16. Aeryo

Not You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

For heavens sake, why couldn’t he just leave me alone, when I went so out my way to avoid him?

 

I really was trying my best to avoid him but as much as I tried, as much he tried to get closer to me.

 

My dream the night between Friday and Saturday had made me confused about what I felt for Baekhyun. My heart had been pounding when I woke up, but my head had been screaming to get out this arrangement right now!

 

I had never felt a more real dream before. The second I had woken up, I had still felt his lips against mine. And where he had kissed my stomach had been burning.

 

I just couldn’t look at him without those images popping up in my mind.

 

So from now on I had one job; avoid Baekhyun.

 

But that too, he made extremely hard for me, as he suddenly was all over the school.

 

First carrying my bag, then bumping into me so I spilled my food all over myself and lastly making me look like a fool in front of my mother.

 

4 weeks and then it would be too late to get away from Baekhyun. Then why wasn’t I honest about my love for Sandeul? Because you’re not in love with him anymore Aeryo. NONSENSE! I told myself. I was in love with Sandeul. Wasn’t I?




 

 

The same night our mothers had told us the date for our engagement party, Baekhyun and I shared a car for the first time since we moved in together.

 

He was looking at me, clearly with something on his mind.

 

“Looking at something special Baekhyun-ssi?” I removed my eyes from the street of Seoul. This was the most beautiful time of the year. Spring, all gray turning green.

 

“Just… What are you thinking about?” his eyes were shining in the dim light. Just like in my dream. Stop!

 

“I’m thinking about a fast but safe way to get out of this arrangement and that I can’t wait to get away from you once again”.

 

If I hadn’t known the true cheating Baekhyun, it almost looked as if he had been hurt just a little bit by my words.

 

But as soon as I thought I had seen the hurt look in his eyes, just as fast it disappeared as if it had never been there.

 

No, it must have been my imagination. Baekhyun can’t get hurt.

 

“Then why did you lie?"

 

He said it plainly without any playfulness or anything, as if he simply just was curious of why.

 

Not knowing the answer to that question myself, I decided to ignore him, and looked outside the window.

 

Did you really lie Aeryo? I leaned against the window and closed my eyes. I hated my life.



 

 

Sandeul had been pretty absent all week. Every time I tried to get his attention he had apologized, but still not listening to what I was saying.

 

But when Hyosung spoke, his attention would be fully on her. What had I done? I had really thought it through but I couldn't remember anything that could have made him to ignore me.

 

I was walking together with Jaesung. We had just been dismissed from our last class and Jaesung had kidnapped me since tomorrow was my birthday and he had decided he would find a present for me.

 

He wanted to find the present with my help, because as he said himself; he still didn't knew me well enough to just go out and find a present.

 

“Noona! I hope we can find something for you today”, Jaesung ruffled my hair and smiled, “I will only buy the best of the best for you!”

 

“Aww. You are so sweet Jaesung-ah, but you don’t have to. My friends are more important than gifts”, I smiled and tried to fix my hair.

 

As we laughed I saw a familiar shadow; Sandeul. Him and I really needed to talk.

 

“Wait here Jaesung”, and without making sure Jaesung had understood what I’d said, I ran.

 

“Sandeul!”, I grabbed his arm.

 

He looked at me, and then at my hand on his arm.

 

“Aeryo-ah. You surprised me”, He said it in a monotone voice, like I was boring him.

 

“Can you please tell me what I’ve done to make you ignore me every time I speak? You know how much I hate when I’m the reason for people to be angry at me."

 

Sandeul smiled a sad smile.

 

“Have I?", He scratched his neck.

 

"Yeah?", My voice was shaking a bit, maybe because he made me feel so insecure. Had I over reacted?

 

"I think we all are a bit stressed about the upcoming mid-term," he smiled a wry smile, "Maybe I have just been in my own thoughts."

 

No it wasn't me, he was lying. When he lied his eyes would become a slight bigger.

 

"Okay", I was ready to leave when he graves my arm, looking like he was about to spill something that had been on his mind for too long.

 

"You have changed. Two month ago you didn't even mention Baekhyun-ssi and now all you do is complaining about him. Is there something you want to talk about?" He looked deep into my eyes.

 

I hadn't noticed Jaesung had come over until he stood beside me, slightly touching my arm.

 

"I have?", I sighed, "I promise to tell you everything soon but right now isn't a good time, okay?", Sandeul pulled me in for a hug.

 

"Okay. But I hate when we keep things for each other", he sighed and let go of me.

 

He handed me a present, “Don’t think I forgot you".

 

I smiled as I looked at the package.

 

What had they bought this year? When I looked up to say thank you, Sandeul was already goon.




 

It was finally friday. My birthday. None of the students had to attend school today because of a big teacher’s meeting.

 

I couldn’t be more happy, because who would want to stay in school all day on their birthday?



 

From: Mother

09:34 Morning my precious daughter. I hope you have slept well. I was by yesterday while you were in school, if you look in the cupboard over the sink you will find your present from dad and me.

I’m sorry we can celebrate your birthday together this year, we both had to fly to China for an important meeting but I'm sure Baekhyun-ssi has something in his mind. I'm so happy for you.

Love Mother



 

At least she hadn’t forgot my birthday.

 

I walked into the kitchen to find my present. I had already opened what Jaesung had bought me; a royal blue longchamp with black leather - Le Pliage SM Palette.

 

I was so surprised by the gift and the amount of money he had spend. Even though most of the students attending our schools were children of rich and successful parents, not many had the money to spend $200 on birthday presents.  

 

I opened my parents present. Inside the box there was a charm for my bracelet.

 

Ever since I was born, when a big event happened in my life, my parents would give me a charm. This year it was an engagement ring charm.

 

“What have you there?”, Baekhyun came in from the living room.

 

“My present from my parents…” I turned the charm, “It’s a charm for my bracelet.”

 

“Oh the one where you get a charm every time when something big is happening in your life?”, Baekhyun chewed on his cereal and leaned over the table to see the charm.

 

“You remember?”, I looked at him with wondering eyes.

 

“You pretty much wore it every day. So yes, I remember. What have they got you this time?”

 

“An engagement ring,” I said and Baekhyun almost choked on his cereal, “I rather not use this since it need to be handed back”. I put the charm back in the box.

 

“Yeah, that would be the best,” He leaned back in his chair and reached for something in his pocket.

 

“Here.”

 

He placed a box on the table.

 

“What. You got me a box of slime?” I rose an eyebrow and took the box in my hands.

 

“Haha, funny. No, I just don’t want to have my mother killing me because I didn’t get anything for you on your birthday”, He looked like someone who wanted to leave. But he changed his mind and stayed.

 

I opened the small box. Inside a necklace was showned. I looked like a dream catcher with a blue chalcedony where the net should have been.

 

It was beautiful.

 

I touched the stone, it felt warm against my fingertips.

 

I looked up.

 

"Thank you."

 

He didn't answer me, he just pulled his shoulders like it was nothing.

 

Then he rose from his seat and left.



 

 

The day went by pretty smoothly. As the sun was setting I went out on the balcony.

 

I could faintly hear the cars honking down on the street, dying to come home to their families. The air was unusually clear for a day in Seoul. The wind was blowing warmly but briskly around me.

 

I smiled, out here I was in my own little world. It was nice, the wind was finally smelling like spring.

 

Carrying warmth and a hope of change.

 

"You look calm out here", Baekhyun's voice made me jump in surprise.

 

"Yeah it's nice", I turned my head.

 

He had changed into a white t-shirt and jeans hanging in the iest way on his hips.

 

I gulped. Why were my hormones flying around whenever I saw him?!

 

He unfolded something he was carrying in his hands.

 

A sweatshirt, one of his I guess.

 

"I know it's spring and soon to be summer but it's still cold out here", He held up the shirt and walked out to me.

 

As the fabric touched my arms, I suddenly felt how cold my arms had been.

 

Baekhyun kept a hold on the shirt. He stared at me like he had remembered something.

 

"It's amazing how much things can change in a split second, right?", He played with the zipper.

 

What was he thinking about?

 

"What do you mean?", I took a hold around the fingers that were playing with the zipper, and removed them.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter