Truth

I'm in love with the girl I love's best friend ♥♥

~Morning~

L waked up 7 am in the morning to prepare something special for you. After what happened yesterday, he wanted to make something that will make you feel better since he didn’t make it to wipe your tears away. He prepared a song for you as your wake call. He prepared breakfast and of course he prepared his self for you.

*At your room*

He slowly went to your table and quietly prepared your breakfast. A smiling ketchup with an egg on the center and formed the bacon into I LOVE YOU on your plate. He stupidly smiles while preparing a coffee. After the preparation, he went to your bed.

He glanced at your sleeping face and saw the leftover tears. He slowly kissed your forehead. He took his guitar and sat on the chair in front of you and started singing.

Here’s the lyrics:

Verse I:

I’m sorry.

You’re crying.

I don’t even know the reason why.

Girl, I’m not a fool.

I’m dying.

Hearing,

All of those tears I know that came from me.

Girl, are we okay?

Chorus:

Everyday-eh-eh-eh-eh

You’re smiling in front of me.

That will always make my day.

But baby why –ah –ah –ah

Your tears are falling in your face

Why do you have to hide it?

Verse II:

I’m sorry.

I’m hurtin’

I can’t even be a man for you

But I love you so.

I promise

Remember,

There’s not a thing I can’t do for you my girl.

Cause I love you so…

~End~

You slowly opened your eyes. L was just waiting for you to open your eyes after he sang.

You: *continued the song* I’m sorry.  You’re hurting. I’m just afraid to see you in pain. Cause I’m cryin’

L: You’re not supposed to be afraid. Honestly, I don’t even care how much pain I’ll get but to see you in pain because of me is the thing that I can’t really handle.

You: It’s not because of you L.

L: *smirk* you really love to create white lies.

You: *slowly stood up from bed*

L: *went to you*

You: You created the song?

L: Yes.

You: *sweetly smiled* I like my wake up call.

L: it’s good to hear that.

~At the table~

You were about to take your breakfast when you suddenly softly laughed.

L: I’m sorry. I don’t know how to make an art on the food.

You: *laughs* It’s cute. Don’t worry. Thank you for the effort.

While taking your breakfast with L, there was an awkward silence.

You: *cleans throat* Thank you for the song.

L: I made it for a purpose.

You: Purpose?

L: if you’re saying that the pain you feel is not because of me then why are you crying?

You: Is that your purpose? To know the reason why those tears are falling?

L: Yes. Because how can I take away all the pain if I don’t even know where it’s coming from.

You: *puts down the spoon* Don’t make me look stupid. I know it L.

L: What do you mean?

You: The way you look at Eunjae’s eyes. The way you talk to her. The way you touch her. All of that are way different on how you look, talk and touch me. You still love her. You were avoiding her during the photo shoot because you knew I was watching you but when I’m not, you almost give your attention to her.

L: how can you say that JC?

You: You can’t lie to me L. I deeply stared at your face when Eunjae’s around. Your smile is sparkling.

L: If I’m still in love with her, do you think I’d court you? I fell in love with you and I love you that’s why you’re my girlfriend.

You: or you just courted me because you want me to cover your heart’s hole because Eunjae left you?

L: Is that the reason why you’re crying and you can’t even face me with tears on your eyes?

You: Yes. So, can you take the pain away now?

L: *didn’t answer*

You: *closed your eyes * Sungyeol told me one day, you had a conversation with him. You asked him to protect me because you’re not sure if you can protect me. Why?

L: Because I’m afraid. I’m afraid that maybe I’ll be the one to hurt you someday. That is why I asked Sungyeol to protect you. I know he will do.

You: then how can you take all the pain away if you can’t even protect me?

L: You’re my girlfriend. You’re my responsibility.

You: No. I know now what’s behind my tears. You courted me and that really hurts. *stood up and was about to go away**

L: I can’t be a man for you.

You: *paused*

L: I’m sorry. *looked down and closed his eyes*

You: No, L. You can’t be a man on every girl you love. *walked away*

~After 9 hours~

It’s almost 5 PM and you were sitting at the park’s bench watching the children play with their parents and other kids. You were smiling as you watch them laughing, running like they don’t have a problem with their life and they just enjoy each moment that were given to them by fate. Suddenly that smile slowly fades away when deep thoughts come up into your mind.

Your thought:

*Kids are so lucky. They don’t have problems to think about. They just enjoy life with their parents. And if they have a problem, there is a solution prepared like if they lost their toy, their parents will buy for them but if that toy is their favorite one and can’t be replaced, that is the problem you can’t even find a solution. You just have to wait until they forget about it as new toys come along. If we compare it to a real life, it’s totally different. If you lost someone, something, waiting for you to forget it is not a solution. There is no solution. It will be forever in your heart until it turns into a scar. Broken relationships, truth and hurts, lies, choices, chances, situation that is complicated, these are the things that make a person’s life so complicated unlike the kids. Lost toys, got hit by the ball, left the kid alone in the house, craving for food, these things are not that complicated for kids. If I were to describe my relationship with L, I have no description. I don’t know what is the truth about his feelings for me, between Eunjae and him. I am so confused. But I’m sure about my feelings for him but not the relationship I have with him as a girlfriend. I’m scared. Most of the couple who broke up has no communication with each other again. I don’t want that happen. I don’t want to lose him.*

Suddenly,

Old lady: What if he chooses to lose you?

