Chapter 5

Distractions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, Reily" Faerin greets me at the front of the school. She seems a little perky for a Tuesday.

"Hey" I say quietly and that's when I noticed the guy she's actually holding hands with. It's the boy from the other day, Minseok. That's new, first of all when I said she should go for him if he's so cute, I didn't think she'd actually do it. And secondly, if he's so easy and then she better not be using him. Then again if she was using him, his arm would be around her shoulders and this would be right around the time that she kick him to the curb (I've seen her do it with enough guys to know).

"Hey, Reily, good to see you again" he says giving me a warm smile. Why is he being so nice to me, I barely know him. 

"Okay Reily, let's talk serious about something. Are you going to grow any balls and ask Siwon to the May Masquerade"

"I dunno, probably not I mean since balls are weak, I'm not gonna get anywhere with Siwon"

"You like Siwon?" Minseok asks amused, none of your business.

"Yes" I say diverted my eyes to the ground.

"Because he's my cousin, I can try and talk him into it if you want."

"That's okay, besides, the May Masquerade is at the end of May and we're in April, I still have time." 

"Um, babe could you just give us a sec?" Faerin says sweetly pulling me aside. We have two dances in grade twelve, the May Masquerade and Prom. The MM used to be for grade elevens only as a taste of prom, but when grade twelves started showing up, the school gave up and opened it to both grades. Besides, a medical themed dance is not necessarily going to give you an accurate impression of Prom. 

"What's going on, there's your shot to get somewhere with Siwon, take it!"

"Why should I? He probably won't think much of me if I feel the need to ask him out through some one else"

"I'm just saying you should take this opportunity while it's on the table." 

"I think I'll be okay, now if you'll excuse me. I'm going to go find Siwon now" I say and head down to the dojo. The boys are just finishing up when I get there, luckily Siwon hasn't left yet. 

"Hey Siwon," I say cutely. Damn he looks hot when he's sweaty. Which is rare among a lot o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter