Chapter 22

This love is just your crazy obsession

      Leaving his things in the front entry, as usual, Ji Yong made his way into the apartment and saw Sungyeol's phone lying on the counter in the middle of the kitchen. "Babo, must've forgot it. He'll probably be over in the morning looking for it." he thought. Looking back to the entry for his bag Ji Yong also noticed that Sungyeol's shoes were kicked off into the corner "Is he here?"

      "Yah, Sungyeol? Lee Sungyeol..?" he called out.

      "Ji Yong?" 

      "I'm in the kitchen an-"

      "I think you'd better come over here." Worried, Ji Yong made his way to Mi Nah's room to see Yong Guk sitting in the corner with his head hung low and, more importantly, you in Sungyeol's arms crying your eyes out. He noticed that your night shirt was hanging off your shoulder and the burns were showing.

      "What the hell.." Ji Yong whispered to himself. Going over to you, he grabbed your arm, pulling you away from Sungyeol unintentionally, and looked at the burns close up. He let your arm go and turned to Sungyeol "Get her out of here and cleaned up I'll take care of this." Without question he obeyed and Sungyeol led you outside of your room and into the living room. Dejected, you stared at the floor and felt the tears continuously going down your cheeks but you had no energy left to wipe them away.

 

      Meanwhile, back in your room Ji Yong started down at the pathetic heap that was Yong Guk.

      "Get up" he ordered through clenched teeth. When Yong Guk made no effort to move, although it was clear that he had heard him, Ji Yong pulled him up off of his feet.

      "What?" Yong Guk asked.

      "What the did you do to her?" 

      "Nothing" he chuckled "I simply tried to get the most important girl in my life to remember me. You remember me don't you Ji Yong, or should I say G-Dragon?"

      "Shut up! And I do remember you. That scrawny little kid who spent more time at our house than his own, right? But frankly, I don't care who you are. Nothing give you the right to touch my baby sister and I'm going to make sure you never do it again."

      "Do your worst." Yong Guk said as he glared at Ji Yong.

 

      Back in the living room, Sungyeol brought over a bowl of water and a towel. He pressed the wet towel to your shoulder then instructed you to hold it there while he went and searched for some ointment and gauze. It took him a few minutes but he finally found it and just as he was about to start patching you up, you stopped him.

      "Let me go and have a shower first."

      "Oh, okay" Sungyeol seemed a bit confused but he let you go.

      After quickly undressing you left your problems behind and stepped into the shower. Slowly you kept raising the heat until it wouldn't go any higher and after a while its relaxing properties wore off but you didn't turn it down. Leaving the bathroom feeling rather somber you returned to the living room to see Sungyeol exactly where he was before. 

      "Ready?" he asked. You nodded in return. Taking a seat next to Sungyeol, you kept quiet as a mouse while he went to work on treating you burn, luckily it was only a minor one. Your wet hair fell past your shoulders in front of your eyes, in fact, you could barely keep your eyes open. Taking that shower made you realize just how tired you were and on top of that it lulled you into an even deeper state of weariness. Sungyeol's voice broke your clouded web of thoughts.

      "Mi Nah?" 

      "Hm?"

      "Are you okay? I asked if you needed anything else but I don't think you heard me."

      "I'm just really tired." Sungyeol craned his neck to look at the time on the kitchen stove.

      "Omo it's already three am! You're tired aren't you?" wordlessly you nodded. Part of you wanted to go and curl up with your blanket and forget everything that happened but the other half didn't know if you could ever set foot in that room again. That shower barely got rid of the dirty feeling  you had and going back in there would remind you of all of it again. Your mind couldn't concentrate on anything for more than a few seconds and you kept slipping up - all you wanted was some sleep. Sungyeol left and returned a few seconds later with a brush in his hand. "C'mere Mi Nah." You looked up and saw Sungyeol gesturing to the space on the floor in front of him. "I remember how you used to beg me to brush your hair when you were little. You said I had the magic touch, heh. You can't go to sleep with knots in your hair." Sungyeol gave you a weak smile and it was then that you noticed the dark circles under his eyes and how tired he looked - you felt kind of bad but you let him brush your hair anyway.

      Sitting there on the floor you felt the fibers of the brush run through your hair and effortlessly untangling all the knots as if by magic. It soothed you to the point where you caught yourself nodding off once. Just then Ji Yong emerged from your bedroom with Yong Guk in tow and Sungyeol stopped brushing. 

      "Min Hyuk will be here to pick him in a few minutes. Can you take him outside Sungyeol?"

      "I got it" he assured. With that Sungyeol and Yong Guk left the two Kwon siblings alone. You didn't dare make a move so instead you kept staring at the floor; you could practically feel Ji Yong staring at you from behind but he didn't say a word either. The both of you remained there for a moment with out saying anything until you couldn't bear the silence anymore. 

      "Oppa"

      "Yeah?" Ji Yong croaked.

      "I can't go back in that room." Your voice cracked towards the end and tears began well up in your eyes again. "I can't.."

      "It's okay Mi Nah, I don't expect you too. You can sleep in my bed tonight, okay?" Once again, you nodded. Getting up off the sofa you walked over to your older brother as he led you into his bedroom. 

      Ji Yong threw all the things that littered his bed onto the floor and pulled back the covers for you. Taking shelter underneath the blanket you looked up at Ji Yong and began to apologize.

      "I'm s-" Ji Yong cut you off mid-sentence.

      "Stop goddamn apologizing! You have no reason at all to be sorry for anything Mi Nah, nothing that happened tonight is your fault, understand?"

      "Because of me you have to sleep on the couch."

      "Aish, how long have you lived here? Don't you remember we have a guest bedroom with a bed too?

      "I forgot."

      "I swear, if your head wasn't screwed on, you'd lose that too!" Ji Yong joked. "Go to sleep now." As he got up to switch off the light and leave you tugged on his sleeve to stop him.

      "Don't go yet."

      "Okay, I'll stay with you until you fall asleep."

      "Promise?" you asked.

      "Promise" Ji Yong assured. True to his word, he stayed with you until you fell into a deep sleep.