Happy Birthday!

My Beautiful Black Pearl

Yuri’s POV

 

It passed a week and a half since I got to this new high school and started training. Luckily, the teachers here are nice and don’t give a ton of homework’s like in the last high school I was in. Also, even though my powers grew more and more day by day, I was taught how to control them by LuHan.

Speaking of which, he acted weird the day I first started training. His words rang like a bell in my mind and it left me wide awake. Luckily, it only lasted one day and I decided to let go of this matter. It was useless, anyway.

The things I learnt though were two: He’s good at math, I at math.

Actually, all EXO has a high IQ and they’re all pretty smart. It’s not like I’m not, my only problem is math. It’s been years since I last saw an A+ in my exams’ score.

And there were two things I like and I dislike in this high school. I like the girls, but I hate their squeals. I like the people, but I hate the groupings. In this high school –like every other normal high school– if you’re a student who learns a lot but is still different from the others, you have to be friends only with nerds. People will bully and throw tomatoes at you or even call you “smashed potatoes.”

Hey wait a minute! Potato is my nickname!!

So yeah, I don’t like this but I’m lucky to be in EXO’s group. I don’t have to deal with nerds or es here and there. All I have to do is act normal and be friends with normal people.

I will find a girl to talk to here and there, and it’s pretty nice. They will talk to me and be nice to me, making my nervousness fly away. I like the fact that girl’s here are kindhearted.

But boys are like pigs. They eat like pigs, sleep like pigs, talk like pigs, learn like pigs and bully like pigs. But actually, they don’t look like pigs… They are pigs.

“Ok class, you’re dismissed!” Our homeroom teacher said right after the bell rang.

“Hey, Yuri! Let’s walk outside together.”

Let me introduce you to my new friend. Her name is Hanna and she is beautiful and smart at the same time. She is my first and last good friend of this school. The others are just people to spare time with.

What’s greater is…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She’s a werewolf too.

“Sure, let’s go!” I grinned as we walked at the hallways, liking our arms together.

“Oh, Yuri! It’s been a while since I went to the music room. Do you have time to go together?” She used her puppy eyes to change my mind and with a sigh I accepted.

“Sure. Let’s go.”

 

 

.

 

But she doesn’t know I’m the Black Pearl.

 

“But why can’t I tell her?” I pouted as LuHan ruffled his hair.

“You want to be caught? What if she’s a werewolf sent from the Queen, huh? You want to die?! Tell me! You want to die?!” He raised his voice, almost shouting at my ear as he kicked the wall next to my head.

“Sorry.” He buried himself inside his bed sheets and didn’t get out of his room for a whole day.

I asked Suho and Kris –our leaders– about his behavior, and they answered with a simple:

“It’s fine. It happens to werewolves once a blue moon.”

 

.

“Can you play any instruments?” She asked as she sat on the chair of the piano. I nodded and sat on the chair near the piano as I held a guitar on my lap. She nodded and started playing a melody.

“It’s called Don’t Go.” She grinned as she played the piano skillfully. “One of my favorite songs. Can you sing?” She asked as I was playing some random music with the guitar on my hands.

“Yeah, I used to sing a lot when I was alone at the orphanage.” I nodded and she smiled.

“Here,” She gave me a letter, “These are the lyrics of this song. It was written by EXO’s LuHan, your friend.” I nodded and took it from her. I read the lyrics and hummed the melody of the song so I could get the right rhythm. After half an hour, I was ready to hit the dance floor. Oh, I mean hit the high notes. What.

“Shall we start?” She asked and I nodded.

“We should’ve finished.” I joked and she chuckled. Her long and slender fingers hit the keyboard, making the soft melody of the piano fill the silence of the room.

I started singing the lyrics and moved my body along with it.

“So baby don’t go! Yeah~” I went on and on until the song finished and Hanna started clapping.

“Your voice is heaven! I totally love it! Well done!” She hugged me and I hugged her back, a soft chuckle left my lips.

“Damn girl I’m suffocating! You’re stronger than Chuck Norris.” I laughed by her sudden words.

“Popeye is my middle name.” She started laughing and I joined her too. After a good five minutes of pulling ourselves together, we decided to leave the school.

“See you next week!” She waved her hands in the air and ran to the other direction, hugged her boyfriend and walked away with him.

Sigh. I always was and I will always be forever alone. Sigh, I was born alone and will die alone, that’s not called a good life.

“Stupid. You have twelve handsome men with you and you call this a lonely and sad life? You need some glasses?” Suddenly, the voice of Baekhyun started me and I jumped back. I saw eleven guardians behind me and a bacon in front of me.

“Did I say that out loud?” I pointed my finger at myself as my eyes widened. “Hehe…” I laughed awkwardly. “What are you guys doing here? Why aren’t you home?”

“We are your guardians. So, we are everywhere you are at.” Said Xiumin as he tapped the floor with his feet.

“Then why don’t you accompany me at the bathroom?” I smirked and Kai butted in.

“I will if you want me to.” He wiggled his eyebrows and I laughed loudly.

“I’m so lucky to have you guys!” I hugged them one by one and they all blushed.

Someone at the end coughed awkwardly and I turned my attention at him. He was the last one I had to give a kiss on his cheek.

“I still don’t understand what you said that day though.” I leaned forward and kissed his cheek. His eyes widened and he suddenly told the guys that it was time to head back home. He was clearly avoiding my question.

They told me to walk forward and so I did, but when I heard a ‘whoosh’ and turned around, they were long gone with the leaves that mysteriously flew in the air.

I cursed under my breath and walked towards my house.

Lately I’ve been feeling quite happy and of course I’ve been tired too, but the feeling of now living a normal life –even though this is not normal at all– and of having friends, is making me more excited and making me feel at home. Making me feel myself.

I wonder though…

 

 

Will I ever find my soul mate if I’m different from everybody?

 

 

I opened the door and suddenly the dark welcomed me. I blinked my eyes and looked around but I saw nothing but darkness.

“Hey… Anyone here?” As soon as I stepped inside and closed the door behind me, a group of 15 people appeared and the lights brightened the hallway.

Ahjumma, ahjussi, Seoyoon and the rest of EXO started singing me the happy birthday song while LuHan –who was standing in the middle– was holding a birthday cake and smiling at me like never before. This explained the mysterious aura around the boys today.

Without realizing it, the tears started forming in my eyes and they ran down my cheeks.

“I knew there was something suspicious.” I muttered as I tried wiping my tears away with my sleeves.

I had forgotten about my birthday but I was taught some new things and feelings today:

EXO are my family.

The happiness of celebrating with your family.

And the fear of loosing someone special.

 

‘Don’t worry, Yuri… he will be fine. Just be happy as long as you can.’

I heard LuHan’s voice in my head and nodded. He knew about Jaehun, and he read my thoughts. I wish I could thank LuHan for helping me, but my coward self pushes me down.

 

“Thank you guys! I really love you!” We made a circle and hugged each other tightly as me jumped up and down. I blew the candles and cut the cake.

“Let’s go at a restaurant! It’s our baby’s birthday!” Ahjumma threw her hands in the air, making her look so cute which made me laugh.

“Yes! Let’s gooo!” Said the derps Chanyeol and Sehun.

 

I wonder how long will this happiness last…