Chapter 2

Distractions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baozi: GOOD MORNING!!


The notification sound comes from my computer. I look at the time, fricking 6:00am.


Me: Dude it's 6, go back to sleep!!

Baozi: Have you forgotten what time school starts?

Me: No but it's a late start today, school doesn't start till 9

Baozi: Good, more time to talk to you

Me: No, go back to sleep

Baozi: Kk be back in an hour


My eyes fall shut again, it's too early for talking. We almost never have a late start at our school, so I intend to sleep in. I received another message an hour later, as Baozi had said. I ignored it till 7:30 and then finally read it.


Baozi: Morning, sunshine

Me: That's new

Baozi: What is? And what took you so long?

Me: Well normally you say "Morning boring day of and hi R_Darien" or more recently "GOOD MORNING"

Baozi: I can't express happiness to my favourite user on this ridiculous site?

Me: Lemme guess, I'm the only user you know on this site?

Baozi: No… Maybe...Yes

Me: Tsk tsk

Baozi: What!?

Me: Nothing, anyway since you wouldn't give me my precious sleep in, I'm going to school early and maybe finish up on some work I skipped out on last night.

Baozi: :(


I don't bother to answer to that, he'll get over himself. I get ready for school and grab my phone, if I need, I can reach the chatroom from their.

~

"So, what did he say this time?" Faerin asks flipping her hair in the mirror. I'm still not sure why we're in the girl's bathroom when neither of us have any business to do.

"Nothing out of the ordinary" I say staring at myself in the mirror.

"Oh come on!? How long have you been talking to this guy?"

"You already know the answer to that"

"Yeah, I'm just making sure you know. This guy's a wimp, he should've asked you out by now!"

"Come on, you don't mean that."

"I do, I know guys and this one, ain't a man worth waiting for"

"We'll maybe he's not a man, maybe Baozi is a girl"

"Have you asked 'her'?"

"No"

"Then let's assume it's a guy and talk about something else." She says finishing up her lipgloss. She offers me the bottle but I decline. I may be gifted artistically but my lips were nothing to brag about; the bags under my dull brown eyes are nothing to brag about either. Eyes and lips aside my whole face is nothing to brag about, it's so boring, dull brown hair with no volume and barely any waves. Freckles that no one notice, a dimple in my chin that I've never liked. My face screams unglamorous and unworthy of any guy's attention.

"Come on, Riley. Let's scout practice."

Scouting is Faerin's way of checking out cute guys. Our school may not have the greatest rep, but we happen to have a fully functioning martial arts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter