WOOGYU (Sunggyu POV)

We Got Married - BROMANCE EDITION - SEASON 1

***

written in Sunggyu POV

 

I wake up from my dreamless sleep and notice it's still dark outside. Tiny rays of light are breaking through the clouds, indicating the sun will rise soon. Why did I wake up so early? I wonder when I hear a noise. I glance at the other bed and see Woohyun sleeping there. I have no idea when he got home. I was already sleeping. Lately something seems off about him. I can't figure out what it is but I am starting to worry. The last shooting was very hard on him and he looked sick when our manager rushed him to his next schedule. He still seems pretty pale. Suddenly he moans and I know what that noise from before was and even why I woke up. He seems to be in a distress. I think he is having a nightmare so I go to him and try to wake him up.

 

"Woohyun-ah... Yah... Wake up..." I shook him. When I touch his arm, I realize he is soaked. Sweating like crazy and he feels cold. 

"Yah!" I shake him harder 'cause I am getting a little scared. He blinks and slowly open his eyes, his face scrunching in pain.

"Yah... what's wrong?" He burrows his head to the pillow and shakes it.

"Woohyun-ah! Tell me right now! Where are you hurting?" Why is he hesistating?

 

He is holding his belly and suddenly it clicks. We were eating A LOT before. I was having a hard time finishing it all and I am not sure if I was imagining things but Woohyun's portions actually seemed slightly bigger than mine. Well, the chef was a girl and Woohyun just knows how to swoon all the ladies. I was slightly hurting afterwards but the pain went away pretty quickly. However, Woohyun ate just as much as me if not more and on top of that he drank all that coke before... Moreover, we are all conscious about what we eat but Woohyun is particularly picky. He doesn't usually eat such foods so for him to finish all of that...

"Hey... it's your stomach right?"

"I feel like I ate one year's worth of food in one sitting." He mumbles and I smile.

"Do you want to go to the hospital?"

"To be treated for what? Overeating?" I his hair.

"Pabo. Why did you push yourself so much?"

"It was a nice date, hyung. Everything was so pretty and you were enjoying it. I didn't want to spoil that." Something in my chest swells and my eyes water a little. Am I getting sentimental with the old age?

"You are an idiot, Woohyun. Why did you even drink so much coke? You could have passed it to me."

"You don't like coke. It's bad for our vocal cords and the only suitable date for us was the dinner so I had to win."

I'm really touched. It doesn't happen often but when it does it leaves me breathless. Woohyun can sometimes say or do things that wouldn't even cross my mind. For him to think about me during the whole shooting and protecting me... I'm the leader. I am his hyung so it should be me shielding him so why does he always put myself before himself? 

 

That's precisely why I can't let go. I am grateful, I am overwhelmed and the love I have for him grows. How can I not love him when he does things like this? He is so cute. So beautiful. It sometimes feels as if he loved me too. I close my eyes and shudder. Ah, Woohyun-ah. What am I going to do with you?

 

"Can I help somehow?" I ask and see him thinking.

"I don't know... just... stay with me?" I smile and lie next to him. I start to gently rub his belly. It still feels pretty big. Oh my. He must have been in a lot of pain before if he is still feeling so bad. 

"How did your interview go?" I ask, worried.

"Fine. Don't worry, hyung. I didn't make a mistake." I frown.

"I'm worried about you, you idjit." He chuckles.

"The manager gave me painkillers so I was okay." So it was bad enough for him to take painkillers... Ah, what am I doing? Why can't I see when he needs me? I always promise to look after him but when he really needs my help, I am oblivious to it.

"I'm sorry."

"What for?"

"For not protecting you."

"There was nothing you could do, hyung. This was my choice."

"You need stop pushing yourself so hard." He laughs.

"What's so funny?"

"Well... the manager said something similar. I just can't believe I am hearing these words."

"Why?"

"Because both of you always say we need to work harder so actually to see you both trying to stop me from working hard is kinda amusing."

"I'm not saying, you shouldn't work hard just don't overdo it. I don't enjoy seeing you in painarrow-10x10.png." He smiles and nods.

"Can we sleep a little more?"

"Yeah, yeah. Rest, princess."

"I'm not a princess." He sulks but his eyes are already dropping.

 

I don't feel like sleeping anymore. I continue to rub his belly, his hair and just watch over him. My silly dongsaeng. He is just so lovable.

 

***

to be continued

 

a/n: I hope you enjoyed the chapters - I tried to make up for the lost time :)

COMMENT, UPVOTE AND SUBSCRIBE <3