Ch. 23

Fighting For Love

I sat in the booth looking down at my phone. I had decided I'd treat myself to a nice lunch since I had been putting myself through so much stress lately. I was thinking about how I would tell Niel the news; or if I would even tell him at all.

"He certainly has the right to know.. But then again that will give him something else to freak out about," I said to myself. I let out a deep sigh and looked down.

"Uhm, Excuse me," Someone said tapping down on my table.

I quickly looked up."Hm?"

"Are you ready for your check?" The waitress smiled.

I nodded quickly and reached for my purse."Oh- Sure."

She smiled once more and slided the leather booklet over to me."Have a nice day." She said before turning around to walk away.

"Thank you!" I said pulling out my walletI placed the money in the check and slided it to the end of the table. Once I gathered my things, I left.

"Okay .. Hush! Don't say anything! I have good news! We are going to have a boy!, Ew No, Thats to enthusiastic." I spoke to myself as I walked down the narrow sidewalk."Niellie... Shutup. We are having a baby boy. No, That sounds to cold-" I sighed deeply and reached into my bag and pulled out my phone.

No more lolly gagging, Its time to be serious. 

I searched through my contacts then held the phone up to my ear. The dailing tone made things more tense for me each time it rang. I didn't know if he'd pick up, Or if he'd ignore me for contacting him.

"So you finally called me." A voice on the other end said breaking the dailing tone's pattern.

I sighed again."Sorry Niel .. Its just that I've been so busy-"

 "Busy!? Busy doing what!? So busy you cannot even text me!? What the heck is wrong with you!"

"Well I jus-"

 "You don't understand how worried I was about you! I didn't know if you were dead! I didn't know if you ran off with someone else! I don't even know what I know        about you anymore!" His voice raged.

"Niel-"

 "You know I don't take stress well! Thats it! You get you right here to New York and you are coming back to korea with me! I don't care what you say this is        the final straw women!"

"Ahn Daniel shut the hell up!" I screamed into the phone. He didn't say another word. I walked over to the nearest bench and took a seat."Like I said I have been busy. Yes you are right I could have messaged you but .. I don't know, I guess I don't have the much of a bright mind to think of that as another alternative. The reason I was calling you was because I wanted to tell you I went to doctor."

"And...?"

"It's a boy." 

 He became quiet again. 

"Niel?"

 "A boy-"

"Yes, a boy." 

 Silence.

"Your supposed to be happy about this!"

"No- I am! I just- I'm just over joyed! A boy, We're going to have a little boy!" He chuckled of excitement into the phone."This is so unreal-"

I smiled as he went on and on about how happy he was. Hearing this made me happy. I've never heard Niel go on so much about something until now. It was perfect hearing him do it.

"You seem so excited." I spoke up after he was finished.

"You have to go back to seoul as soon as possible! So when I get back I can be there with you guys. Jagiya it's been months and not seeing you really burns my      cookies.

I chuckled at his little joke."I would, But it's just the fans."

"To be very honest, I don't even care at this point anymore. They are going to have to accept the fact that you are mine, and now your the mother of my child.. You     see? There is a time in a place when I have to be a man .. and it's now."

"If you insist .. I guess I'll listen .."

 "Really?!" He exclaimed. 

"Mhm." I hummed.

 "Wow that was easy .." He said cheerfully, I could feel him smiling on the other end.

"Well, I have to go. I have a couple errands to run. I'll talk to you later okay?"

"Alright, You be safe~"

"Okay Niel," I chuckled."I'll hang up first." A small smile appeared on my face as I took the phone way from my ear.

It's only been a few months, Maybe that was enough time to get away.

I thought to myself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as I got home I went online to search up the cheapest plane tickets. I decided I wasn't going to fly all the way to New York. I was just going to fly back to seoul. It was all just so I could suprise Niel when he got back. He only had one more showcase to do, it wouldn't kill him to wake a week more; Plus, I had to tell my family and friends about the news. Ontop of that, I missed my job.

"And, Purchase." I whispered to myself as I clicked green confirmination button. I sighed out of relief and shoved my laptop off my legs."Finally, the chaos is over."

I was set to leave in a day or two, So I had to hurry and pack up this whole room by Friday.

I looked down at my stomache."You'll see daddy soon," I smiled softly.