You: *looked at the old lady who sat beside you* you can read my mind?

Old Lady (OL): Yes. I always read people’s mind I find interesting.

You: that’s amazing.

OL: You’re full of doubts. Your situation is very similar with the kids. Your problem is very simple.

You: You don’t understand.

OL: If you love him, fight for him, fight for it and fight for yourself.

You: but what if-

OL: What if he doesn’t fight for you because he has someone else?

You: *slowly nodded*

OL: You don’t have to make it complicated. It’s simple. You’re not destined this time. If fate really wants you both to have a happy ending, it will make a way if you will just trust. I have watched so many love stories at the big screen. They have different situations, problems, choices but one thing that is constant, the movies end up with happy ever after no matter how many times the two lovers break up. You know why? Because there is fate. They trusted fate.

You: but not all love stories end up with happy ending.

OL: You’re right. It’s because they got scared of fighting the love they believed in. So, how will you end your love story?

You: I don’t know. It’s complicated. But it doesn’t mean I’m scared of fighting. He’s confused about his feelings. I’m not even sure about his feelings for me. I’m willing to fight although consequences will follow.

OL: I bet he is also willing to fight for you if you will just show him why are you fighting for him and how much you love him and how ready are you to face the consequences just because you fought for him. Base on my observation, you show negativity at him.

You: am I?

OL: Yes. Don’t let yourself and your love for him be eaten by doubts. *stood up* Alright.

You: Where are you going? I’ll ride you home.

OL: No. I’m fine. Thank you.

You: May I know your name?

OL: May.

You> May?

OL: May… Oh I’m sorry I forgot my surname.

You: Uhmm… ma’am May…

OL: Call me grandma.

You: Okay. Grandma, can we have coffee?

OL: Okay, if it’s your treat.

You: Sure, grandma.

~At the coffee shop~

You: I think you have already so much knowledge about my love story problem, grandma. How about you?

OL: *chuckled* You’re just wasting your time.

You: Wasting my time? I’m serious grandma. Tell me about your love story.

OL: Both happy and sad ones?

You: It’s up to you grandma.

OL: Okay. *drinks coffee* my first love was my friend, best friend, crying shoulder, enemy, boyfriend and I also treat him as my brother because he’s over protective to me. We’ve been together since we’re a kid. We were in same grade and school. At first, he’s my ultimate enemy. My enemy in everything. Until we took college at the same school. We’ve become best friends. Until we both realized we’re falling in love with each other. We both didn’t confess about our feelings for each other. We kept it until we graduated. After graduation, we both have become so much busy on our career. One day, he confessed at me that he loves me since he met me. But I have been accepted by the company I’ve applied at London. He didn’t ask me to choose. That time I love him but my career is also important to me. I chose my career and explained the reason why to him. He didn’t say anything. He just stared at me and smiling and nodded in every word I let go. I don’t know what’s on his mind. The day finally came. The airplane flew high to London. I didn’t know that will be the last conversation I have with him.

You: What happened?

OL: He was on his way to the airport to stop me from my flight when suddenly he got hit by a car. *closed her eyes*

You: I’m sorry grandma.

OL: It’s okay. *wipes tears*

You: how did you know about the incident?

OL: His mother told me. I kneeled down on the floor of my room and cried. I killed him.

You: Grandma.

OL: I didn’t fight. I killed him. That’s why I’m here alone.

You: it’s not your fault grandma. Like you said, you’re not destined to be together, well, maybe not in this world but in heaven.

OL: Thank you honey. But you know what; I’ve always trusted fate when it comes to love. We’re the one responsible ending up our love story and I took the wrong way. So you better fight for him. If you choose between him and a thing that is important to you, choose him because money, material can’t overcome the happiness his love can give.

You smiled at her and wiped her tears.

~After having a coffee~

You: where do you live grandma?

OL: Oh don’t worry. I’ll just ride a cab.

You: Are you sure?

OL: Yeah. Go home and tell him I love you so much.

You: *Chuckled* Thank you grand ma.

OL: Here’s the cab now.

You: Okay. Take care.

~At your room~

L didn’t leave. He just stayed at your room, sitting at the side of the window. He was playing guitar and sing the song he played early in the morning for you.

Verse I:

I’m sorry.

You’re crying.

I don’t even know the reason why.

Girl, I’m not a fool.

I’m dying.

Hearing,

All of those tears I know that came from me.

Girl, are we okay?

Chorus:

Everyday-eh-eh-eh-eh

You’re smiling in front of me.

That will always make my day.

But baby why –ah –ah –ah

Your tears are falling in your face

Why do you have to hide it?

Verse II:

I’m sorry.

I’m hurtin’

I can’t even be a man for you

But I love you so.

I promise

Remember,

There’s not a thing I can’t do for you my girl.

Cause I love you so…

~End~

Suddenly you entered and continued the song with different lyrics.

You: I’m sorry. I left you. I’m just afraid of losing you ma boy. Cause I love you so. I’ve realized. Remember. I’ll be here by your side forevermore. And this I promise you.

L: *looked at you* that’s nice.

You: hey.

L: *placed the guitar at the sofa and went to you.*

You: I’m sorry about this morning.

L: shh. It’s okay baby. *kissed your forehead*

You: *kissed L on his lips and whispered* I love you so much L.

L; *smiled* I love you more JC. *hugged you so tight* I promise. I will be a man for you.

You: I promise also that I will fight for us.

~End of the day~