Chapter 8- Hazardous Night

Hello, My Platonic Love!

Chapter 8

The sun drowned in the horizon slowly which signalized the night was coming. Kris was getting ready for the dinner tonight with his mother and SoEun. He planned to leave his office to pick up SoEun and help her to dress up in order to prevent SoEun disgrace him.

 

Yet, when Kris was on his way to the parking lot, his cellphone which lay inside his pants pocket rang. He took it out from his pocket and saw the caller name appeared on the phone screen. “Umma, don’t rush me. SoEun and I will be at the restaurant in time. Don’t worry.”

 

“ANNIYA, Kris ah. I don’t want to eat at the restaurant.” Kris’ mom stopped Kris to go the restaurant. “I’m not in the mood for the restaurant. I want to change the dinner location.”

 

“What?” A feeling of disturbed surprise ran through Kris’ mind. Within a second, Kris swept away this astonishment by shaking his head and politely asked his mom “Then Umma where do you want for dinner?” Kris’ mom gritted her teeth as she thinking about the perfect dinner place. She announced the address to Kris and once again panicked Kris and he acknowledged “That was… my home address?! Umma!”

 

“Yeah. I want to have the dinner at your house.” Kris’s mom honestly replied to Kris “You moved out for a while and I have no chance to visit your new house. Today will be the perfect timing. Also, I can try your girlfriend’s cooking. I heard from YoungJae that she had good cooking skill.”

 

Hearing his mother response, Kris’ had no choice but to obey his mother’s willing. “Ok, Umma. Then see you there. I need to pick up SoEun now.” After saying goodbye to each other, Kris hung up the phone and quickly went to pick up SoEun.

 

SoEun was waiting for Kris outside her apartment. SoEun crawled into Kris’ car when the time he arrived. “What?” SoEun yelled out her stupefaction with her eyes widened open. “This is all so sudden. Now is already 6 o’ clock.” SoEun nervously glanced at her watch. “We need to go to market immediately, Kris si. Turn right at next block.”

 

Once the car arrived to the market, Kris and SoEun made a mad dash for the entrance to buy ingredients for the dinner. At first, Kris attempted to make SoEun to get in by herself. However, SoEun revolted to his decision with her argument which Kris need to hold the food for her during the shopping. If not, they might not to be possible to make it in time. Thus, Kris had no word to fight back but followed SoEun rushed into the market.

 

While SoEun choosing the ingredients, Kris was embarrassedly pushing the shopping cart behind SoEun. He tried his best to hide his face from the passer-by. I’m the Vice President of Fascination Fashion, now pushing the shopping cart which made him no different as an old lady.

 

Finishing the rush shopping, SoEun and Kris speedily made their way back to Kris’s condo. They got into his house while finds out his mother already inside the condo by opening the door with the spare key Kris gave her.

 

SoEun, who followed Kris at his back with her hands full of the grocery bags, saw a woman was sitting on the sofa elegantly inside Kris’s condo. So SoEun assumed that she was Kris’ mother, then she respectfully bowed to her with 90 degree and greeted her “Anneyohaseyo, Auntie.”

 

Seeing her son’s face, Kris’s mother set her off the sofa and stood up to greet SoEun, said “Anneyo, Nice to meet you. SoEun si right? I heard so much about you.” Kris’s mother asked SoEun for making sure with both her hands grabbed SoEun’s arms to tilt up her body in order to study her face clearly.

 

“NE! Forgot to introduce myself. Sorry Auntie. My name is Kim So Eun.” SoEun nodded her head earnestly and apologized for her negligence.

 

Kris’s mother shook her head and smilingly said to SoEun with a low voice “It is fine.” The grocery bags SoEun held in her hands caught Kris’ mom attention. She excitedly asked SoEun “So SoEun yang, what going to be our dinner meals tonight?”  

 

“Auntie, you can just call me SoEun.” SoEun felt of weird after hearing the politeness from Kris’s mom. She was an elder. Then SoEun answered her question for tonight dishes, said “I don’t know what Auntie you like to eat. But I heard from Kris said Auntie you went to Paris a while ago. So I boldly assumed you might have a homesick, then I decided to make Korean fare for you. Do you like it?” SoEun asked Kris’s mom carefully which she worried herself being a wiseacre.

 

“Of course, I like it.” Kris’s mom admirably replied to SoEun with her eager voice. “You are such a considerate young lady, SoEun ah. I cannot wait to try your cooking.” Kris’ mom’s response made a grin curved on SoEun’s lips.

 

Lest waste of time, SoEun instantly prepared the ingredients for the dinner at Kris’s house open kitchen. While SoEun was busying with the cooking, Kris and his mom sat on the sofa in the living room watching the television. Kris who holding the cushion with his right arms didn’t notice an eyes expressively on him and that person was his mother. Then Kris’s mom moved her eyes to SoEun’s direction, a mysterious smile appeared on her face.

 

Because of the time, she used her best effort to finish the cooking in one and a half hour. SoEun set the table independently and all the dishes were well-prepared above the round-shaped glass dinner table next to the kitchen.   

 

“Wow! Jaeyook Bokum (Spicy Pork & Kimchi Stir-fry), Tangsukyuk (Sweet & Sour Beef with vegetables), Book Uh Guk (Dried Codfish Soup) I miss you all.” Kris’ mom salivated and said at the time she seeing and smelling the food made by SoEun. “Thanks you for the supper”

 

Needless to wait, they enjoyed their meal for tonight contentedly, especially Kris’ mom. She enjoyed every mouthful. Halfway through the dinner time, Kris’ mom asked SoEun as confirmation, praised “SoEun si, are you a chef cook in some kind of hotel or restaurant? You’re expectantly a skilled cook.” A spoonful of soup delivered into .

 

“You guessed half, Auntie. I’m actually a pastry chef in my father’s patisserie.” SoEun respond to Kris’ mom with her polite smile and her hand stopped from eating. SoEun’s answer caused Kris muttered to himself in a whisper voice. “No wonder why she made that cream puff so tasteful.”

 

Even Kris used his lower voice, his mom still caught the noise and asked Kris with her brows frowned. “Kris ah, what you are murmuring at?” which earned a shaking head from Kris, how can she heard that? This time Kris asked it inside his mind in order to get eavesdropped by his mom. Then Kris’ mom shook her head slightly to Kris with powerless look and turned back her attention to SoEun, said “Oh I see. That was why your skills be that great. Your father running a patisseries? He was amazing. What the shop called? I should go to check that out next time?”

 

“ANNEYO, auntie. You’re the amazing lady that I’ve ever seen, managed that such large enterprise. Our patisserie was just trivial.” SoEun said to Kris’ mom with appreciation with both of her hands waved in front of her chest. “If auntie you want to try, I can bring you some next time. Then you don’t have to go there by yourself. Our baking shop is small and packed like sardine.”

 

“Ah! Really?” Kris’ mom asked SoEun just for making sure. Within a second, Kris’ mom’s lip curved a little bit and she threw out a question from her mind which she swirled into her brain for a while. “As you said SoEun si your shop is not big enough, do you ever thought to help your father expand the bakery?” Kris’ mom’s question left SoEun’s face with a ‘what’ expression and question marks all above her head. Not just SoEun, Kris who sat aside SoEun was also had no clue to his mom intention.

 

“Let me make the question more clearly, SoEun si do you ever thought to expand your father’s patisserie with the finance support from Kris?” Kris’ mom claimed her question once again to express her meaning fully to SoEun.

 

“NE? Auntie, I don’t understand your question. Why you asking this out of blue?” SoEun’s puzzling look still not seemed to be lessen. What is she meaning? “I’ve never thought” SoEun’s sentence didn’t get chance to finish because Kris’ mom cut it off.

“Don’t tell me that you didn’t have any intention toward my son. An ordinary girl as you would like to find the guy who provide you good economic support is really normal.” Finally, Kris’ mom had express out her main goal for the tonight dinner.  

 

“Umma…” Kris attempted to change the subject but he got hold on from his mom by saying “Kris ah, there is none of your business. Now is just the conversation between SoEun si and me. Just be quiet and listen.” Watching this scene, SoEun rolled her eyes on Kris and his mother and secretly made a decision. Kris’ mom looked back at SoEun, said “SoEun si, I was waiting for your answer.”

 

“Sorry Auntie, I cannot give you a definite answer to your question.” SoEun magnificently exclaimed to Kris’ mom which caused Kris and his mom looked at SoEun with their surprise look. Babo ah, why don’t you just say out the scheme that I gave you. Just say you never think to take advantage of me. Then everything will be all set.

 

“*smirk* Sure enough, by my guess.” Kris’ mom said to herself with disdain tone “I won’t let my son to get with this kind scheming girl like you.” Then she turned her head to Kris, and consoled Kris by saying. “Kris ah, just end this now. You just started this relationship, it wouldn’t be difficult to get over it. Umma will help you find the better halves.”

 

“Auntie. After all, I’m just a girl and that is the reason I do not want our future lives trouble in money problems, that's annoying. Also, I do not want the cause of livelihood issues and refer to the divorce. I'm greedy, I want to be a lifetime of happiness.” SoEun asserted her sentence to Kris’ mom.

 

SoEun’s remarks appreciated Kris’ mom “Then can you tell me what make you fall for him?” Still, Kris’ mom didn’t believe SoEun. SoEun was unidentified to her. “My son is not like other boys who can understand women’s heart. He is an unromantic” This time Kris’ mom got interrupted by SoEun.

 

“Indeed, he, I do not deserve a little impression on him. He is an arrogant, conceited, self-centered, rogue, and sarcastic man with not much of virtues, but piles of flaws.” SoEun took a peek at Kris and revealed her feelings toward Kris to his mother. At this point, Kris angrily pulled SoEun’s elbow over and yelled out “Ya! That’s enough!” in his low voice.

 

“You resigned his worthless. Since you have no interested in him, then why you guys became a couple? Don’t tell me it was because of his financial background?” Hearing SoEun’s word, Kris’ mom was still unsure about SoEun’ purpose. That was her son’s first love, she don’t want him to be hurt. She also don’t want a girl be in love with her son by reason of his financial situation.

 

“Sorry, Auntie. I have not finished yet.” SoEun smile nicely to Kris’ mom while saying her sentences. “Although he did not deserve any appreciation from me, but” SoEun arranged to make a pause here, which make Kris’ mom became restless and questioned impatiently “What is that?”

 

“I love him because he like me.” Out of the blue, SoEun blurted out this line which startled Kris and his mother with their eyes widely opened. Unbelievable looks spread over their faces and yelled out “What?” Their frightened facial expression obtained a victory smile tilted on her lips, and she innocently queried Kris’ mom. “Is this reason enough for that?”

 

“His love made ​​me feel like I am not alone in this world. I want to exert myself for him.” SoEun meaningfully burst out and said in order to remind herself. Once was enough. “There are some things that people often don’t appreciate the value of which is seldom known until it is lost, but I do not want to get to this point, so I do not want to let him go. I know that losing him is a burden to me.”

 

Kris spaced out where his sight was on SoEun, are you really meant to it, SoEun si? That was not my reason to take you as my girlfriend. When Kris’s mind built up questions to SoEun, his mother was also looking at SoEun without saying anything. SoEun’s outspoken remained a good impression from Kris’s mother. 

 

After this quiz game, the dinner continued until all the foods be eaten, and Kris softly grabbed SoEun’s elbow when the time SoEun planning to clean the table, and asked “Did you make the cream puff?”

 

“What? Am I look that idle to you? I have not stopped working from the start.” SoEun pouted to Kris while answering Kris’ question with her sort of impatient tone. She tried her best to say it in a lower voice. You are seriously want to trouble me when I was busy like that hell?

 

“I want to eat it. Make it for me and bring to my office at tomorrow lunchtime.” Kris notified SoEun as an authority order and received an annoyed nod from SoEun while a smile shaped on Kris’ lips. Their interaction caught a satisfy attention from Kris’ mom and she secretly had a feeling that SoEun is a suitable one for her son inevitably. Yet, she didn’t know the pleaded expression on Kris’ face was not because of SoEun, it was because he can taste the green tea cream puff. He has been missing that flavor a while ago. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Chapter End------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I would like  to say Happy 4th of July. I don't know will you guys celebrate it or not, If yes, hope you guys have fun, if no, then hope you guys have a nice weekend. Chapter 8 has been updated; thus SoEun and Kris's mother has finally met. Kris's mother thought that SoEun was a love liar who only after Kris's money. However, SoEun's words has successfully sweep away her idea and left great impression. Hope you guys don't give up to my story... I'll try my best to update more soon, so Thanks you guys.

 

Comments reply here:

noey83: Hmmm.... In this chapter, Kris's mother has a expression like JunPyo's mother, but difference to JunPyo's mom, she was more care about her son which she like to make sure no one will hurt her precious son. So if SoEun do nothing harmful to Kris, then she won't do anything evil. It's ok. My grammar was also not good too. 

Xinghania: Here is chapter 8 already la. So hope you will enjoy reading it and leave your precious comments down there again. Thanks you very much. 

anssolov: Well, I'll do it as soon as possible because I already have an idea inside my mind. The rule will break soon. Kris's mother showed her other side in this chapter compared to Chapter 7. Hope you will keep looking forward to it. If that it is anticipation, you must've to wait for a while. My storyline going kind of slow. So hope you won't mind about it.

krisoeun: hahaha. Thanks for your patience, I'm really appreciate it. Chapter 8 is updated, hope you will enjoy it. Hope you will keep on be patient to my story. Thanks 

SoEunjung1289: hahaha, next chapter Kris's mother will have a date with SoEun. Let see will your wish come true or not. hehehe. 

reddishDaiSy_95: Hi, long time no see. Thanks for the comments first of all. SoEun didn't follow the scheme and burst out the unexpected answer. Not like Kris, SoEun have much more experiences in love than Kris. So Kris's answer key made SoEun really freak out because that such a dramalike answer. Yes, Tao has already fall in love with SoEun a while ago and full of envious toward Kris.... as i mentioned on the character introduction, it was because of one incident, this ancident will be mention few chapters later.