung is waiting for me. I promised to pick her up.”

 

“Okay. See you later sweetheart.”

 

I too kissed my mother’s cheek, grabbed my back and rushed out of the house.

 

As I had placed my bum on the back seat, I told the driver my promise to pick up Hyosung.

 

“Then we can’t have you can’t keep a promise, can we?” He winked.

 

I smiled and closed my eyes. It would take at least 10 minutes to reach Hyosung, so I had plenty of time to take a nap.

 

“I’m here miss!”, Hyosung sang as she entered the car and woke me from my sleep.

 

We chit-chatted on our way school. I told her how my mother wanted to speak with me later that day. She started to come with examples for what my mother wanted to speak with me about. In the end, we both ended up agreeing on it probably would be something about the working position in her company, I would get after university.

 

“You’re so lucky that you mother can give you a job, after you ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter