Chapter 15

Distractions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Faerin, it’s me, please pick up. I…I don’t know what to say, I… wish I knew ahead of time so I could block Minseok and beat him up for you. I just…I need you to forgive me, I want my best friend back and if it makes you feel better, I took down my account on the chatroom and the next time I see Minseok I  will cause him more pain than you’re feeling now. Just let me hear your voice…” my voice trails off into the phone as I leave yet another message. Faerin wasn’t talking to me, and she had every right not too, I should have called Minseok out sooner, if only I’d known.

“Answering machine?”  Tao asks sitting down on my bed. I nod and put my phone away. “It’s been almost a week and you’ve been spending each day filling her answering machine to the brim. Maybe you should let her be alone without bombarding her and maybe she’ll come around”

“I guess, c’mon, you wanna get something to eat?” I ask pulling the pizza place number off the fridge.

“Sure, maybe we can watch a movie, to take your mind off things” Tao says smiling. We order a pizza and sit in the living room cuddling in front of the TV. I couldn’t focus on the movie though, Faerin kept invading my thoughts. I just wish she would talk to me, tell me she’s okay; as irrational as it sounded, I was worried she might be harming herself or acting recklessly. Faerin was never the self-harming type, but she’s never been in so much pain from a break up and then had her friend ‘betray’ her trust.

“Reily” Tao says at some point through the movie; tightening the arm around my waist.

“Yeah?” I ask leaning on his shoulder.

“Can a guy and girl who are only friends, cuddle?”

“Yeah, I mean we are. Why do you suddenly ask?”

“I dunno, it was just on my, seeing as we already do a lot of things couples do”

“Oh yeah, like what”

“Let’s see, we cuddle, we lean on each other’s shoulders, and we give each other back hugs. Am I missing anything?” He asks numbering the list off on his fingers.

“We ke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter