Ch. 17

Fighting For Love

"Hey! You!" Chunji yelled pointing over at Daniel who had just walked through the door.

Niel gave a questioning look.

"Where were you last night? Actaully where were you these pass few days.."

"Oh, Heh. I went to go see a friend in the hospital."

"Why didn't you tell us?"

Niel walked over to the edge of the couch and rested his hand on Chanhee's shoulder."If I told you I am sure you would understand why I didn't tell you." He smiled and started walking over to the hallway.

"Understand what!" He yelled.

"Don't worry about it hyung!" Niel yelled back and walked into the room he and changjo were sharing. Changjo was sitting on his bed looking down at his phone."Hey maknae,"

"Annyeong Hyung." He said emotionlessly without taking his eyes off the screen.

".. Are you okay? What are you doing?"

"Shh! I am concentrating!"

"Concentrating on what?" 

"I am trying to get him to guess the person I am thinking about,"

"Who?"

"Ankinator!"

"Oh-Kay .." Niel said slowly backing out of the room.

"Ohh Niel Hyung you are back?" Ricky said walking up to him and stopping.

Niel nodded and smiled."Yeah, For good pig." He said patting his head.

"Ohh! Hyung lets go somewhere!" 

".. You do realize that would be kind of hard .. right?"

"So! Its boring and I want to go somewhere and no one will come with me.."

"Well alright, Where do you want to go?"

"Lets go get some food, I am hungrrry,"

Niel nodded."Okay lets go."

-------------------------

[MANI POV]

"You will be on in a few minutes okay? When she calls your name just walk straight on stage."

I nodded as the lady walked away from me smiling and giving me a thumbs up gesture.I Sighed and fixed my dress and looked at the entrance of the stage ahead of me.

This is what I don't get. Out of all the poeple in the world; Why would anyone want to Interveiw me? What is so interesting going on in my life that someone wants to sit here and talk with me about it. 

"Today we have a very interesting girl here with us! She has been all over the media this past week! I welcome you, Kang Mani!" I heard a voice scream.

I smiled a little and made my way out onto the stage and stared and waved at the crowd of people to the side of me. Some screaming, Some booing, Some sitting there, and eitherest clapping.

The lady welcomed me with a warm hug as she pointed to the seat beside the coffee table."Have a seat love." She smiled.

I nodded and did so.

"So Mani, Do you know why you are here?"

"Actaully.. No I don't.."

"Well, I am Jane Lee, And We brought you here to get the inside scope on something."

"Hm?"

"You and Niel. You guys have been on the face of the media non stop for the past week. I am talking magazine covers, News, Facebook pages, Blogs, You  name it. We just want to know how such a couple became one."

"Ohh.." I said adjusting myself in my seat."Go on.."

"Alright, How did you two meet?"

"We actaully we met In middle school, and we ended up going to the same high school. From there we started started dating.. Once he desided to become  a trainee I was his current girlfriend then.. But a couple of months before debut I had to leave and go to college in america. So We had to break up. But I  came back and here we are now, Dating."

"Oh, Interesting." She smiled."I guess You two have known each other pretty much since childhood."

I nodded."You could say that."

"Ahah, Okay. Well who is the controlling one in the relationship? I mean the person who sets down the rules, You know. All that stuff."

"Well actaully me and Niel give each other freedom, But we do set a little bit of rules for each other. We also tell each other if we don't like something right  away so that other person can fix the problem.. We think that is a peaceful way of working things out rather than most couples do than fighting.. Which  we still do.. But we are working on it."

"Ah, very smart thinking. I think I will try that." She laughed."Now I know this is a headache, But How do you guys cover up in public. Knowing Niel has a  load of Sasaeng fans. How do you just cover up to enjoy a nice little date on your day's off together?"

"I get really irritated that we have to do this. Me..? No so much, I can put my hair in a bun, Put on a nice dress and throw on some shades and be done.  But Niel... He comes out looking like shaft. I mean, Sunglasses, a Beenie, Long black jacket, black jeans, face mask, You name it he's got it on. I don't  know how im supposed to kiss him with the damn mask on all the time. But me and him do not go out as much becuase he's busy.. and Im busy.. we  occasionally  go out for lunch together and thats probably about it."

"Aw poor baby. If that were me and my husband I would just say 'Forget it! We are staying home and cooking!' But You guys have some sort of cafe  where you work right?"

"Nae, They serve nice food, I have gave the boys money a few times to go buy their self's food."

"Ahh, Well how do you guys cope with sasaeng fans? Or fans period. I see alot of the fans are upset with your union with him."

"Mmm, We just run. Run as fast as we can to the van or truck or to my car. I well never forget the time at the airport when we were comming back from  Hawaii. The fans said such harsh things. It sort of scared me since I was new to this and I'd never heard anything come out of a young girls mouth like  that. I just hope one day they all can understand that I love their Oppa or Dongsaeng deeply and I wouldn't do anything to hurt him."

"Yes, Fans are really crazy sometimes. Now .. About Niel's ex. Yurina is her name right? There was a scandal about him cheating.. Was that true? Could  you explain that whole thing to us?"

"No it wasn't true. Yurina and her parents are very delusional. The most troublesome family I could ever run into. From what Daniel told me. He was being  forced to marry her. He had to stay their and take care of her to make up for me pushing her down the stairs."

"Ah, Compare yourself to Yurina, Do you think you are any different than her?"

"Excuse me?" I said tilting my head.

"Well you know. As you can see Yurina isn't that important to Niel as he puts her as.. Do you think he see's you the same way?"

"For your information I am not on the same level as Her. Never was and never will be."

"I see.. Well thank you for coming onto the show, Is there anything you'd like to say?"

I shook my head and stood up."Bye." I smiled and waved as I headed for the exit. 

As I walked down the stairs I rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone and called Myungdae.

"Hello?"

"Myungdae, Please send someone to come pick me up. My interview is over and I want to get back to work."

"On it. So how did It go?"

"It was fine until she made me seem like a low life dirt bag. I better not get criticism by Netizens after this I swear I will snap." I said snapping my fingers and pushing one of the buttons on the elevator.

"How dare she! Tell me you got her straight on that?"

"Ofcourse I did. But In the nicest way I possibly could."

"Ohh, Who are these for?" I heard him say followed by a sniffing sound. I heard another voice in the background but their voice was muffled."Aw, I might have to  steal these from her. I could use this. Ohh these smell so good!"

"What are you talking about?" I laughed as the elevator door opened. I walked through it and pressed the button for the first floor.

"Oh, Nothing. Just hurry and get here. We have some negociating to do."

"Uhm.. Okay. Well I will see you when I get there okay? I don't want this call to be dropped in this elevator."

"Alright, Return safelty."

"Sure, Bye."

"Bye."

I took the phone away from my ear and pressed the end buttong and stuck it back in my purse. The door open and I walked through still trying to put my phone in the pocket of my purse till I ran into someone.

"Oh sorry!" I said looking up at them."S-Sorry..." I said nervously.

"It's okay." They smiled.

We stood there staring at each other for a while. They made a confused face.

"You know.. you look very familar.. "

"R-Really?"

They nodded."My name is Jay. Nice to meet you." They held out their hand to shake.

"Oh I know you!" I shook their and and qucikly sat it back at my side."... I must go now!"

"Wait! Can I get your number?"

"My n-n-umber?"

They smiled and nodded.

"Uhm- .. 02 567 8823!" I say quickly.

"Haha, Uhm." They started as they pulled out their phone and handed it to me."Just put your number in."

I slowly looked down at their phone then up at them in suprise. They smiled at me. I looked back down at their phone and put my number in. I slowly handed it back to them.

"Thank you, Beautiful." They smiled as they took their phone."Bye for now." They winked and waved as they walked past me. 

I stood there frozen for a second till shaking my head back into reality while I started to head for the exit.