Chapter 9

Distractions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Reily come out, please?” Faerin calls from the other side of the door. The door isn’t locked, but it would be if I could. My stomach growls; I haven’t eaten since yesterday but I don’t care; maybe if I walk around looking anorexic, people won’t want to me so badly.

“Reily, its Tao. We’re all worried about you; can you show us you’re okay?” Tao calls.

“That’s it, I’m coming in there” Faerin says, only to be greeted by a pillow to the face.

“Go away” I say reaching for another pillow.

“No, you need to get out of here and you really need to shower” Faerin says emphasizing the stink. I ignore her and crawl back under the covers; at least there it’s warm.

“Whatever, Minseok’s meeting us at the café in ten, wash up and get your downstairs” Faerin says before shutting the door. No thanks, I think I’ll pass on that. I close my eyes and try to sleep; my friends are gone for now, time to squeeze in another nap. Not too long after feeling drowsy, I feel a dip in the bed and someone my back.

“Reily…Minseok told me what happened…are you okay?” Tao asks quietly; honestly, I thought he left with Faerin.

“Go away” I say, but is most likely muffled and distorted by the thick blanket.

“Reily can we talk about this?” he says tugging on the blanket.

“What is there to talk about? Besides, I don’t want to talk” I say tugging back.

“Then listen” he says managing to remove the blanket from my face. “What Siwon did was wrong and I wish we take it back; but when you isolate yourself like that we get worried for you. I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter