18. Aeryo

Not You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I never had many close friends. It didn’t mean people wouldn’t befriend me, it was me not wanting to befriend them. Hyosung and Sandeul had been my friends since 1st grade - when we were little. Jaesung had been a part of those I had come to call a close friend over the past few month.

 

And now, that scandinavian girl Kris (still) was together with, hugged me.

 

“It’s gonna be okay”, she whispered in my ear.

 

I gave her a shy smile, she seemed like a nice girl.

 

As she let go, she kept one hand on my back, making small relaxing circles.



 

As the boys kept talking, the girl, who had told her name was Alviina, had chased Luhan away from a sitting place and placed me there instead.

 

He had sent her a flirting smile but she had brushed it off, and instead winked at Kris.

 

As I was sitting and listening to the boys, I tried to find a good excuse to leave the room. I fished out my phone, only to find out Jaesung had called three times.

 

I rose from the seat and walked out the living room.

 

Everything was chaos. From now on it would be too late to get out of this engagement.

 

I called Jaesung. It didn’t ring more than one time before I heard his voice.

 

“Are you okay?! I’m so sorry I wasn’t there!”, I smiled and walked into the kitchen instead.

 

“I’m fine Jaesung-ah. It’s a bit of a chaos, and now we both definitely need to explain to everybody, how and why”, I sighed. “but this would have happened sooner or later, it was stupid of us believing we could keep this as a secret”. I felt a headache building up in the back of my head.

 

“What about..”, he didn’t finish the sentence.

 

“Sandeul?”, it was a bitter sound that left my mouth. “He probably hate me more than anybody else does right now”. I looked into the living room catching Baekhyun looking at me.

 

“It good to hear you’re sort of okay,” he laughed a bit, “Do you want me to come over?”.

 

“No no, it’s fine. Besides it’s a bit crowded over here,” I walked over to the cupboard and took down the painkillers.

 

“Who’s there?”, he sounded curious.

 

“The flawless flower boys”, I said it ironically.

 

“Who are you talking to?”, Liyue came into the kitchen together with Alviina.

 

“Gotta go Jaesung-ah. See you tomorrow”, then I hung up.

 

“One of my friends. He wasn’t in the cantine earlier and he didn’t heard about what happened until later. Guess he called to make sure I was okay”, I placed my head in my hands. My head was pounding hard.

 

Liyue came over to sit down next to me. My head went from pounding to starting to feel numb.

 

“Hey are you okay? You look pretty pale for what should be healthy”, Liyue touched my forehead, her fingers icecold against my skin. “And burning hot!”.

 

The last thing I heard before everything went black, was Alviina shouting Baekhyun’s name.

 

I kept falling and falling. It seemed like it would never end no matter how long I would fall.

 

But the fall ended just as quickly as it had started. I was lying on the floor only one lamp hanging down from the ceiling, creating a circle of light around me.

 

“Aeryo-ah? What are you doing?”, I turned to the direction the voice was coming from; Sandeul.

 

He stepped closer, just standing right outside the circle of light. His hand crossed the light wall and offered me a hand.

 

Just as I was going to take his hand, another voice spoke.

 

“Hey beautiful”, Baekhyun too stepped closer to the light.

 

Every part of my body started to relax as I heard his voice.

 

That familiar voice that no matter what, would make me smile.

 

His hand too went through the light wall.

 

“Take my hand sweetheart”, he squatted and smiled to me.

 

I turned away from Sandeul and crawled over to Baekhyun’s hand. My fingers interlacing and fitting perfectly with his.

 

The whole scene changed before my eyes. I was no longer in the light, but instead standing in a garden.

 

I turned my head and was meet by Baekhyun’s smiling face. He was dressed in a tuxedo.

 

I looked around. So many people!

 

Then down at myself. I was wearing a beautiful white dress.

 

My wedding!

 

“Do you Byun Baekhyun, take Jang Aeryo to your lawfully wedded wife?”, the priest said.

 

“I do”, Baekhyun was holding my hand, drawing circles in my palm.

 

“And do you, Jang Aeryo, take Byun Baekhyun as your lawfully wedded husband.”

 

The scenario started to fade away, and it felt like my head was pulled under water.

 

I opened my eyes, my lamp was and Baekhyun sitting on a chair next to the bed.

 

“Hey you”, his voice was soft.

 

“What happened?”, I tried to push myself up in a sitting position but Baekhyun held me down.

 

“You need to rest”, his eyes were filled with worry.

 

I remove his hands from my shoulders and tried to sit up, just as he leaned forward to feel my forehead.

 

“Is she awake?!” Liyue slamed the door open, finding Baekhyun and I awfully close.

 

“Yeah she is”, Baekhyun pushed himself away from me.

 

For me it was clear who my heart had chosen but my mind would still not let go of our past break up and the reason for that.

 

“Good! Alviina had prepared dinner”, Liyue clapped her hands once and disappeared.

 

“Wait. How long have I’ve been out?”, I swung my legs out of the bed.

 

“Four hours. Everybody rushed to the kitchen when Alviina shouted my name,” Baekhyun was about to leave.

 

“Who is still here?”

 

He stopped in his tracks and turned around.

 

“Only Kyungsoo, Liyue and Alviina. Kyungsoo stayed to keep me company and the girls wouldn’t leave before they saw you back on your feet”, he opened the door and left.

 

I walked into the living room, covered from head to toe in a blanket.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter