09. Baekhyun

Not You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was awakened by Aeryo screaming out in terror. I hadn’t even opened my eyes, before I found myself in front of her door, a thousand thoughts running through my still half asleep head.

 

Is there a burglar in the house? A ? Is she okay? How can I protect her? But what if he is armed and oh god is she okay?

 

I opened her door slowly, ready to fight any intruder but all I saw was her crying sleeping figure.

 

I straightened up, relief flowing into my body. I let out the breath that I had been holding.

 

I felt myself starting to walk towards her, to comfort her when she suddenly sat up and started crying even harder.

 

Startled, I froze and quickly realized what I was doing and ran as quietly as I could out of her room and closed the door after me.

 

Leaning up against the door, I could hear her sobs.

 

I sighed and almost felt my heart break at the sound of the misery of a young woman.

 

Almost.

 

Then I remembered who I was dealing with and I remembered why I didn’t liked the girl behind the door.

 

I walked into my room again, with the thoughts of comforting her and holding her almost gone.

 

Almost.



 

I woke up the next morning, feeling groggy. I put on some sweats and a tee and moved my body into the jungle called kitchen.

 

I found a box cereal (I wasn’t going to die yet) and poured it lazily into a bowl, grabbed the milk and sat down to eat.

 

I was halfway through my (deluxe) meal when Aeryo showed her face. Her eyes were all puffy and her hair looked like a bird’s nest.

 

I followed her with my eyes as I chewed, as she walked around. As she looked at herself in the mirror, her shoulders visibly fell and I could hear her sigh.

 

"Can I help you since you keep staring Baekhyun?" she snapped, sounding like she was suffering from severe PMS (and maybe she was).

 

I could’ve said something that wouldn’t piss her off or just shrug nonchalantly but my mouth betrayed me before I could think.

 

"I was just wondering what could cause such a scream like that last night. If it's possible keep it down next time that would be great. I like my beauty sleep", I said, regretting it the moment the words left my lips.

 

That was a low hit Baek, I mentally slapped myself. For some reason all my gentlemen manners died when she was around.  

 

She looked shocked but the anger and shame were clear in her eyes as she retorted, "As you wish your majesty", and stomped into her room again.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter