Chapter 20- A walk to remember

Hello, My Platonic Love!

Chapter 20 

“Park Chanyeol!? When does you come back? I don’t think we meet each other last night.” Inside the Park’s apartment, Sandara was surprising in the spot as she saw Chanyeol’s appearance as she walked out from her bedroom.

“Noona, keep your voice low! I was back around midnight 2 o’ clock, of course you don’t get a chance to see your brother’s face up till now. Beside, don’t forget that you are a sound sleeper, that’s impossible for me to wake you up no matters how I make noise when I’m came back.” As a morning greet, Chanyeol began the morning mode by making fun of his so-called respectful sister. Flipping the egg on the fry pan, Chanyeol brought back his attention from his sister to the cooking.

“Ya, Park Chanyeol, you got some nerve after the trip to Vienna, don’t you?!” Mocking up by Chanyeol, Sandara got woke up completely from her sleep. Sandara crossed her arms in front of her chest and threatened Chanyeol in an innocuous way.

“But looks like my brother has been turned into a man from a bub.” Watching Chanyeol make breakfast, Sandara was amazing over her little brother’s transformation.

“That was just you taking that into account, I’ve never your bub for a long time ago.” Chanyeol shared a conversation with his Noona without looking at her face as he was entirely focused on the cooking after all. It been a long time that I learned how to take care of myself.

“Oh yeah, almost forgot about it. It happened at the time my brother confessed his feeling to his childhood friend in name Kim SoEun.” As a normal routine, Sandara was unable to change her habit teasing her younger brother after the part for two years. Yet, Sandara’s word seemed like got the point and distracted Chanyeol from his action.

“By the way, how was the reunion with SoEun? Coming back home at the midnight?! Seems like you guys had a good time. It was truly a hard time for a girl waiting her love to come back.  Thanks god that it only took you two years. She must be changed her mind about this.” Talking about SoEun, Sandara chattered away like a machine gun, which giving Chanyeol no chance to make some reaction. Each word muttered out from his sister’s mouth did nothing but furrowed Chanyeol with clueless.

“Wait a minute, what are you talking about, Noona? Reunite with SoEun? How can she found out my return?” Before Sandara can continue blabbering, Chanyeol raised his voice up to prevent his sister talking anymore. He asked for explanation about the meaning of her word.

“After you emailed me the date of your return, I then informed SoEun about that immediately. Wae? (What?) You guys didn’t see each other.” The lost expression from Chanyeol made Sandara failed to comprehend. That was impossible. Such an important day, there had no reason for SoEun to miss it. Or maybe there was something getting in her way?

Chanyeol switched off the fire from the stove after he dazed for couple second. So I didn’t mishear her name yesterday? You did come all the way to the airport to pick me up, but how come you not showing up? And ran away?!

“Hey Park Chanyeol, do you think it time for you to daydream now? What if something happened to SoEun?” Sandara snapped her finger in front of Chanyeol’s with the purpose to get him back to his sense. At the same time, she urged Chanyeol to give SoEun a call. “SoEun didn’t get her number change.”

Following by the instruction of his sister, Chanyeol threw the slice in his hand randomly as he turned around his body and grabbed the phone on the dining table behind him. Dialing the familiar yet strange for some reason number, Chanyeol placed the phone next to his left year with a worry look on his face while waiting his call to be answered.

“We’re sorry! The number you have dialed is not available, please try again later!” Nevertheless, things did not happen as one wished. A common voice reached to Chanyeol’s ear and led him to disappoint. Chanyeol helplessly pulled away the phone from his ear.

The scene changed to SoEun’s bedroom. The drug volatized after one night as she got disturbed from her sleep while the phone echoing inside her bag on the floor next to the bed by Kris who can easily put SoEun’s body to the bed.

Holding her head due to the side effect of taking alcohol beverages, SoEun pulled up her body with difficulty and searched for where the sound coming from. Finally, she reached her bag and took out the phone as SoEun checked the caller name with her sleepy eyes.

“Tao oppa!? What is the call for?”

"SoEun ah, ahjussi told me that you are not feeling well. So he wanted me to notify you that you don't have to come to shop today. That-that's why I'm calling you." As usual, Tao seemingly needed to get some communication training. But can't help it, the one he talked to was Kim SoEun.

"If that so, Oppa please help me look after Appa! Thank you for the call." Due to this, SoEun missed the call from Chanyeol because of Tao without knowing it. And Chanyeol got beat to it by Tao as SoEun's phone became busy and Chanyeol was unable to reach SoEun no matter how many times he tried.

After few attempts, Chanyeol determined to call her some times later since he remembered yesterday there was someone with SoEun when she was at the airport. She must be safe right now, probably just busy working for her father.

"SoEun ah, I-I, you," As Tao got something to tell SoEun, SoEun’s father interrupted his sentence. Therefore, Tao hung up the call with SoEun and got back to work. In secret, some thoughts twirled in Tao's mind as he worked. "SoEun ah, Ahjussi calls for me, see you!"

"Yah, go to work. Bye!" SoEun tapped the 'end' button on the phone screen twice and she causally put phone next to the drawer next to the bed. Then, she pushed the sheets off of her and slowly sat up in the bed, then made her way to the kitchen.

The first thing reflected into SoEun’s eyes was the thermos bottle with a post-it sticking on it. SoEun recognized that was Yoona’s handwriting at the first sight. Moving her feet toward the dinning table, SoEun peeled off the sticky note read it in her mind.

“SoEun ah, I don’t know what is the reason caused you getting drunk like this, but drink this to sober up, see you tonight!”

Reading off the little, yet sweet message from Yoona, obliging brought a smile up to SoEun’s lip. A stream of warmth spread through SoEun’s palms as she picked up the bottle which easing her pain from last night temporarily.

Getting nothing to do, SoEun decided to do some household chores so as to wile away time for not letting herself to go off into wild flights of fancy. In the meantime, SoEun received a message from Kris asking her out for dinner tonight and saying he got something for SoEun.

SoEun accepted Kris’s invitation since she found no excuse to say no. Instead of it, she had to express her thank to Kris for his accompany about yesterday. He was the only one being with me. So it had no doubt that he was the person who sending me home. Hopefully that I didn’t talk any drivel after getting drunk.

As the night came, SoEun went to see Kris by appointment. They met up at the same restaurant last time they came with Kris’s mother after Kris’s slander of SoEun. SoEun spotted Kris’s figure when she entered to the restaurant.

“Sorry that I’m late!” SoEun felt kind of as she bumped into Kris unexpectedly. She apologized to Kris for making me wait for her, but SoEun got told from Kris no problem. Then, they both walked into the restaurant side by side.

“Em, Kris si, thank you for brining me back home last night! I m-might not make any indiscreet remark under the influence of alcohol, did I?” After the waiter took their order, SoEun thanked Kris for his care and asked Kris if she something not appropriate when drunk.

Not making any response, Kris took out a box that placed on the chair next to him and handed it to SoEun instead of answering SoEun’s question. With hesitation, SoEun stretched out her arms in a slow motion and took the box from Kris.

“So are you out to pick me up in just a moment?” Kris’s action made SoEun realizing that Kris must be here a while before her. I didn’t see him holding anything as he walked with me to our table. Besides, such a shoebox-sized box had no way for him to hide it.

“Kris si, that?!” SoEun opened the box and found out that she making a right assumption as she saw a pair of high heels lying inside the shoebox nicely. Moving her sight away from the shoe, SoEun placed her eyes on Kris who sitting across her in a shock look.

"The closed-toe wedge design will be more comfortable when you wearing it even for a long period of time in comparison of other kind of high heels. Moreover, the silk ribbon is tied between the counter of the shoe which can protect your ankle from any scratch." After a short silence, Kris gave out a brief explanation about his design of the pair of high heel for SoEun when she begins to loosen the seatbelt and climb out Kris's vehicle.

"It will be perfect for you to wear it daily.” As an outstanding designer, every piece of his or her opus should be considerate for the customer. The one who was appearing in Kris's mind was SoEun while he working on the drawing. Even though it is the privilege for girls to wear shoes with high heels, but you proved it just kinda heavy in hand to you.

“Just a moment Kris si, I don’t get you.” Unable to comprehend what Kris are saying, SoEun frowned her eyebrows hardly as she inquired for explanation from Kris. Her mind went blank in the spot.

“SoEun si, I’m sorry about it. I didn’t mean to!” Kris suddenly said sorry to SoEun, which has completely confused SoEun even more. Once again, Kris grabbed the diary books from the chair, and then he put the books on the table and slid them to SoEun’s direction.

“You mistook me as your first love last night and you left those in the airport.”

“Ahh, I see!” As soon as the familiar diaries came into views, SoEun flashed a smile on a smile on a behalf of helplessness. My prophecy and worry had come true at the end.

“Now then, things became clear to you and make sense, right? Why I was being so aggressive to get a boyfriend previously?” Kris nodded his head to show his response. It’s been frustrated from the very beginning and led me to misunderstanding. Who knows?! It was a sad story behind your action.

“I am such a silly, don’t you think so?” After seeing Kris’s reaction, SoEun continued with her talks by asking Kris’s question. All the memory replayed in SoEun’s mind like a movie. However, at this time, Kris shook his head as he disagreed with SoEun’s statement. You deserved better, never sell yourself short!

“Have you talked with him yet?” Wondering how was things going on, Kris declared his question to SoEun if she getting in touch with Chanyeol and not just moved his head around.

“I don’t think there is a necessary! You know what, it been a long time for me to see him smiling like that. I enjoyed the nostalgia brought on by his smile, but I am no longer the person can make him smile so heartily. I just feel like I’m the stranger who only can standing there and watching him be happy with someone.”

“But, I’m the outsider in the first place. It was over, the relationship between Chanyeol oppa and I two year ago.” Self-deprecating was all could be found in SoEun’s tone. There was no way to change stuff back in time after all. Thank you for being by my side at some time in the past, Chanyeol oppa! Guess so, the times we been together just only could be the memory of mine to reminisce from now on.

"SoEun si, I-I'm not sure is it proper to say such a thing like this in this situation, but just don't let things bother you that much. That's not your fault for making him get a new girl, somehow it's his fault and mistake for letting you go." Kris made some attempts to soothe SoEun's oppression feeling by saying so. He was absolutely on SoEun's side after reading her diary last night as he could tell how hard SoEun desire to make up with Park Chanyeol. I've never gone through similar experience as you did before SoEun si, but I gave out my best to put you at ease. Don't overthink anything and just leave it be. You deserve a decent man.

Listening to each word from Kris, SoEun did nothing but turned a pleased smile on Kris for his kindness. Just as the conversation started to die down, their food arrived at the table. Right then, they enjoyed and finished the dinner with a silence.

"This meal is my treat!" As soon as the waiter bringing them the bill, SoEun snapped the check away before Kris and said it to him as she took about the credit card from her wallet.

"To show my gratitude for all the thing you've done for me. I know you are not good at console someone especially who crossed in love, yet, your effort will pay off." SoEun took a glance on the bill before handing her card to the waiter and her face goes slacked with slightly open as she found out the price listing on the check.

"You must be kidding me?!" By looking at SoEun's expression, Kris was able to figure out the meaning of her word. A smile spread across Kris's face as he opening his mouth to talk.

"That's fine, do let me stand you a dinner." Meanwhile, Kris got up from his seat a little in which to take over the check from SoEun, but she insisted to pay the bill with a agony face when she giving the waiter to swipe her card. SoEun tugged a hard fight with the waiter as she holding the card tightly and not letting go of it for a few moments.

A slow smile worked its way across Kris's face and into his eyes while watching this funny little struggle scene played by SoEun. I just spent my one-week expense in one meal…Guess I’ll be pinching pennies next month.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Chapter End------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, how was you all day? After few weeks absence, I'm finally return with the new chapter of this stupid story with our lovely artists: Kim SoEun and Kris Wu. Thanks for all your support from the very begining. I'm hoping that you guys still hold anticpation toward this story and won't have the feeling about how slow this story is because the process to complete this story is still underway. So have fun reading this new chapter during the second day of the week. I would like to post the picture of the shoe to show you guys how thoughtful Kris was, yet, that was design by myself in verbal, so no picture, sorry guys! Hope you guys have a good week and wish myself good luck for the upcoming exam tmr!!!! Good luck to me