11. Baekhyun

Not You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Dude the exchange students are here”, Kyungsoo said and nodded in their direction.

 

I looked at him with a raised brow. He usually didn’t care about the exchange students.

 

“Dude since when did you care?”, I asked.

 

“Since when DIDN’T you care?”, he shot back.

 

I sighed. The past week had been weird. I had been living with Aeryo for a little more than a week and we had somewhat found a daily rhythm.

 

Wake up, argue about breakfast, brush my teeth, argue about a random little thing she was annoyed about, go to school, go home, she nags me about being too messy, I make her cook my dinner, eat dinner separately, argue about who’s doing the dishes, I win and spend the rest of my evening in my room.

 

Yup, I was dying. I realised how much random girls had become a part of my daily life, and it was excruciating having it taken away from me.

 

“How have you survived these past years with us and not dated a girl?” I asked exasperated.

 

“You mean, how have I survived being friends with the towns biggest manhore and still stay single and pure?”, he said sarcastically, “Well I’m a wonder, aren’t I?”.

 

He glances to the group of exchange students again. There were 9 students in totalt. Four girls and five boys, and as far I could see six of them Chinese or Japanese and the rest were European looking.

 

I looked at Kyungsoo and saw that his eyes were on two of the Chinese/Japanese girls.

 

The two of them were quite an odd pair. One was really petite but on the heavier side, with a boyish attitude, while the other was tall, a head taller than the other, more feminine looking and she wore make up while the small one didn’t.

 

The small one said something and the taller one’s face light up in a laugh that made her rather attractive looking.

 

She said something back, her face resting in a smile, the glint in her eyes not disappearing.

 

I shrugged. She was too tall and she seemed too goofy for my liking.

 

“Let’s go man, lunch break is almost over”, I said heading towards our building.

 

“Yeah yeah”, Kyungsoo answered but he had a hard time removing his eyes from her smiling face.

 

Hm, our Kyungsoo has finally shown interest in a girl? Interesting.



 


 

We were sitting in our fourth and last class, when the door opened.

 

“Oh there you are!” Our teacher said to the two exchange students. One of them was the tall girl from before and the other was a blond girl, one of the European girls.

 

They both looked shy as they entered the classroom. 35 pairs of eyes were looking at them curiously.

 

I looked to Kyungsoo to see if he was reacting but he has his poker face on as always.

 

“We will have two of the exchange students in our class! Take care of them guys and no bullying! They will be here for the rest of the year”, our teacher said adjusting his glasses, “Now go on and introduce yourselves girls”.

 

The blond looked to the tall one, and she took the hint.

 

“Uh Hi, My name is Xing Liyue and I’m from China… Uh nice to meet you”, she said insecurely but managed to give a small smile.

 

“And I’m Alviina Mattila and I’m from Finland. Uh Please take care of us”, she said with a half smile but her hands were shaking.

 

I found it quite funny that the Liyue still was taller than Alviina, even though Liyue was Chinese and Alviina Finnish. Weren’t Nordic people supposed to be tall?

 

“Alviina, you go sit next to hm Kris. Yeah the one in the far back yes. And Liyue you go sit next to Chanyeol yes the other tall one”, the teacher said as he looked down on his notes.

 

As they both went to their seats, everyone’s eyes were glued on them. They were both standing out in their own way.

 

Alviina’s blond hair and her blue eyes made her like a foreign item (well she is a foreigner but you get what I mean) in the classroom. She walked confidently to her seat and I noticed as she passed me that she was around average height.

 

She had curves unlike the girls around here, and even though she had a bit of extra weight compared to the rest of females in the classroom, she owned it and it suited her.

 

She sat down next to Kris, who just quickly glanced at his new seatmate and then returned his attention to the teacher.

 

She looked at him shortly, probably just to see what human being she was sitting next to, but she looked unimpressed and just brought out her notebook.

 

Liyue on the other hand was not as confident as Alviina. The girl I had seen outside in the group of other exchange students were replaced with a shy and reserved girl.

 

Her height for once was something noticing. She was taller than all of the girls and probably the same height as some of the boys here (including me *cough cough*).

 

She quietly sat down next to Chanyeol, bowing her head as a hello. He gave her a goofy smile and she gave a him a reserved smile back.

 

I poked Kyungsoo and nodded towards Chanyeol.

 

“You probably wished it was you, am I right?” I whispered with a smirk. He just glared at me, not saying anything. I laughed silently and like the others in the class I had lost my concentration.


 

 

The next couple of days were interesting. Alviina and Kris had hit well off after class that first day, as Alviina’s korean still wasn’t too good.

 

Chanyeol had somehow, opened Liyue’s guarded persona up a bit and it did help that she and Alviina had become great friends in the short period of time they had known each other.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter