Chapter 20

Distractions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Distractions

Kyungsoo groans behind me, sending vibrations into my neck.

“Kyungsoo, its morning; you can get off me now” I say nudging the arm that’s slung over my shoulder. “Kyungsoo we have to get up if we want to go to the aquarium today” sadly that means Kyungsoo will have to move first; at some point last night, Kyungsoo had gone from behind me to 85% on top of me.

“Five more minutes” Kyungsoo groans into the pillow, right next to my head.

“Now please, you’re heavy” Kyungsoo complies nearly falling out of bed in the process. Kyungsoo groans and clutches his forehead. “You okay?”

“I just woke up to a hangover, how do you think I’m doing?” Kyungsoo mutters.

~

“You know, we don’t have to go to the aquarium today” I say placing a plate full of breakfast in front of Kyungsoo. “We can call Minseok and cancel; you can stay here and rest”

“That wouldn’t be fair to him” he sighs massaging his temple. “Besides, what kind of boyfriend stays at his girlfriend’s house while she’s put having fun.” Damn his niceness.

“I’m sorry you don’t feel well” I say softly, pecking his cheek. I pull away and freeze, wide eyed. Why did I just do that? No one’s around, this isn’t real, I mentally slap myself and sit down across from Kyungsoo.

~

“Over here” Luhan waves at the entrance to the aquarium. Minseok, Tao and Faerin are standing there as well; the later with sunglasses and a hoodie on, likely experiencing a similar hangover to Kyungsoo.

“Hey guys” I say, leading a slow Kyungsoo over to the group. The five of us walk in at normal speed and are quickly met with a crowd. It isn’t long before the numerous huddled groups of people and pack exhibits are enough to split us all up.

No wanting to get further lost; Kyungsoo and I (well mainly me) decide to go under the clear tunnel alone. The tunnel is basically like taking a trip through a miniature aquarium. The arched roof is a fish tank in itself, and there’s a slow conveyor belt underneath to move people along, so there aren’t as many traffic jams.

“How much longer are we staying?” Kyungsoo whimpers, hugging my shoulders and ultimately leaning all of his weight on my back. He reminds me of a sleepy /bored kid at an art museum.

“Not too much longer, we go after this bit, we just have to let Minseok know first” I say the head that’s nestled its way into my neck.  I’ll admit, it’s a little tricky to enjoy a couple sharks, some look downs, a few angel fish and a sawfish etc. when there’s a heavy weight on your back; but at least it meant Kyungsoo wasn’t wandering off and getting lost. And plus my shoulders stayed warm for the whole ride.

“Look, there’s Luhan” I say walking out of Kyungsoo embrace and off th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter