Mini Training (Part II)

My Beautiful Black Pearl

Yuri’s POV

 

After smiling, there will always come tears. And after crying, there will always come laughter. But now I just want to be emotionless. Hide myself from this world and cry in a corner where no one will see me. Losing someone you love really breaks your heart into pieces. Especially when it’s a child who you grew to love and take care like he’s a younger brother.

“Jaehun!” I called as I opened the door of his hospital room to see his bed empty. “Jaehun?!” Fear took over me, my hands started shaking and my voice was trembling. “Maybe he just hung out with his mother.” I tried to calm myself, but his clothes a toys weren’t there, which made me even more scared. “God, please… no.”

I closed the door and ran to his doctor’s office.

“Mr. Kim! Where’s Jieun?” I asked as tears were forming in my eyes as soon as the doctor lowered his head.

“Yuri, he…” I broke into tears as I hid my face with my trembling hands.

“Where’s his mom?” I asked as I tried to catch my breath.

“She’s outside, in the backyard.” He smiled and patted my back.

“Thank you doctor.” I quickly ran outside and saw her sitting on a bench with a Polaroid on her hands. She suddenly looked up to see me sobbing like a mad teenager. She half smiled and got up, welcoming me into a hug.

“When?” I asked while sobbing.

“Yesterday night… He told me to wish you happy birthday and not to cry for him or he’ll be sad.” She rubbed my back as she held back the tears. She’s a strong woman.

“How can I not cry? How could I not come yesterday? How could I leave him alone on the day of my birthday? How?!” I screamed as I soaked her shoulder with my tears.

“Shhh, dear. It’s not your fault. It was meant to be like this. At least he won’t have to suffer anymore.” A tear fell down her cheeks and she quickly wiped it away. “Smile for him my dear. He’s watching us from Heaven.” I nodded and pulled away from her hug.

After an hour of talking to Jaehun’s mom about our adventures, I decided it was time to leave before I broke into tears again. Suddenly, when I left the hospital, a tall masculine figure appeared in front of me. I looked up to find LuHan smiling at me. Tears started falling down my cheeks again and he pulled me into a hug. His cologne filling my nostrils and the heat of his body made me calm down as I hugged him back.

“He’s gone.” I whispered. “I should’ve met him yesterday instead of having fun. I should’ve stayed by his side and make him smile like always. It’s my fault.” I started sobbing again and LuHan hugged me tighter.

“Yuri, it’s not your fault. You don’t want to cry all day and give up on life while he’s wishing for your happiness. You should keep walking for him. Smile and laugh for him and yourself.” He rubbed my back and kissed my forehead, leaving the heat of his lips there for a good 5 minutes.

I nodded and wiped my tears. “Thanks you LuHan.” I whispered and he smiled.

“Happy now?” He asked and when I looked up, he made one of the cutest faces.

 

 

I just realized his cuteness and pinched his cheeks. “Damn you Xi LuHan.” I flicked his forehead lightly and he pouted.

“Let’s go before I change my mind and leave you here.” He talked with a serious tone and I chuckled.

“You can’t do that, I have money and I can take a-… Xi LuHan where’s my wallet?!” I shouted in the middle of the road and he ran away.

“Can’t touch this!” He waved the wallet in the air and I ran towards him.

“Wait till I get my hands on you LuHan!!!” I shouted and followed him at the park where he hid behind a tree. People were watching us like we were some kind of lunatics, but we didn’t care. All we cared about was to live the moment while we had the chance. I love you Jaehun. I thought as I followed LuHan around.

The answer of my question was answered that Saturday morning.

I already found my soul mate that is just as crazy, funny, mysterious and different as me.

 

 

After getting my wallet and walking back home with LuHan, I decided it was time to go at the basement.

“You want to train?” LuHan asked as he followed me down at the basement. The guys weren’t home that hour that’s why it was only I and LuHan.

“Yes. The powers I learned the previous week.” I nodded as I walked in the middle of the floor, my infinity sign lighting up in a blue color.

“But today you’ll have to learn the new powers since I think you’re ready to use your body’s force. We’ll do that when the boys come, meanwhile let me see what you can do.” He smirked and I closed my eyes.

“You don’t want to close your eyes when you’ll be fighting. You want someone to hit you in surprise?” He laughed while he was walking around me.

“Should I use my powers?” I asked and he nodded.

“Use anything against me baby.” He smirked and I hit him with a fireball.

“Eh? How did you..?” I blinked as I saw a transparent barrier around him.

“Telekinesis powers aren’t useless. We can use them however we want.” He smiled and I nodded. “Go on.”

I took a deep breath and moved my hands in a circle motion, creating a water ball which I used to hit LuHan with. Mission accomplished.

I started laughing once I saw him all soaked up. The strange thing was, he didn’t look ridiculous, in fact he looked hot. But I couldn’t just drool over him, could I? It would be weird.

“You.” He turned around and I gulped. “Need a punishment.”

“No… No… Nonono please! No!” I started running around like a cat when he spread his arms to tickle me. In the end he won, and I ended up crying from laughter.

 

Suddenly, we heard a cough coming from the door and we saw Kris chuckling.

“So, lovebirds, how’s it going? Having fun?” He smirked and I quickly ran away from LuHan’s grip.

“We were just… practicing.” I laughed awkwardly and rubbed the back of my head.

“Oh, is that called practicing? Then let me tickle you princess.” Kris smirked and I shouted a ‘no’ and ran at a corner. The other guys soon joined us and they started laughing at me.

“Ok, puppies. We should start training.” Suho clapped his hands and everyone went at his own respective spot.

“Did you know that the centre you’re standing at is also the centre of EXO planet? Our powers are locked there.” Kai said and I gulped. Just thinking of the queen and EXO planet made me have goose bumps and imagine how ridiculous I will look when I’ll be fighting against her. Oh, damn. The war! I totally forgot about that!

 

“Now, Yuri. This time you won’t use only your mind, you will also have to use your body’s power.” Kris said as pointed at himself and the other 5 whose powers I still don’t know how to use. “I, Kai, Xiumin, Tao, Chen and D.O have powers that need your body’s power, which means you have to work a bit harder than before. After some weeks, we’ll go to hard training.”

“What does that mean?” I asked as my eyes widened.

“It means that you’ll have to fight against us with no mercy and use all your powers until you won’t have time to breathe. We’ll also teach you martial arts.”

I gulped loudly and nodded. Maybe now I know the reason why I’m an orphan… I am a monster.

‘No you’re not. Now shut up and concentrate on your powers.’ LuHan butted in and I rolled my eyes.

‘Stop reading my thoughts you-’

“Ok, enough you two. Let’s start the training.” Tao crossed his arms and we both lowered our heads.

“Now, it’s your turn Kai.” Said Kris and Kai nodded. Kai left his place and walked in front of me.

“I have teleport powers. So, I’ll be teaching you how to go from a spot to another. For this, you need to imagine the place you want to go to, and tada! We arrived.” He explained when suddenly, we were in the living room. “Now, let’s go back.” He said and I nodded. I thought of the middle of the basement and in a blink of the eye we were already there. “There are a lot of other things you can do, but these are the basics.” He smiled and walked to his place.

Xiumin walked in front of me and smiled like a cute little bunny he is. Little? Damn, he’s the oldest of them 12!

“I’ll teach you how to use frost. Now, see this earring?” He said and I nodded. “If I touch it, a part will freeze.” He touched it with his index finger and a part of it froze. “If I blow at it, it will completely freeze. With Sehun’s power you can do it easily.” He blew air from his mouth and the ring froze. “Now, if I use my hands, that carpet right there will freeze.” He pointed at a carpet in the corner and it froze.

“Woah…” I grinned and he nodded.

“But if I go insane, the whole place will free and people will die. So don’t go insane.” He joked and I laughed.

“Yes, sir.” I nodded. “Now I’m going to melt the earring.” I took it and used fire to melt it. “And now I’ll freeze it.” I tried freezing it and I did it successfully.

“Well done!” He patted my head and walked back at his place.

“Have you ever dreamt of stopping the time and walking around like a boss?” Tao asked and I nodded. “What are you waiting for?” His eyes turned blue and in a blink of the eyes, he stopped the time and the guys stopped in their place. After a second they started moving again. “Try it.” He smiled and I closed my eyes. When I opened them again, everyone except Tao, were frozen on their place. I smiled and Tao walked back to his place.

“Now, let me teach you how to fly.” Kris winked and I chuckled. Suddenly he jumped up and started flying all around the room. “This power is a bit difficult because you need to clear your mind and heart so you can fly. We can’t clean our bones you know? We’re not like birds. So, you have to train and next week I’ll see if you can do it.” He smiled and flied to his place. I nodded and pouted. I really wanted to fly but unfortunately I couldn’t. At least, not that day.

Suddenly some small stones were flying in the air and they exploded to pieces by a lightning.

“It’s time to kick some rocks!” D.O teeth-grinned with his heart shaped lips and I nodded like a happy kid. There were some rocks in the floor, and when I punched the floor with my fist, the rocks broke into pieces.

“Now, how about we use some lightning powers?” Asked the great and powerful Chen. He held my hand and when he moved it forward, a lighting came out of my hand and hit the wall. I tried it again without his help and I hit the window.

“Thanks God this house has a barrier against super powers.” Sighed Suho as he worried about the money the window would have cost. With a laugh and a hug, we decided to leave the basement and eat some nice food at ahjumma’s tteokbokki shop.

Suddenly I felt a hand grab mine and our finger intertwined. I looked up to see the owner of the hand and smiled.

“I told you we were going to be good friends.” He whispered and we started smiling as we walked down the roads of Seoul.