Chapter one

Inevitable Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun's P.O.V

 

"Jieun! Wash the dishes!" my boss hollered.

 

"Neh." I responded. After finishing all my work, I walked back to the staff room and changed back into my own clothes. The place that I worked in, it is a cos-play cafe. We have different theme every month and yes, I have to change into those cos-play attires. This month, the theme is something related to floral and we literally have to act cute by tying up our hairs into pigtails. Yucks i know but do I look like I have a choice? This job salary is pretty good, they paid thrice the amount of the normal waitress job. Sigh, it's okay Jieun. Today is already the last day of the month. After finishing all my work, I walked back to the staff room and quickly changed out of my outfit. When I strolled out of the staff room, my boss passed me an envelope.

 

I opened the letter and read the content of the letter. Immediately, I jumped in joy. -I FINALLY GOT MY FREAKING PAYSLIP-

 

"Why are you so happy?" The boss said in an amused tone. Because I really hated this job but for the sake of the money and to save myself from working extra jobs, I stayed. of course I'm happy when I get my payslip. 


I smiled sheepishly and replied, " I'm just happy that I got my monthly salary."

 

"Arasso, for a trainee like you, you have worked hard"

 

"I'll be leaving." I waved goodbye and walked out of the shop.

 

I took the same usual route back towards my rented two-room apartment where I lived together with Suzy. The apartment only consist of one bedroom and a living room which also combined together with our mini kitchen. Suddenly, my phone vibrated in my pocket.

 

"YAH! I ALREADY FINISHED COOKING DINNER, WHY AIN'T YOU BACK YET!" Suzy shouted once I picked up my phone.

 

I rolled my eyes " I'm coming back soon, can't you just eat first?"

 

"No way. Family always eat together. Just in case you don't know." Suzy retorted.

 

"You know you should probably go back home and have your so called family dinner."

 

"Are you crazy?! I'll not give in this time, not after how they treated you." Suzy whined.

 

"ARASSO. In the mean time, can you pack our school bags for our new school tomorrow?" I sighed.

 

" please, do you even need a school bag? Everything is inside your head already, miss genius."

 

"Just do it"

 

"Fine fine. Come back home soon, Jieunnie~" she beamed. I smiled and shake my head in amusement.

 

-At the apartment-

 

We ate finish our dinner, wash the plates,  ironed our uniform and went to our room to sleep.

 

"Jieunnie, remembered what we promise each other ok? No trouble in the new school. We went in by merit which meant we are considered as the 'low class' ones. And from what I heard, they treated the 'low class' ones pretty badly.... We're there for a reason, to disguise ourselves. So, we should keep a low profile, ok?" Suzy explained, again. I sighed, this is like don't know how many times she has been saying it.

 

"Yes, we put on our nerd glasses, changed our hairstyles, keep a low profile and nobody will recognize us." I reassured her, again.

 

It's not like there will be difference though. So what we came to Korea to 'runaway' from Suzy's parents? Her parents are powerful people and I mean literally powerful. I'm sure they will find Suzy soon, it just the matter of time. And besides, no matter how Suzy disguise herself, she is still pretty. "Can we just go to sleep now?"

 

"Arasso."

 

 

------------

 

 

"OMG JIEUN. HOW HOW HOW. What if we got recognize at the first day of school?!"

 

"Keep calm and eat your breakfast." I said in an annoyed voice.

 

"By any chance, can we skip school for today?" Suzy plead.

 

I glared at her. AISH, THIS GIRL. I gobbled down my food, grab our school bags and physically dragged Suzy out of the apartment.

 

When we reached the school gate, a limousine is parked at the sideway with a bunch of highschool girls surrounding it.  Meanwhile, a blonde hair guy with shades step out of the car. What the hell, coming to school with shades, really? Lol.

 

"Ohmygod, he's hot." Suzy fanned herself and said in an english accent.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter