Chapter 2- Coming up PartyTime

Hello, My Platonic Love!

Chapter 2

Back to the Fascination building, many people walked out from the meeting room with their satisfy smiles. The tall guy who vie with SoEun for the taxi was also there and stepping out from the meeting room.

One old man approached to the tall guy and tapped his left should which make to turn his head to him, said “Good job, Kris. I’m looking forward to the ‘Benedict Collection’.”

“KAMSAHABMIDA.” Kris turned to the old man and thanked him for his praise. “I would like to thank you again YOON SA JANG NIM for your attendance to today meeting.” Then Kris bowed his head to the old man.

“My presence was just as reinforcement. If you fail with the negotiation with Mrs. Thompson, I’ll give you in charge of my company’s project for backup.” Yoon Sa Jang said to Kris with his kind-hearted smile. “But now, I think I’ll need to wait for our next cooperation.”

“That was the reason why I need to thank you, SA JANG NIM.” Kris smilingly said to Yoon Sa Jang.

“It was nothing. But I was wondering what have you did to make Mrs. Thompson change her mind? As far as I know, she refused your offer.” Yoon Sa Jang curiously asked Kris.

“That was our negligence at the first place which makes her to lose her faith in us. Luckily, I received a news that her son, Benedict Thompsons, came to Korea to celebrate her birthdays and unexpected death into plane crash.” Kris explained to Yoon Sa Jang, and continuously said “This incident made ​​her feel indebted to his son, so I will use her son’s name as the name of the series of clothing.”

~Flashback: in the early morning~

“Mrs. Thompson, please give a second to explain to you about our new proposal for your project.” Kris passed over his proposal to Mrs. Thompson who sat on the back passenger side of her car through the window.

“I don’t there a need to do it, Mr. Wu. Over is over.” Mrs. Thompson rejected Kris’ offer with her cold eyes and tried to close the window after saying her last sentences. “There’s no chance to go back and change it.”

“Mrs. Thompson, please don’t say that. I’m sure that you will change your mind after hearing about my idea.” Kris tried to persist as the time he kept Mrs. Thompson to close the car window.

“I don’t think I will. That’s all.” Mrs. Thompson resolutely unwilling to Kris’ words and turned her head to her driver and said “Start the car.” After commanding by his madam, the driver nodded his head as understanding and started the engine of the car.

The car slowly started moving which caused Kris almost to fall to the floor, so he tried his best to hold on the window screen as support, and he immediately shouted out the things he wanted to say “I know that your son passed away when the time he coming to celebrate your birthday.”

Kris’ sentence made Mrs. Thompson become startle. She surprisingly looked at Kris and her lips started to tremble as she led out her question. “What… do try..ing to say?” Hearing the surprise voice, the driver stopped the car because he realized that was the key word that caused the change of his madam.

“Benedict Thompson. That was a nice name. Some people say that name is the first blessing given by the child's parents. The meaning of Benedict is blessing. I can imagine that your love for him is more than I expected.” Kris said to Mrs. Thompson intentionally while a smile curved up in his mind. “You want to give him all your blessing from your best. That incident must be scarred you very much. If you don’t mind Mrs. Thompson for my self-assertion, I decided to use Benedict for this collection’s name as our blessing.” Kris opened up the document to let Mrs. Thompson to have a look. Mrs. Thompson seems to be attracted by Kris’ offer. That might be the last blessing that she can do for his lovely son.   

~End~

“Ah! So that’s is the meaning of Benedict Collection. Kris ah, what a brilliant idea.” Yoon Sa Jang tumbled to why Kris choose to name his new apparel line as Benedict. He tapped Kris’ shoulder as encouragement, said “Kris, keep it up. I’m happy for your father to have such a clever boy like you, Kris.” It earned a smile from Kris. Then Yoon Sa Jang left the building and went back to his own company.

 

Fashion Department

“Everybody, listen up!” Shin Si Jang clapped his hands to catch the workers attention. They all looked at him with their confuse face. Shin Si Jang said to the employees “Mrs. Thompson’s case has been implemented because of BU SA JANG’s effort. Now next step is the clothing design. Everyone keep your hard work and submit your design as soon as possible.”

“NE? Is that mean we need to work overtime?” One of the employee yelled out after hearing Shin Si Jang’s word.

“Warfare time is coming back!” Another employee added with his serious face.

“Err…SHIN SI JANG, do you think it is possible for us to indulgence once before the war began?” One young worker raised her hand up and asked.

“JooYoung si, what do you mean by that?” Shin Si Jang asked the worker, JooYoung, with a puzzle look in his face.

“How about throw a party? I don’t think we have time to eat well start from tomorrow.” JooYoung spoke up her mind to Shin Si Jang. “Do you guys agree?”

“Hmmm. I cannot make decision for this though.” Shin Si Jang said to the employees “Bu Sang Jang nim is the one who you guys should ask.” After Shin Si Jang finishing his sentence, a voice come along.

“I don’t care about it. Do whatever you guys want.” That voice is belonged to Kris, their Bu Sa Jang nim. He walked casually with one of his hand inside his pocket and one hand held a document file. “As long as you guys can get the design done before the due date.” His sentence ended and disappeared when he settled himself into his office in the fashion department.

The silence broke down after Kris got into his room. All the employees cheered for their coming up party. They were actively discussing about the food for the party. Alright, appetizer and main dishes are decided. What about desserts?

Suddenly JooYoung remembered something and turned her body to one of her co-worker, asked “Yoona ah, the cake that you treated me at two days ago, where did you buy it? That was really delicious and special. Can you in charge with desserts for tomorrow?”

“Ah, that was from my childhood friend’s cake shop.”  Yoona recalled her memory and said to JooYoung. “Sure, I’ll take care of it.” I should make a call to see if SoEun can prepare the cake for us. Yoona took out her cellphone from her purse and dialed a number. While she decided to press the call button, she remembered that SoEun had a day off today. I rather call her number than the bakery store.

“♪♪♪♪” The phone rang endlessly. Why she didn’t pick up the phone? Thus, Yoona changed her mind and called the bakery shop. A few seconds later, someone answered the phone and greeted “Anneyohaseyo, Bake it Bakery. What can I help you?” The voice was familiar with Yoona.

“SoEun ah, why are you in the shop today? Aren’t you dating with MyungSso oppa today?” Yoona surprisingly asked SoEun after hearing her voice from the phone.

“*sigh*, do not mention it. We… are broke up.” SoEun sighed and told Yoona about her relationship with MyungSso.

“MO? How can this happen?” Yoona’s surprising face doesn’t seems to be relieved, she furrowed her brow and asked SoEun.

“I’ll tell you in detail when you come back. Anyway, why are you calling? It was still working hour.” SoEun pouted and asked the reason for Yoona’s call.

“Oh yeah. Our company going to hold a party tomorrow. We intend to ask you to make us a cake for dessert.” Yoona answered SoEun’ question.

“Oh really? Then what kind of cake you guys want it to be?” SoEun asked Yoona with her hand searching for a pen and paper to take the order from Yoona.

“Emmm… I have no idea. Just make anything you think is good, SoEun ah. I like whatever you made.” Yoona said to SoEun after thinking for a moment.

“Ok then. I’ll decide it for you.” SoEun nodded with understanding and said to Yoona. “Then I will see you later.” SoEun hung up the call and went back to the kitchen to take out the cake from the oven. At the same time, SoEun was thinking about which cake she should make for Yoona. 

 

 

 

New character introduction: 

Yoona-im-yoona-33252262-500-682.jpg   

Im  Yoona

- senior fashion designer with impressed fashion sense

- have a real shining personality, sometimes can be neurotic

- childhood friend of SoEun, and household as well

- girlfriend of Lee SeungKi

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Chapter End------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author notes:   Hi readers, chapter two have been updated. Hope you guys enjoy it. I know that the chapter was short, which I wish you guys won't mind about it. Last but not least, comments please!!!! I really need you guys opinion to improve the story. If you guys feel bored or unable to understand about the storyline, please comment below. Or maybe your feeling about the story is always welcome here. Critsicism is also accepted too, but please don't be too rude. Thanks you very much for all of you guys and my 11 subscribers. Love you guys *kiss*