Chapter 11

Distractions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Reily, REILY! Wake up already” Faerin says, shaking me. I groan and turn away, but she won’t let me get off the hook that easily. “REILY GET UP NOW, OR I WILL DRAG YOU TO THE MALL!!”

“Fine, I’m up; what are you doing here this early on a Saturday?” I ask, sitting up.

“We have to get you a dress for the Masquerade”

“I’m not going” I say flopping back over, it’s too early to be thinking about the dance.

“Yes you are, c’mon I’m trying to get Luhan to be your date” As if that’ll make the situation any better.

“I don’t want to go” I say, fully aware that Faerin doesn’t know Baozi’s meeting me there; and that it’ll be much better if she doesn’t know.

“We’re not doing this again” she says ripping the blanket off the bed. The cold morning air, causes me to curl up into a ball. “You don’t have to want to, just go anyway”

“Give me one good reason why” I say into my knees tucked up against my chest.

“Maybe there’ll be a cute guy there for you to dance with”

“Is that all you care about, guys?” I shout.

“No, it isn’t, but I want you to have someone to comfort you, since you’re always so down”

“That’s sweet” I say sarcastically “That’s also your job”

“*sigh This was under your door, by the way” Faerin says holding a red envelope in front of my face.

“Another one?”

“What do you mean another one?”

“I’ve been getting these all week, from some guy”

“Really? From who?”

“I dunno, I think Baozi, I mean he’s meeting me at the dance” I cover my mouth after that; I wasn’t supposed to give that much detail.

“You have a date?” Faerin gushes.

“No, I just demanded that he meet me in person, so we’re going to dance together for a song and finally reveal our identities.” I say opening the envelope.

“I thought about you all last night, you were in my dreams setting the bad right. The cloudy skies could use some sun, today looks like it needs some fun. What not today, you try something new; you may not see me but I’ll see you” I say reading the card.

“Aww that’s so sweet”

“Yeah and cheesy as crap” I say setting the card on my night table. What did he me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter