Ch. 1

Fighting For Love

"Ahh daughter, I missed you so much." My mother said typically bear hugging me as tight as she could. She gave a bright smile as she took her arms away.

"Yeah missed you guys t-to!" I replied, trying to get my breathing back on track.

"Visit more, okay?"

"Nae," I noded as I slipped out of her grip. I walked over to little my brother, Jaehyun and ruffled his hair."Be good to mom and dad from now on, or you're gonna get it.Got it?"

"No you're gonna get it!" He mocked back. He stuck his tongue out and made a escape before I could grab him.

"That little-"

"Mani." My mom said in a stern voice.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry." I coed."I will be back maybe tomorrow. I have to unpack back at home.."

"You don't need help? I can call your older sist-"

"No mom! I got this. You guys have done enough for me already." I headed toward the front door and rested my hand on the door handle. I swung the door open and looked back at her. "Bye." 

"Bye, Be safe!" I heard her say before closing the door behind me.

I made my way over to my car and unlocked it.

I let out a small sigh as I got in and slammed the door shut."They got me a car.." I whispered sticking the key in the ignition and turning it on."They got me a apartment.." I reached down and put it in reverse before backing out."But they can't get me anything I actually want?"

I shook my head and began to stroll down the road. I made my way out the neighborhood, Stopping occasionally for pedestrains to walk by. That got pretty tiring after a while, But here in the mists of Seoul, Not everyone owns a car. It's all about walking. Unless your heading across town or down to Ulsan or Gwangju, You might want to result to a bus if that's the case.

I miss living here in Seoul. I forgot how exciting my own country is. After not living here for six years, you tend to forget what it feels like.

I stopped hard at a red light, giving my own self whiplash. I'm pretty sure the people in the cars on both sides of me were looking at me like I'm some kind of idiot or something.

Hey, It wasn't my fault.

I sighed and turn on the radio.

Deo gapjin seonmullo neoege bodaphaejugoman sipeosseo geuraesseo~ 

A voice sang threw my speaker.

Haneulwiiro naraganeun kkumeul hangsang naneun kkugon haesseosseo~
Keuraesseo~

Neol wihaeseo,
Geu nuguboda deo nopge naraoreulkke~
Nae dwieseo yeongwonhi jikyeobwajwo,
Deo keuge sorichyeojwo, Wow~

I nodded my head to the beat a bit as I sped off from the light. The song wasn't half bad, and the people's vocal's were no joke.

"And that was shake it by-" I reached over and changed the radio station to another pop station.

After what seemed like forever, I pulled into a plaza. I discovered I was hungry. It was the beginning of summer, the perfect place to eat would be at the frozen yogurt shop. 

 

 

"Thank you, enjoy." The cashier thanked as I grabbed my tray of frozen yogurt from his hands. I turned around and made my way to a empty table near the window.


Strawberry, vanilla, and mango are the three flavors I got. They were my favorites.This was the only place I know that makes the best frozen yogurt. With all the little decorations on top of it. Junseo's, The building it's self was really colorful and amazing. I used to come here with my ex. He loved it here.

"Ahh, I want mochi ..." I looked over at the neon colored machine across the room. The label sign read 'Mochi'. Beside that it said twenty cents each. That was a reasonable prince since they made them so big.

I bit my lip and slid out of my chair. I grabbed my purse and headed over to the machine.

The door slammed open when a pile of men wearing suits and sunglasses barged in. After them a man and a group of boys walked up to the cashier.

"Ohh, manager hyung can I order first!" One cried out wrapping his arms around the tall man's waist.

"Yah, Ricky wait." He responded bluntly.

A few seconds after that a tall boy with brown long hair ran in, He looked around jingling coins in his hand."Mochi!" He yelled.

I hurried and picked which flavor I wanted so I wouldn't have to worry about this idiot screaming into my ear. I glanced down at the ground and noticed that my change had fell onto the ground."," I hissed looking inside my purse to see a small hole at the bottom."Really ..?"

Today was just not my day. 

"Mochi Mochi!" He chants behind me.

I picked up the rest of my money off the floor. I had shoved them into my pants pocket when I stood back up. 

This ruined my mood. I didn't even want mochi anymore.

I turned around and accidentally bumped into the boy."Oh, Sorry-" I said looking up at him.And in that moment, my eyes grew wide.

This .. can't .. be ..

"Oh no, Gwenchana. Hey, were you going to buy some mochi?"

I nodded shyly.

"I'll buy it for you, if you want." He smiled gracefully.

His smile is still the same..

"Niellie!" A girl screamed. She quickly walked over to him and clenched on to his arm."Oppa, You will share your mochi with me right?" She said in a cute questioning voice.

"Nae babe, ofcourse." He responded as he nodded.

Babe?

She glanced over at me and grimaced."Who's this?"

"Oh no one, I offered to buy her some mochi since she was having trouble with her change."

"I-I got this." I replied in a soft voice.

I don't know whether to be scared or happy. This is Daniel, The boy I loved two years ago. What was he doing here, Who is this girl?

I quickly moved past him when someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me toward them. It was the tall man that the boy was hugging from earlier.

".. Uhm, Excuse m-"

"You." He started."Have the face." He moved his hands to rub over my cheeks,.

"Uh-"

"You're the one I've been looking for." He let go of my face then gave me a good shake.

"Excuse me?" I said surprisingly."I .. Don't .. Know you .."

He took a lock of my hair into his hand."You, are going to be the next face, of all T.O.P entertainment commercials, our next video girl, our model. Ahh you will be the first!"

"What-" I replied blankly.

"Join our agency! You're perfect!"

"Sir, I rea-"

"Here's my card." He reached down into his pocket and pulled out a small piece of card stock. He stuck out his hand."Call that number, ask for Syung Hun, I'll give you my address. And hopefully you consider working for us!"

I was still blank with a horrified look on my face.

"Mananger hyung you're scaring the poor girl." Niel said while wrapping his arm around the girl's shoulder.

"Oh! Sorry." He cleared his throat."Call that number, ask for Syung Hun, Then me and you can talk."

I nodded and turned to quickly walk away. I don't even grab my frozen yogurt. It's probably melted by now. I just run out the store, making my way to my car as fast as I can. I can feel the tears ready to be released. Once I got in my car, tears began to run down my cheeks.

What am I crying for? It's been six years, of course he isn't going to remember me. Ofcourse he's gonna have another girlfriend.

Of course you need to get over it, you left him sulking. 

I thought.