12. Aeryo

Not You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Surprised would not describe what I felt at the moment. I hadn't really been awake and in the beginning I thought it was a dream. Baekhyun sitting in my room, on my bed, my stomach. It was just surreal.

 

And now I sat there, his lips on mine, awake enough to notice everything about it but I just sat there frozen. Then my brain started to function again, and like a paused movie the play button was pressed once again.

 

I pushed Baekhyun away from me down onto the floor.

 

"What the hell are you doing Baekhyun?" I said, my voice rising for every word. I had expected some kind of reaction but all I could see on his face a crooked smile.

 

I stumbled out of my bed and to the door while Baekhyun was trying to get up from the floor.

 

I opened it and pointed out to the hall.

 

"Out!" I growled. Baekhyun was back on his feet and looked at me leaning against the door.

 

"No goodnight kiss to your fiancé?" He said and wiggled his eyebrows, clearly too drunk, too dumb.

 

"Baekhyun. I mean it. If you don't leave this room right now, I'm going to hit you". My voice was shaking, still surprised from the kiss.

 

"Why do you hate me so much? All I hear in school is how sweet Jang Aeryo is. But why is she so mean to me? I’m her fiancé. You’re supposed to love me", He said, his face changing. Now all I saw was a hurt broken boy. The exact same expression he had worn the day I broke up with him.

 

"Out Baekhyun."

 

Gone was the hurt boy, as if he remembered something and the crooked smile was back as if the last minute just hadn’t happened.

 

"Night night then. Sleep tight", He winked at me and opened the door to his own room.

 

I closed my door, learned against it and slided down. There I sat waiting for my heart to slow down.

 

I touched my lips. I could still feel his lips against them. Damn it! I hit the door. Why wouldn’t my heartbeat slow down?


 

 

 

The next morning I peeked out the door. It was Saturday... And Baekhyun would be home for the whole day. After last night, I must admit he wasn't on the list of people I wanted to see that morning.

 

I put on a pair of baggy grey sweatpants, a tight black tank top and put my hair in a ponytail.

 

I opened the door. Silence. He hadn’t woken up yet. Amazing. I went out my room and into the kitchen. My stomach growled for food and I hummed as I walked into the kitchen.

 

Stopping in a step the second I entered. There he sat, hanging over the table with a glass in front of him. Half asleep, half awake.

 

He lifted his head and at the sound of my foot steps. I stood still and just watched him, afraid he would pull something on me like last night.

 

"Enjoying my pain?" He mumbled. No sarcasm, nothing. He just sounded as if he was having a major headache, which he probably had.

 

"You could just stop drinking so much, then you wouldn't have any headache now", I opened a cupboard and found some painkillers just to take the worst.

 

“Here”.

 

"Thanks", He said as if he was short of breath.

 

"How much do you remember from last night?" I eyed him, watching him carefully, making sure I would get the smallest details of change in his face.

 

"I remember the boys, a cab and that’s about it", he scratched his neck trying to remember.

 

"Aha, then there's not much to talk about. Hungry?" My voice was monotone and Baekhyun just looked at me suspiciously.

 

"Why? Are you actually going to make me food? And did I do anything last night?", he said eyeing me with suspicion.

 

"It's not that I haven't made food for you before. I do it like every day. I just don't want to fight right now and I'm hungry myself", I sighed, ignoring the last question.

 

"Who are you? And where is Jang Aeryo?", he said in disbelief and gulped down the water. Instead of waiting for a comeback from me, he just sat back in his chair and looked blankly in the air.

 

I took his glass and filled it up with more water. I had seen hangover headaches before. My father often came home drunk after he and his employes had won a case. My father just couldn't take that much alcohol. So I nursed him every time.

 

And seeing Baekhyun in the same state as my father, I actually felt sorry for him. I had never been drunk but I could imagine being all hungover and having headaches couldn’t be fun for anyone.  



 

 

 

Hours later I finally heard what I had been waiting for. I smiled knowingly as Baekhyun ran to the toilet. Even though he couldn't remember last night, I wasn't going to let him get away with kissing me like that.

 

My door was open and I could hear him run past my room.

 

"Oh Mary, mother of Jesus! What did I eat yesterday?!" He ran past me again while shouting.

 

And this time I couldn't keep a straight face and looked at the box on my table. There they were - laxatives.

 

"You're okay Baekhyun?" I shouted through the apartment.

 

"No!" Short answer, but I could hear his pain and I laughed.


 

Later that evening while I was preparing food, Baekhyun finally showed his face. Okay this time I felt a bit for sorry him, for real. I had given him laxatives while he had a hangover. Maybe not the best combo.

 

His always perfect hair was messy and fell into his eyes, dripping with sweat. His eyes had sunken in and the were almost black under his lids. I felt a sting to my heart but forgot it quickly - almost.

 

"You look like ", I smiled at him. One of my heartbreaker smiles.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter