Chapter 32 : The black pearl

Perhaps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



A silver convertible Mercedes stopped in front of the Ritz Hotel’s entrance. A lady went out from the passenger sit.

“See you tomorrow ?” The driver asked before she closed the door.

“At 10.” She winked before closing it.

                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-

Yuri put her bag on the desk and slumped on the bed. It was such a tiring day for her. Yet, she felt like she didn’t want it to end. She smiled when she thought about the things she did today. This was indeed one of her best day ever.


“I’ve never been here.” Yuri said while they were walking along the street at the Abbesses neighbourhood. It was just west of Sacré Cœur. Some of these streets are lined with local butcher shops, bakeries, and artisans’ boutiques, others with bars, cafés and restaurants, while others still offer magical and unexpected views of the imposing Sacré Coeur. 

“This is where you’ll glimpse a slice of Parisian life in its most picturesque state.” Yoona said. “Okay, here we are.” She said as she took her hand and walked into the charming bistro, Jardin d’en Face.

“Bonjour.” Yoona said as the waitress came to them. She returned the smile and gave the menu.

Yuri looked through the menu. It serves traditional French dishes such as filet mignon, magret de canard, and souris d’agneau .Unable to decide, she looked up to Yoona who immediately understood.

“You’re fine with anything?” 

Yuri replied with a nod.

While Yoona made the order for both of them, she took a look around the bistro. It was a simple yet cozy decor that will transport the customer to an inviting garden complete with a vine-covered picket fence, a badminton racket, a few watering cans, and colorful sunflowers blossoming on the wall. Then, the well worn wooden tables plus the slate menus hanging on the wall. It was yet quite French dining experience for her.

“It’s really nice here, right? Not many people know this place.”

Yuri turned to faced Yoona who have done ordering their dinner. “Ya, it’s really nice. Feels like home.”

Yoona smiled upon the compliment. “Anyway, I’m sorry if I drag you too much. I know we did a lot of walks today. Well, to have a better view of this place, it’s better done by that way.”

She shook her head. “No regret at all. You’ve showed me a lot of beautiful places that I’ve never imagine I can be at. Thanks.”

“I’m glad you have fun.”

“Are you this nice to all the people you just met?” 

Yoona was quite surprised with the sudden question. Yet, she smiled at her before answering.

“ I’ve always being nice to anyone.” 

“Oh..” Yuri was a bit upset with the answer.

“But I am this nice with you only.” Yoona added while staring to her face.

Yuri felt her face heated as she heard her last words. She quickly avoided Yoona’s gazed while trying to calm herself. 

“Cute.” Yoona said in her mind. She loved to see the girl being all shy and blushed. It was so adorable.

                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-

“Merci.” They said as the waitress set their orders on the table. 

Both of them dig into their dishes when suddenly Yuri called Yoona.

“Yoona-yah..”

She looked up only to be greeted by a slice of filet in front of her. Yuri was holding the fork with the filet towards her.

“Huh?” She asked confusedly.

“You said, I only have to feed you in return of you being my tourist guide, right? So…here.”

Yoona was stunned with her action. When she said that Yuri had to feed her, she never meant that she had to literally feed her.

“My hand is getting tired here…” Yuri said while pouting.

Yoona timidly leaned forward and eat it. Then, she looked down at her own dish, trying to hide her blush. On the opposite side, Yuri was giggling at the sight of blushing Yoona in front of her. It was another side of Yoona that she managed to see today. Yet, she came to halt when Yoona held out her dish towards her lips.

“Try this.” She said slowly.

Yuri smiled shyly before eating it. “Hm, delicious!” She said while giving a thumb up.

Both of them broke into laughed. And throughout the dinner, they talked and laughed while feeding each other. They must have looked like a couple to the people around them, but none of that matter to them. All of the barriers are gone. They were able to discuss subjects they had never gotten into before like their secret hopes for the future, their biggest fears, everything. They feel closer to each other than before the dinner.



“Stop smiling like an idiot, Kwon!” A pillow was thrown right at her face. Yuri sat up and groaned.

“YAH!!”

Gyuri ignored the yell and sat beside her.

“Where have you been, this all day?”

Yuri frowned changed into an eye smile at the thought of the date that she had with Yoona.

“Out.” She answered dreamily.

Gyuri smirked. She knew that Yuri went out with the girl that she met at the Monet.

“She is such a beautiful lady. I must say, you catch a pretty good one.”

“GYUL.” Yuri said sternly. She stared at her.

“She’s not just another girl for me. She’s more than that.”

“More than what, Yuri?”

Yuri sighed. She lied down on the bed. “ I don’t know Gyul. It feels different whenever I’m with her. No lies, no pretentious. Nothing, at all. I’m just being my true self. She makes me feels alive.”

Gyuri just sat and listen to her words.

“You know how arrogant and flirty I can get whenever I hang out with the guys or girls. But with her, I’m helpless. I feel shy, awkward, yet comfortable…I don’t know what to do. On the other hand, every little thing she did for me just makes my hearts flutter. I felt weak in front of her, Gyul. Why? “

Gyuri smiled knowingly. She knew exactly the answer to all the things she said. But, she decided to let Yuri realised it on her own. She got up and went towards the door before came to halt. She turned around.

“Oh ya. You have some works to do tomorrow morning.”

Yuri sat up abruptly. “What?”

“Ya. Some sort of party by the organizer.”

Yuri sighed disappointedly. She already agreed to meet Yoona tomorrow. Moreover, she was really looking forward for the next meeting. Meanwhile, Gyuri who noticed the upset look on her best friend’s face, chuckled a bit.

“Yah! You don’t have to be so disappointed. You look ugly like that! Haha… Anyway, don’t worry. I’ll cover it for you. Just go and have fun with her.”

Yuri got up from the bed and ran towards Gyuri. She hugged the girl tightly while pecking her cheeks repeatedly.

“Thank you. Thank you. You’re the best, Gyul!”

Gyuri was trying her best to release herself from her grip and the kisses. She pushed Yuri’s face away from her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter