Chapter 14- The Chapter of Her Story

Hello, My Platonic Love!

Chapter 14

 

The sky, mid-afternoon, a beautiful canvas graced with sky blues and milky whites. The blue in the depths beyond and the smooth and rounded clouds in the foreground; February mornings were made to be like this.

 

Time goes by regularly, but there something that made the day kinda difficult to go through was the incident happened few days before.

 

Today, SoEun was serving the customer in the pavement counter as she spacing out during the work for some reasons.

 

Thinking back about the incident recently, misery resurfaced in SoEun’s mind. The serene picture in front of me is broken. Polyphonic sound echoed around the entire shop, it was a sound made by a phone as an incoming call is received.

 

Sinking into thoughts, SoEun didn’t notice her cellphone vibrating inside her pocket before Tao coming out and pushing her shoulder. Being knocked back into reality, SoEun stared at the phone screen after taking out from the pocket.

 

It was a call from Kris’s mother. Hesitating for few seconds, SoEun gathered up her courage to answer the phone. She invited SoEun out for dinner tonight. At first, SoEun had a feeling to turn down the offer from Kris’s mother due to the current event.

 

After some consideration, the initiator of the incident was Kris Wu. He should be the one that I don’t want to see. His mother did nothing wrong.

 

With it in mind, SoEun accepted the invitation sent from Kris’s mother and went to the restaurant Kris’s mother reserved for the dinner for both of them.

 

Yes, it should’ve be only SoEun and Kris’s mother, yet it was just SoEun unilateral thoughts. While getting close to the table where Kris’s mother been reserved, a familiar face reflected from the glass window next to the table trembling SoEun a little.

 

As SoEun seeing the reflection from the glass window, SoEun can feel all her serenity drifted away. Soon after, SoEun turned her whole body back to the entrance and decided to leave before Kris’s mother arriving.

 

Unexpected outbreak, SoEun made one step toward the entrance, her way was blocked by someone. SoEun cranked her neck up and saw Kris’s mother face in front of her.

 

“Aunt…Auntie!” SoEun’s voice was breaking as she called Kris’s mom who giving SoEun an ‘it’s okay’ smile. Hereafter, Kris’s mom linked arms with SoEun as they walking to the table.

 

When they arrived to the table, an oppressive atmosphere filled the restaurant as both Kris and SoEun seeing each other’s face. Kris and SoEun struggled to find the words to say. Umma, are you doing this in purpose? I’m still haven’t had mental preparation to see her.

 

Kris’s mother instructed SoEun to take the seat near the glass window which has inquietude SoEun so much. “Come on, SoEun ah! Have a seat inside.”

 

In the meantime, Kris’s mom placed her on the opposite side across to SoEun’s side with Kris. And now, Kris and SoEun were sitting face to face. At the time SoEun sat on the seat, an anxious feeling had pulses through SoEun’s body.

 

Awkwardness dropped over them during the whole meal time. In order to break the silence, Kris’s mom was the one who speaks up as they waiting for the dessert to be served.

 

“SoEun ah, what is your favorite dessert after all?” The question from Kris’s mother caused SoEun tilted up her head which she been lowered it at the whole time.

 

“Molten chocolate cake!” As we can tell, there was no joy or emotion in SoEun’s voice.

 

“I see! But don’t you find it sort of oversweet? Even I’m a woman, I still can’t stand the sweetness.”  Kris’s mom was trying to keep a normal conversation with SoEun as usual.

 

“Not really, that was my mother’s favv…vori..te!” Once SoEun mentioned the word ‘mother’, she was at a loss for word. Again, she looked away from Kris’s mother in which to hide something emotional would come out from her pupils in front of them again.

 

Not just SoEun, Kris who has been playing dumb tonight also had his attention on SoEun as she starts to stumble at the word ‘mother’.

 

“SoEun ah, did you find the night view awesome?” Seizing the opportunity, Kris’s mother blurted out the question with some approach secretly set up in her mind. “Sometimes we’ll miss some good things as we holding back the years, for example the night view outside.”

 

“Some people do not dare to approach the window because of the fear of heights and admire the beauty of this piece.”

 

“But as long as you get out of that psychological barrier, you will able to rationalize the fear and sorrow.” Having no intention to stop, Kris’s mother kept on her speaking to convey information to SoEun. “Yoona si told me everything.”

 

SoEun had her tear eyes turning to Kris’s mother, unbelievable filled her sad eyes. 

 

“Taking care of a mentally ill mother is not an easy job, should be more careful than anyone. But that day happens only once a year, hoping to receive a birthday gift, like the other kids did is reasonable.” Every words came out from Kris’s mother made SoEun starts to panic. “Should have known it will be uncomforted for Umma to stay in a place crowed with people, but still arbitrarily took her to the mall to buy gifts. In the department stores, Umma was happily in picking gifts. However who would expected that there’s someone stealing thing in the mall, and put the blame on Umma.”

 

“Witnessed someone put the booty into Umma’s handbag as he passed by, yet no matter how she explained for her mother, no one is willing to listen to her and believe her mother. As more people came to gawk, the more it killed her mother. The hand that was holding tightly just before got yanked off.”

 

“In order to escape the pressure of the crowd, she jumped from a tall building unexpectedly. Chasing all the way to catch up with Umma, and sighting her committed suicide in front of her, this kind of experience is unbearable for everyone. ”

 

Listening to Kris’s mother restate the event from that day, the scene that SoEun was unwilling to recall constantly replayed in her mind. Desperately covered both her ears, SoEun shook her head in pain.

 

“It was my fault, it was all my fault!” SoEun was crying piercingly. That was my wayward, if I listen to Appa, to stay at home for the birthday of that year, then everything won’t be happened. Just a birthday, there was not a big deal. Why must to have present for that? “I should be reprehensible for that!”

 

Seeing the self-accusation from SoEun, Kris’s mother attempted to straighten SoEun out and ease out her anxiety. “SoEun ah, listen to me! As a mother, I believe that your Umma wouldn’t like to see you censured yourself like this and trapped into the past.”

 

“*sob**sob*” Unable to control herself, all the repressed complex SoEun constrained for the past sixteen years caused her wash over with tears explosively. Burying her face in both of her palms, SoEun now was crying like there's no tomorrow.

 

Uttering no words from the very start, the image of Kris's rapidly changing facial expression was impressive...first was shock and then was compunctious. That was why you became so sensitivity while being accused by me? SoEun Si, I, I'm sorry! A sense of quilt made Kris's chest to tighten with pain.

 

As tears crystallized in SoEun's eyes, their dinner ended in an oppressive atmosphere.

 

Accompanying with Kris's mother, SoEun left the restaurant and headed back to her apartment by Kris.

 

Arrival at SoEun's apartment, SoEun climbed out Kris's vehicle expressionless. SoEun bowed to Kris's mother so as to say goodbye and enter the apartment building.

 

SoEun mindlessly walked out from the elevator. A person has been waiting for SoEun a long time outside her apartment door as he wandering around the hallway in a worry pace.

 

"Tao Oppa!" Surprising to see Tao here, SoEun called out Tao with astonishment. Why he was here outside my house at this hour.  "Oppa, why are you here? You are looking for Appa?!"

 

"SoEun ah, have, have you just cried?" Ignoring the question from SoEun, the one thing that caught Tao's attention was the bluff eyes of SoEun. What happened to you these day, SoEun ah?

 

"What?!" As Tao reached out his hand to touch her eyes, SoEun yelped in surprise. However, Tao was holding back himself as he has not gathered up enough courage to do that intimate approach to SoEun.

 

"Oppa, can I ask you a favor?" Bursting it out all of sudden, SoEun looked at Tao with her most serious face. I know he want to be concerned, but might be too awkward to act it out for him due to his personality.

 

"NE?! Ye, yeah! What's tha...at?" Before Tao fully composure himself, SoEun hardly threw her head to Tao's shoulder.

 

"Just stay like this, for few minutes! Can I?" This was not a hug, SoEun just had her forehead gently leaned on Tao's left shoulder as Tao had his body freezing like an ice...unable to make any moves.

 

“I’m sorry if that bothering you!” SoEun apologized to Tao for this unacceptable request with no intention to withdraw. Tao oppa, sorry for taking advantage of you! If he still here, that will be his job to do it just like before. SoEun looked nostalgic as she had her forehead laid on Tao’s shoulder.

 

Time passed by as Tao’s heart thumped rhythmically inside his chest. SoEun ah, what’ve happened to you these days? Is that all because of that Kris guy? What made you so miserable for this while?

 

The darkness from the jet black night showed despair and dolorous, will the brightness from the daylight illuminate your life?

 

“*chime**chime*” The wind chimes that hanging on the door of bakery shop struck and produced a melodious series of ringing sounds as people opened the door. Hearing the familiar sounds, Tao came out from the back kitchen since he was the one who stand near the shop front.

 

“Annyeongheseyo, what do you want for today?” Tao said in an audible voice at the time he was walking out from the kitchen to the cashier counter zone. Looking the incomer into eyes, insecurities and unfamiliar filled up his mind. He doesn’t seems like our customer, who is he?

 

“Emmmm…actually I’m not here to patronize.” The guy waved his hand in front of his chest, and stunned for a second. He scanned his eyes around the bakery shop, and turned his face back to Tao and said.

 

“My name is Kris Wu, I’m looking for a pastry chef called Kim So Eun! Is she here?” Ahhh, Kris came all the way to SoEun’s shop to offer an apology for the defamation. I know that I mistook you for convict with preconception. Uncle was right, I cannot be a coward. A man’s respect for his wrongdoing responsible.

 

“…….” Instead of calling SoEun out from the back kitchen, Tao balled his palm into fists as he scrunching up his faces after hearing the introduction from Kris. So here you are, Kris Wu! You were the one let SoEun heartbroken and driven her to distraction, right?

 

“You, coming this way with me.” At first, Tao still stay silent as he forth his way to Kris’s position while untying his apron wrapped around his waist. Tao gave Kris his sharply and deadly glares and spoke to Kris when he had himself stand in front of Kris.

 

“What? Where?” Kris blurted out his confusion as being instructed by Tao out of blue. Who is he? Where does stares come from?

 

“You want to see SoEun, don’t you? Then follow me!” Tao spoke to Kris with some impatient tone. At the time SoEun’s name is mentioned, Tao was unable to control himself as he recalled the sad faces from the recent days on SoEun.

 

Postponing the Q & A portion, Kris followed the footsteps went out of the shop as Tao did. Once both of Kris and Tao exited the bakery shop, Tao who had his back facing Kris, steered himself to Kris and a fist fiercely hit Kris’s right cheek as Kris trying to ask Tao about his purpose for leading him out from the shop.

 

“You bastard!” Giving Kris no chance to react, Tao pulled Kris up who been fall down to the ground from Tao’s attack by grabbing Kris’s collar with both of his hands with anger.

 

“YA! What wrong with you? Beating up people when you first met?” Kris fired back his agitation as he clicked his tongue and felt something warm flowed out on the corner of his lip. What he is doing?

 

“This is what you deserved for making SoEun in pain.” Tao’s intentions were quite clear. The main purpose was to help SoEun to give Kris a lesson for hurting his first love. “I’ve never saw SoEun being just like walking dead and you are the main reason out of all. She was deserve to be loved, don’t you know that?”

 

“If you cannot guarantee to make her happy, why come bothering her?” The grips on Kris’s collar from Tao became tighter than before as the image of SoEun’s expression refreshed on Tao’s mind from yesterday.

 

Tao’s remark brought Kris to speechless. That was why he be filled with fury? It all because of Kim SoEun. I know that I was wrong. This was the not first time I made her cry. The first time was at the time after our first met. You seem like went through a lot of miseries, aren’t you? SoEun si.

 

You said that you want to know the real of me, but I’ve never thought of knowing and understanding your feeling and history. Even though we were fake couple, but I know that I was not a competent boyfriend from the outset.  

 

So at the same time as Kris was reflected on his own fault, SoEun emerged from the shop to find Tao’s whereabouts and see the two men grappled at the door. Rather not letting anything happen beforehand, SoEun rushed to Tao and Kris’s direction and separated them from the dispute.

 

“Oppa, what are you doing? Let go of him!” SoEun ran to Tao and attempted to advise Tao to calm down himself. SoEun knew that Tao was an expert of martial art, if he getting angry, then she can’t prevent what will happen to Kris.

 

“SoEun ah, you still trying to protect him? He treated you like nothing, why you keep on defend him?” Tao frowned his eyebrows with indissoluble while looking at SoEun’s eyes. Why, SoEun ah? How can you do this to me? He really that good even he made you be that sorrow-stricken, you still want to be with him?

 

“That’s not it, Oppa! The one that I want to protect is you!” SoEun successfully to pull Tao’s hand off from Kris’s collar. SoEun’s word made Tao’s clenched fist loosened.

 

“I don’t want anything unnecessary happen to you, Oppa! If you wounded him, and if he held up, how do you do? How do I do?”

 

“Oppa, I don’t want you to be hurt because of him.” SoEun kept holding Tao’s hand after releasing from Kris’s collar. “I’m gonna handle this myself, Oppa. Why don’t you go back and help Appa out? He was looking for you.”

 

“NE? SoEun ah, but…” Tao was unwilling to let SoEun stay with Kris again since he saw how SoEun become so indifferent not as usual those days. I don’t want you to be hurt because of him too, SoEun ah, do you know it?

 

“I want to have a talk with him personally. Don’t worry, Oppa!” SoEun gave out her bright smile like ever from all those unpleasant days. Seeing the smile of SoEun, Tao can’t help but get back to the shop and left SoEun alone with Kris. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Chapter End------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author notes: Hey guys, what's sup!!! Haven't update this story for almost two weeks. I'm wishing that you guys won't have any impatience feeling because of this late update!!! I have a issue project need to work on, so doesn't have much time to the writing last week. So hope it won't be too late for the update. Eventually, Kris know about the story behind of SoEun and understand her feeling little by little!!! How was the reason that caused SoEun being so miserable about the acusation from Kris?! Am I being too farfetch?  Please tell me what you think about it!!! pretty please!!! *puppy eyes**puppy eyes*