Chapter 13

Distractions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun shines in through my window, adding a certain warmth to my room. I get up and open the window, letting in the breeze. It’s really nice out.

“I should go for a walk” I say smiling to myself. I go down and make breakfast for myself; I could explain why but I was just happy today. That is until I opened the front door to find Faerin, puffy faced and in tears.

“Minseok dumped me” she says sniffling before hugging me; knocking me off balance.

“What, why?” I ask stabling myself. “Talk to me, what happened?”

“I don’t know; I knew it wouldn’t last long and was planning to let him go after the dance next weekend; I just thought I’d be doing the dumping, you know?” Faerin says into my shoulder.

“No I don’t know, I don’t understand half the stuff that goes through your head to begin with” I say patting her back. “But did he at least tell you why he was ending it?”

“No, he just said it wasn’t working out and that he’s taking someone else to the dance”

“You don’t think he’s been cheating on you, do you?”

“I don’t know, maybe, but either way, there’s someone other than me on his mind”

“Faerin, did you like Minseok?”

“No, that’s ridiculous”

“But you kept him around so much longer than any other guy, are you sure you didn’t feel something for him? I hated to say this, but Faerin did deserve this; she used him but he ended it.

“…Maybe”

“I’m so sorry, Faerin. But maybe the next ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter