19. Baekhyun

Not You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We arrived at the hotel where the party was held. I hadn't let go of her hand the whole ride and she hadn't let go either.

 

The hotel was one of the best in the country and it was owned by my father.

 

When we exited the car, I still didn't let go of her hand. The party was already in full bloom and as the main characters for the night, we had to arrive fashionably late.

 

We were brought into a suite before the big entrance we had to make. Her heels clicked against the floor. Click, clack, click, clack.

 

Her hand was cold in my hand and I felt the urge to rub them to get some warmth but I refrained.

 

The door closed behind us.

 

None of us had let go. I looked at her.

 

Her cheeks were slightly flushed as a contrary to her cold hands and her lips were painted with a rosy pink tint, matching her dress.

 

I met her eyes, those brown deep eyes with long lashes fanned out. She bit her lip.

 

She let go of my hand and the closeness we had had suddenly disappeared. I rubbed my neck suddenly feeling embarrassed but I stayed quiet.

 

I didn’t really know what to say or what to do. This was the night where everyone was celebrating our promise of unity.

 

For some reason this seemed like the point of no return. Of course we could break it off afterwards but the loss of pride and face by doing that was far greater than getting married and living an unhappy life.

 

Especially for our parents.

 

She sat down on the couch, carefully touching the fabric of her dress.

 

I sat down next to her, longing to take her hand, but didn’t.

 

“So.. This is …” I started.

 

She looked at me with big eyes, waiting for what I was going to say. I couldn’t really read the expression in her eyes.

 

Was she regretting doing this? Was she still in love with that Sandeul boy?

 

I leaned back and closed my eyes.

 

When had my feelings for her changed? It wasn’t really until now that it dawned on me; that I Byun Baekhyun was in love with Jang Aeryo.

 

“Do you regret this?” I suddenly asked, my eyes still closed.

 

The question startled her, and I could hear her fiddled with her skirt.

 

My eyes stayed closed, waiting for her answer but not rushing her to answer right away.

 

“I..” she started. There was a long pause, as if she’s decided against answering but then she uttered quietly, “No..?”.

 

A smile crept in the corner of my mouth.

 

I opened my eyes and looked at her.

 

She was looking at her hands, her mind running with thoughts.

 

A strand of hair had gone astray and by instinct I reached out and moved it behind her ear.

 

Instead of removing my hand, I reached out and touched her skin, just behind her ear. My fingers felt cool on her hot skin and the softness of her skin surprised me.

 

She sat perfectly still under my touch and I looked at her face. Her pink lips were slightly apart and her breath drawn slightly short.

 

Suddenly the urge to kiss her felt way too strong. Her scent was infuriating and as everything was quiet around us, I moved closer to her, cupping her face with one hand.

 

My lips were only an inch apart and I felt our breaths mingle for a second before I pressed my lips against hers.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter