Chapter 8

Distractions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I can’t believe my little Rei-Rei has a date with Siwon.” Faerin gushes, rummaging through my closet.

“Faerin, I told you all this was unnecessary” I tell her for what feels like the millionth time this evening. As soon as I made the mistake of telling her I had a date before the dance, she insisted on helping me get ready; me being the weakling I am, reluctantly agreed and have regretted it ever since. Faerin has been at my house since the end of school, waiting for me to shower (and shave) and now choosing my outfit for my date.

“And yet you still let me come over, knowing what I had in mind. whose fault is that?” She had a point there.

“Well can you just hurry up, I’m getting cold.” I say hugging my knees to my chest; the towel around me is well passed damp and not getting any drier any time soon.

“I say you go with this one; that you have thanks to yours truly.” She says holding up the yellow sundress I was forced out of the store in the other day.

“That’s the first one you suggested, what was the point of going through the rest of my closet if you were just going to pick it again anyway?” I ask, gesturing to the mess she’d made around the closet area; my mom wasn’t a happy camper about cleaning up after me and neither was I; especially when it wasn’t my mess to begin with.

“Just be thankful that your amazing friend found this for you and was happy to even look through your closet, just to be sure you had nothing better” I roll my eyes and make Faerin look away while I changed. Afterward, I had to sit still for half an hour while pounds of makeup were slapped on to my face; not being able to recognize myself.

“There, finished. Now let’s go, Tao texted me, he’s outside waiting” Faerin says grabbing her makeup bag and my arm.

“Whoa, whoa, wait, who invites an on their friend’s date?” I ask locking the door; before getting yanked into Tao’s dad’s Benz.

“Who tells their date to meet them at the restaurant? It’s a two-way street, Reily” Faerin says squeezing in the backseat with me.

“I’m sure lots of people meet at their locations; it’s not always the guy doing the escorting” I say staring out the window; my date is at a restaurant, that I’ve never been able to afford, not too far away; I could’ve walked there, and even with all the time I spent with Faerin, I’d still be early.

“Well we just wanted you to be escorted properly on her first da—”

“SHHHHHHH there are some things in this world that Tao doesn’t need to know” I whisper violent to Faerin, trying hard not to blush.

“I already knew” Tao says innocently into the rear-view mirror. So I’ve never been on a date before, so what? I just hadn’t found the right person for me yet, no big deal, right?

“This is so excited, *sigh my little girl is growing up” Faerin says.

“Okay first off, not every female can be as fortunately tall as you and second, I’m older than you” I say beginning to lose my patience. All the nerves that I’ve gathered up this evening, are about to explode out my ears; I would have been so much better walking by myself.

“We’re here” Tao and Faerin sing, as the car pulls up in front of the restaurant.

“Have fun~” Faerin says before pushing me out of the car.

“Call if you need anything” Tao calls in an equally obnoxious tone. Gathering up all my courage, I walk into the restaurant; the building is dimly lit, a few heads turn to me from the sound of the door shutting; I bet they can smell my fear.

“Um Miss, do you have a reservation?” One of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter