Chapter 18

Distractions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walk down to the basement, to the martial arts room. I realized that it’d been a while since I stop by to watch; so I thought, even though I see him at lunch, to watch Tao practice before school.

“Ooof” someone grunts when I accidently bump into them. The books I was carrying are dropped, making a mess on the floor.

“I’m so sorry” I say bending down to pick everything up.

“Don’t be, I should’ve been watching where I was going” a familiar voice says. I slowly look up and am met with Minseok’s face; picking up the rest of my stuff I try and walk away but he catches my arm.

“Reily wait, why are you avoiding me” he asks almost whining.

“Because, you’re Faerin’s ex and exes are not to be reconciled with; if ‘Mean Girls’ taught me anything.”

“Can’t you give me another chance, after all the trouble I went through to get close to you?”

“No, and I’m already seeing someone” I say yanking my arm away.

“Kyungsoo, right?” I nod. “So are you guys planning on doing some kind of public break up before the rest of the school finds out what you’re doing for the kid?” He asks smirking. Oh no, how did he know so quickly? It’s only been a day.

“What are you suggesting?” I ask trying to sound un-phased.

“Keep ‘dating’ Kyungsoo, but if you don’t want your white lie getting to the football team you’ll open your heart to me”

“Excuse me?”

“Shall I demonstrate what I mean?” He asks quirking an eyebrow.

“No thanks” I say steeping back.

“Let me show you the better man I can” Minseok says reaching out for me.

“I don’t want anything to do with you” I say batting his hand away.

“But you owe me a favor, that is if you want me to be quiet” Damn it, he has a point.

“Fine, what do you want?”

“I collect it when I need it; until then have fun with your ‘boyfriend’” he says chuckling before walking off. What the heck did I get myself into?

~

“Hey Reily, where’s Kyungsoo?” Tao asks wiping his face with a towel.

“Not here yet” I say half-heartedly.

“You okay?”

“No, Minseok knows about Kyungsoo and I and I owe him a favor if I want him to keep quiet” I say leaning against the wall. For once I would really like to have luck on my side for once.

“So what do you have to do?” Tao asks.

“He said he ‘collect it when he needs it’ which means waiting till I’m most vulnerable. I bet it’ll end up being that I have to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter