Chapter 51 : Till when?

Perhaps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 52: Till when will it last


TAP! TAP! TAP!

“Excuse me..oh, sorry.. “

A tall girl quickly apologized to the nurse that she accidently bumped into. Another two girls were following her closely behind. They seemed to be rush to somewhere.

“Room 21..room 21...” She mumbled to herself as she looked at the doors.

As she reached at the front of the room, she stopped as she tried to calm herself who was panting due to the run that she just did, all the way from the lobby to here. Her hands were trembling as she reached for the door knob and slowly pushed it opened.

“Here they are!” Jessica announced as she saw the three familiar faces.

The room was full with people. Yet, Sooyoung’s eyes were fixed on a certain girl who was sitting on the bed, fully awake with smile plastered on her face. Instinctively, tears b in her eyes. She felt as if she was dreaming. She couldn’t believe her eyes.

Noticing her fiancé’s condition, Sunny slowly patted her back and gave a slight push as the taller girl took a step forward and walked towards her best friend. She stood still beside the bed and stared at the girl.

“Aren’t you going to hug me or something?”

And just like that, she broke into tears as she heard Yoona’s voice. Now, she was definitely sure that she wasn’t dreaming. She rushed towards Yoona and hugged her.

“AH!”

Sooyoung quickly pulled herself back as she heard Yoona winced in pain. She looked at her worriedly and apologetically.

“So—Sorry. Are you—“

Yoona grinned at her as she shook her head. She smiled and pulled Sooyoung into her arms once again.

“I miss you, Soo.”

Sooyoung cried harder in Yoona’s arms after she heard her confession. It almost drove her crazy while waiting for Yoona to wake up and now that she has, the anxieties that have been filling her heart were all gone. She was really glad and thankful to have her best friend back in her life.

“Yah! Shikshin! Hurry up. It’s my turn now! Move,move!!”

Hyoyeon who was standing behind her complained which caused the others broke into laughs. Finally, the day seemed even brighter at the awaken deer.


~~~~~


“No! I don’t want to~~”

Sunny rolled her eyes. Even after being together for years, she still couldn’t take Sooyoung’s childish act sometime. And right now, she was doing it again.

“Baby, let’s go home. Yoona need to rest.”

“No. I want to stay with her~” She whined as she quickly linked her arm with Yoona.

“I’m really sure that Yoona won’t be having any rest if you’re here. Come on!”

“Why can she stay??” She pouted while pointing at the innocent Yuri who was sitting quietly on the couch.

“Cause we said so and only one person is allowed to stay. So, move your NOW.” Jessica said to the sulking shikshin.

“But—“

“CHOI SOOYOUNG! Let’s go.” Sunny said sternly.

Sooyoung fell to silent as she heard her bunny calling her full name. It was never a good thing when Sunny called her full name with that kind of voice. She would just get herself into trouble if she kept on being persistent. She sighed heavily as she released Yoona’s arm and walked slowly towards Sunny.

“Bye…Yoona.” She said sadly while making a puppy face. But, as she turned to face Yuri, her expression changed. “You!” She raised her hand, and moved her thumb across her neck while mouthing “you die”. “AH! OUchhh~ Baby that’s hurt!” She winced in pain as her fiancé pulled her ear and dragged her towards the door.

“Sorry Yuri…” Sunny said apologetically at Yuri who was speechless but soon chuckled at Sooyoung’schildish action.

Yoona laughed at the duo as she waved to them.

“See you tomorrow, sis.” Jessica gave a peck on her cheek before leaving hand in hand with Taeyeon.

“Don’t take it personally. Sometime Sooyoung could be a bit immature but she never meant that.” Yoona said calmly as she looked at Yuri.

“You’ve got such a weird and scary friends...” Yuri said while making a terrified look.

“Hahaha...I know.”

Suddenly, they both fell into silent. Since Yoona had woke up, the room was filled with her family and friends. Yuri didn’t get the chance to talk or even be alone with Yoona. But, now that she got the chance, she didn’t know what to do.

Yoona stared at Yuri who was yawning. She chuckled lightly at the sight.

“Tired?”

Yuri was caught off guard at the sudden question. Yet, she smiled and nodded her head. She was actually tired since she didn’t have any rest today. She looked at her watch. It was almost 11 PM. Lazily, she got up and went to the wardrobe at the corner of the room, to take her blanket.

“Where are you going?”

“Huh? Oh...getting my blanket.” She answered. But, she stopped on her way as she turned to look at Yoona who was still staring at her. She felt nervous.

“Yul.”

“Hm?”

“Come here.”

Yuri stood there for awhile, contemplating whether she should go or not. Yet, she slowly took a step and went towards Yoona.

As she stood beside Yoona, she was a bit taken as she saw the girl scooted over and leaved a space beside her. She stared at her and gave a questioning look.

“I don’t how long have you been sleeping on the couch but I’m pretty sure that it’s not really comfortable. Well, I’m awake now...you might as well share the bed with me instead of continue hurting your back by sleeping the couch.”

“It—it’s okay. I’m used to it. Besides, you’re the patient. I shouldn’t be burdening you.” She said as she turned around.

But, Yoona quickly grab her arm.

“Then don’t. Seeing you sleeping on that couch is burdening me.” She said slowly as she lightly pulled the tanned girl towards her.

Unable to counter back, Yuri followed as she said. She laid down next to Yoona with her back facing her. She was tired and sleepy awhile ago but being in the same bed as Yoona, had made it all gone away. Yet, inside her heart, she was jumping excitedly as she could be closer with the deer again. How she wished she could hugged the girl and told her how much she missed her...how much she was worried about her...

On the other hand, Yoona stayed silent as she stared at the back of the tanned girl. She still remembered Yuri’s reaction when she realised that she was awake. Her eyes were sparkling with joy. Although she didn’t have the chance to talk to her, somehow she knew that Yuri has been staying with her all this while. And she was right when the others told her about it. She was really touched by Yuri’s kindness.

Slowly, she wrapped her hand around Yuri’s waist and pulled her closer. She could feel the girl was getting tensed as their bodies got closer.

“Are you feeling uncomfortable...?” She slowly asked.

Yuri who was surprised by the sudden intimacy shook her head. Yes, she was surprised with Yoona’s action but how can she felt uncomfortable when she was in Yoona’s arms? Slowly, her tense faded away as she relaxed herself in Yoona’s embraced. Yet, her eyes got teary as she released all of the burden inside her heart. As much as she tried to be positive, she couldn’t deny that there were times where she was terrified at the thought of losing Yoona. But now, having Yoona’s arms around her had made her feeling so grateful to have Yoona back. Slowly she wiped her tears and tried to control her sobs as she didn’t want to make the girl worried.

“Shh...I’m here now. Don’t cry anymore...” She whispered as she tightened her arms around Yuri.

Yuri smiled as she heard Yoona’s whispers. Yoona still had not lost her sensitivity as she was fully aware or her cries. She tried to hold her tears as she put her hand over Yoona’s and closed her eyes.Like any other night, she sleepover at Yoona’s room but tonight was different as she was sleeping in Yoona’s arms instead of the couch. And for the first time in many nights, she managed to sleep soundly through the night.

I miss you, Yoong...


+++++


“Okay, just lift your left leg slowly...” The nurse instructed Yoona.

“Ah..!” She winced in pain as she was struggling to move her leg.

“Slowly...slowly... you don’t have to rush.”

Yoona frowned and bit her bottom lip as she tried to endure the pain when she moved her leg. Due to the accident, she had injured her left leg pretty bad. It has been few days since she started her therapy sessions.

“You’re doing good! Keep it up…come on…” The nurse compliment as she tried to give support to the determined girl.

Not far away from them, Hye Sun stood while watching her little sister who was giving a lot of effort into the therapy. She smiled proudly as she saw the determination in her face.

“How is she doing?”

Hye Sun turned to face the tanned girl who suddenly appeared next to her.

“Great.”

Suddenly she frowned. “Aren’t you supposed to be at work now?”

Yuri sighed.

“How can I focus on my work when my mind is always thinking about her?”

Hye Sun chuckled lightly as she saw her pouting. She knew that Yuri was really upset and frustrated when Yoona kept on telling her to go to work. No matter what Yuri said, the doe eyes didn’t accept it as she had banned Yuri from spending too much time on her during the work days.

“OH!” Suddenly Yuri yelped and rushed towards Yoona who was now on her knees. Hye Sun followed her.

“Yoong! Are you okay? Are you hurt?” She asked worriedly.

Yoona grinned at them while shaking her head.

“I’m fine. Just a slip. Don’t worry.” She said as she tried to get up.

Yuri quickly held her arm and helped her. As they stood together, Yoona tilted her head towards Yuri and frowned.

“Why are you here?” She asked seriously.

“Err…I—I..urm..hehe…I come to see you.” She grinned while scratching her head.

Yoona pouted.

“It’s 2 PM. You should be in your office right now. Yul, you’ve been ditching your works for so long. You can’t keep doing that. Plus, you’ve already came to see me this morning.”

Yuri was about to argued back but Yoona was faster than her.

“Don’t say you didn’t. I’ve asked the nurse.” Yuri sighed defeatedly.

“Fine…I’ll go now.” She said disappointedly.

As she took few steps way, suddenly Yoona called her. She quickly turned her back.

“See you tonight, okay?”Yoona winked and smiled at her.

Yuri’s expression changed immediately as she saw the angelic smile. She nodded eagerly and walked towards the exit with a wide smile on her face. She couldn’t wait to finish her work and come back later tonight.


+++++


-2 weeks later-

It was 9.45PM as Yuri walked excitedly into the elevator and pressed the familiar button. She just came back from her 3 days meeting in Japan. It was such a torturing days for Yuri as she had to stay away from her deer. As soon as landed, she rushed her way to the hospital, to meet her. Although she was drained from all the works and the long flight, the thought of meeting the lovely doe eyes and the angelic smile had vanish all the tiredness.


“You have to go.”

“No~ I don’t want to. Pleasee~~” She whined.

“Yul, it’s such an important meeting for you to attend.”

“No! It’s not. They can manage it without me.”

“Don’t lie to me. I’ve already ask Gyuri.” She said sternly.

Yuri scolded herself for forgetting to inform Gyuri to not telling anything to Yoona.

“But how about you...”

“What about me? I’m doing fine here. Plus, I got the others to take care of me. You don’ have to be too worry about it.”

Yuri still stick to her decision. She couldn’t bear the feeling of being away from Yoona. She sat on the couch with her arm crossed.

“I don’t want to go. That’s it.”

Yoona sighed. The black pearl surely was a stubborn person. Well, she had no other choice then.
“Fine. If you’re not going, then I’m not going to my therapy anymore.” 

Yuri got up from the couch, shocked with Yoona’s threat.

“You can’t do that!”

“Yes I can and I will if you didn’t go to the meeting.” Yoona said calmly.

“Arghh! You!!” Yuri was frustrated with Yoona as she ruffled her hair.

Yoona smirked as looked at the frustrated Yuri.

“Fine! I’ll go.” Finally, Yuri gave in. As much as she wanted to stay with Yoona, she couldn’t be selfish and let Yoona stopped her therapy.



She slowly pushed the door opened and took a peek inside the room. To her surprise, the room was empty. She quickly walked into the room and looked for the girl.

“Yoong?” She said as she knocked on the toilet’s room, in case she was in there.

No answer.

Her heart started to beat harder as her mind started to think the worst possibility. She quickly ran to the counter and asked the nurse.

“Huh? Miss Im? Oh, she must be with the kids.”

“Kids?”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter