A Painful Flashback

I'm in love with the girl I love's best friend ♥♥

~At the playground~

Hoya: Remember this place huh Sungyeol?

SY: *smirked*

Hoya: I will never forget this place. It’s my, your and Myungsoo’s favorite place. Do you remember Sungyeol?

SY: How can I forget this place? After school, we go here and play and laugh all day. I remembered when Myungsoo saw his first crush here.

Hoya: Eunjae. How is she?

SY: She’s great. I think.

Hoya: Did you see her?

SY: Didn’t you know it? She’s at Guam.

Hoya: what is she doing there?

SY: Aish! Why are you so late at news?

Hoya: I’m sorry. You’re not informing me.

SY: Eunjae is already a model at Guam and she’s very popular there and even here at Korea.

Hoya: Did Myungsoo know about it?

SY: Of course. When Eunjae went there, Myungsoo followed her. He was expecting that he will get her back here at Korea but he was wrong.

Hoya: are they okay?

SY: For Eunjae and L, they’re okay but in my opinion, they’re not.

Hoya: I’m not asking for your opinion Sungyeolie. So..

SY: So what?

Hoya: before you tell me what happened to you at Guam, why didn’t you inform me about you going to Guam, huh Sungyeolie?

SY: I informed you.

Hoya: No you didn’t.

SY: Yes, I did. You were drunk that’s why you can’t remember it.

Hoya: Oh I see.

SY: You want me to start now?

Hoya; Wait wait wait. Why did you go to Guam? For what reason? All I know is you don’t have any relatives at Guam and you don’t like to take vacations. So why?

SY: If I’m going to answer your question, it means I’m also going to start the story.

Hoya: I’m ready.

SY: *took a deep breath* the reason why Eunjae went to Guam is because she wants to get away from L. You knew about it right?

Hoya: Yeah. That Eunjae doesn’t like L. Yeah. I knew about it.

SY: It only means that Eunjae doesn’t want to see L anymore. When Eunjae left, L was really in pain. He changed a lot. He focused on his dad’s business. But he can’t move on with Eunjae. He still loves her. That’s way he decided to follow her at Guam. Actually he didn’t know her address there.

Hoya: Then how did he find her there?

SY: It’s because of her best friend, JC. JC has a bookstore and the land where her bookstore was standing is for sale. L took that opportunity. The owner of that land is his father. He said that he’ll ask his dad not to sell the land but for one condition, JC will help L with Eunjae.

Hoya: Desperate L.

SY: From that time, I feel like JC is in trouble. I knew it. That’s why I went to Guam.

Hoya: It’s kind of confusing Sungyeolie. Who is this JC? a girl or a boy?

SY: A girl.

Hoya: *wide eyes* Oh, I see.

“I think I know now who JC is to Sungyeol’s life.” Hoya thought.

Hoya: Can you tell me who JC is?

SY: *sweetly smiles* Park Jae Cath is her real name. People used to call her JC. She’s a very good friend. Anything you ask, she’ll give it to you. She gives importance to her friends. She values her friends so much. She has a very sweet smile that could make you smile too all day. Her laugh is heaven. The way she moves is so gentle like a flower. Her heart is as fragile as the flowers. It has to be protected because if not, tears from her eyes won’t stop falling. When she cries, the whole world is dark, there’s no life.

Hoya: So you decided to be her Knight in shining armor?

SY: Yes. But I left that position to L.

Hoya: What do you mean? I thought he’s there for Eunjae.

SY: L slowly realizes that he’s falling in love with JC. I confessed to JC about my feelings for her and the next day, L also confessed. Even if JC doesn’t admit it, she’s also falling in love with L and I saw how JC falls in love with him.

Hoya: It hurts on your part.

SY: *smirked* yes it is. But I continued protecting her. Until one day, I have realized that if I’ll continue this, I will lose Myungsoo, my best friend and JC.

Hoya: that’s why you came back here.

SY: I came back here so that I can keep them both.

Hoya: woah. I think.. that’s awful. You let go of the girl you really love just to save your friendship with L. I salute you.

SY: it was never easy.

Hoya; and it will never be easy.

SY: but… I’m worried.

Hoya: worried for what?

SY: I’m worried about them both. I know someday, they will come back here together either happy or sad or maybe they’re not together anymore. I think Eunjae wants L.

Hoya; what do you think will happen?

SY: I don’t know.

Hoya: *tapped Sungyeol’s shoulder* You know what, if you did not make JC yours, maybe there’s someone that will make you happy more than JC can do.

SY: I haven’t heard you giving a good advice.

Hoya: Well, I’m interested to meet JC.

SY: You’ll meet her someday.

Hoya: You’ll see her again someday.

SY: *chuckled*

Hoya: *also chuckled* let’s play with the kids.

SY: are you sure? We’re not kids anymore.

Hoya: Yes we are. *grabbed Sungyeol’s hand.*

After the flashback, Hoya and Sungyeol played with the kids and Sungyeol temporarily forgot about you that afternoon and he really wish that he will forget about you permanently and love Janni for the rest of his life.

~The end of the chapter~

“I wonder what’s happening with L, JC and Eunjae at Guam. Hmm…” ~ Author’s thought